• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Liked the new Simmons article about the Harden situation.

I agree with him--if we let Harden go over a few million/year in luxury tax while Bennett and his buddies are worth way more than that, the fans should protest in front of the arena.

Competing for chips year-in, year-out for a decade is absolutely a "luxury" worth paying the tax for.

We subsidized your arena, your GM has made tons of great decisions--don't suddenly cry "small market" over the guy destined to be the league's best SG in a few years.

Vahagn

then why wouldnt he just say that and not imply something totally different?

Imagine for a second, If Jordan was drafted and had to play with Prime Shaq and then old but still cocky-as-shit Shaq for the first decade of his career. You think Jordan averages 37 points a game doing that for a season? Or he averages 30/8/8 doing that? Or he wins 5 MVP's doing that?

Kobe is an alpha male, probably the most alpha male NBA Player since Magic and Jordan and he has to take a backseat his entire career to out of shape Shaq why exactly? Cuz dude is big?

Right around 2003 Kobe was the better player. 2 way player, closer, all nba first team across the board. If Shaq was willing to step aside like Kareem did with Magic, it could have worked. But Shaq thinking Kobe is a sidekick wouldn't have worked cuz Kobe was as much sidekick as Magic or Bird were.

MITCHDAGOD

Remember when last year I said Mitch was one of the best GM's in the league and everyone said I was stupid, he was just a middling GM? Lol, what about now? He got Nash to take less money to come to an arch rival and gave up practically nothing to get him. He got Dwight even though LA was Dwight's second option and Brooklyn was offering a much better package, and he got out of giving Bum Knees Bynum a 100 million dollar contract next season which is, really, the biggest steal in this whole thing. It was like What Kerr did with Amare - except if Kerr didn't just lose Amare but upgraded and replaced him with a 27 year old Dirk.

I been around dudes on high protein diets that get off on that kind of thing. No surprise that Dwight is that type. He prolly farts during sex too.
oh and lol, if Clay Bennett pulls a Reinsdorf and lets Harden walk.

Cloudy

Banned
“'I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team. I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown.'

"Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him 'the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.'"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kobe-smush-parker-the-worst-2012-10#ixzz290a9ZyDf

Old? LMAO. Let it go, Kobe

Kobe complaining about his teammates after he ran off Shaq will never stop being hilarious. Yeah, Shaq was an asshole and a cancer as well, but it's still pretty funny.

Cloudy

Banned
It's amazing to think that Fisher isn't the worst starting PG the Lakers have had in the past decade, lol.

Actually, I don't think Smush was as bad as recent Fisher. He was explosive and okay from 3. He averaged like 10ppg both seasons.

His 2 years were definitely better than Fisher's last 3 IMO..

SUPREME1

Banned
Vag and his Kobe worship is hilarious.

It's not like he's wrong though.

People like to rag on Kobe over the Shaq debacle, while Shaq gets none of the blame. That's even more hilarious.

There's a reason why Shaq has been on, what, 6 teams?

I don't fault Kobe for wanting to reach his full potential. Maybe if Shaq wasn't a fat lazy fuck who insulted the man who signed his paychecks, he'd have been the one they chose.

I also don't blame him for calling out the FO when they had surrounded him with the likes of Luke, Kwame and Smush. Good for him and all Laker fans that he forced their hand. It resulted in three more finals appearances and a pair of rings.

Not to mention the squad we have now.

SUPREME1

Banned
Actually, I don't think Smush was as bad as recent Fisher. He was explosive and okay from 3. He averaged like 10ppg both seasons.

His 2 years were definitely better than Fisher's last 3 IMO..

Yeah, but you're comparing a guy who should have been retired at that point (Fisher) with a guy who was in his "prime" (Smush).

Smush was dumb as a rock. Fisher was just done.

abuC

After watching that Heat game, I can't help but get the feeling they're gonna win 62-66 games, they actually have a bench.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
After playing 24 minutes last night, Brandon Roy practiced today. He'll apparently play all of preseason now, even the upcoming back-to-back.

I really don't want to get my hopes up.

ricky-small.gif

Pimpwerx

Heat looked good in China today. The spacing is just bananas this year. Wade is gonna find himself the worst shooter on the floor a lot of times. He certainly was today, but made up for it on defense. The rest of the league has been put on notice. School's out. Recess is over. These boys don't play. PEACE.

Happy birthday, Nori!

You can finally have that first drink, lol.

It's gonna rain confetti inside American Airlines Arena come June. You will get all the credit. I thank you in advance.
Fixed ;)

Heat looked good in China today. The spacing is just bananas this year. Wade is gonna find himself the worst shooter on the floor a lot of times. He certainly was today, but made up for it on defense. The rest of the league has been put on notice. School's out. Recess is over. These boys don't play. PEACE.

I feel that spacing and 3pt shooting is the only way to beat the Laker Lizard....also get Dwight into foul trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom