• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Congrats Supreme. I'm sure you are going to pimp her out with some of these...

LakersDistressedOnesie.jpg

bionic77

Good bye Best-GAF. I'll be leaving now. My baby girl (Aisley; silent A) is due in a month and I have a lot of shit to take care of before then. I'll be too busy to post once she's arrived and I don't know if I'll ever be back.

Big ups to Lakers-AGE. Enjoy the season. Make sure to appreciate Bean for how ever long he's got left. Keep the lesser franchises in check for me. Special shout out to Viakado for all the avatar love and to LovingSteam for keeping shit light and entertaining... FREE CAP!

To Jeff, DY, reilo, Crimson, Kad, Smokey, Brandi, Rodeo, Blackace, and the rest of the triple OGs I'm forgetting... the guys who were here when I first walked in as ImperialConquest following the '08 season... Thanks for the NBA thread(s). I'll miss it.
fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

See you at the parade. <3
Best feeling in the world. Wish you the best of luck. Also if you just have one kid you will still find time to post in here and things get easier after the first 18 months.

The birth of my twins really took a toll on the amount I post on GAF. I mostly stay at NFL-age these days because NBA threads move at the speed of light and I just could not keep up.

Congratulations Supreme, good luck going forward man.

I will likely be joining you as a father myself in a little over a year and I'm scared as hell at the thought of it.

Pimpwerx

Good bye Best-GAF. I'll be leaving now. My baby girl (Aisley; silent A) is due in a month and I have a lot of shit to take care of before then. I'll be too busy to post once she's arrived and I don't know if I'll ever be back.

Big ups to Lakers-AGE. Enjoy the season. Make sure to appreciate Bean for how ever long he's got left. Keep the lesser franchises in check for me. Special shout out to Viakado for all the avatar love and to LovingSteam for keeping shit light and entertaining... FREE CAP!

To Jeff, DY, reilo, Crimson, Kad, Smokey, Brandi, Rodeo, Blackace, and the rest of the triple OGs I'm forgetting... the guys who were here when I first walked in as ImperialConquest following the '08 season... Thanks for the NBA thread(s). I'll miss it.
fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

Uh uh. Man...boo this clown. Yo team sucks. Get outta here.
1zy7bf7edra2.gif

PEACE.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I really don't see what is controversial at all about Wall being effective as a slashing guard. He's probably the quickest player in the league, he's fairly strong and can finish with both hands. Hell anything where he doesn't need to shoot he can be effective at.

He is fairly bad at the cup

If He could finish he would be much tougher

Nori Chan

Good luck Supreme. I hope you nothing but the best. At least make an appearance when the Lakers win the championship in june brother.

On the subject of John Wall, I think he needs to go to a new team with a good coach and veteran players. Would the Wizards trade him? Maybe to Dallas? Just thinking out loud.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
On the subject of John Wall, I think he needs to go to a new team with a good coach and veteran players. Would the Wizards trade him? Maybe to Dallas? Just thinking out loud.
I would pay to see that

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I can't even imagine a trade that makes any sense at all with Dallas.

Maybe if Dallas decided to tank this year I could have seen it.

The Wizards have vets and good guys now other than Crawford.

Wall's failings are going to be about him and not his environment if he continues to play like he has.

giri

I really don't see what is controversial at all about Wall being effective as a slashing guard. He's probably the quickest player in the league, he's fairly strong and can finish with both hands. Hell anything where he doesn't need to shoot he can be effective at.

What is, Corey Brewer.

Well, brewer actually plays hard on defense.

Also a complete bust. Guy was a number one pick. If he's basically turned into a 12mpg bench player then thats a bust.

What about Randy Wittman?

He didn't get an extension. I think he's out after this year.

I don't know what the fuck the logic is to keeping him right now though. There some really good coaches available. Maybe Leonsis knows guys aren't really interested in the job right now and wants to wait for us to have a better season. IDK.

giri

Well...

Westbrook made it with Brooks as a coach. Can't have totally perfect situations. Wittman is a pretty awful coach though.

and DMC continued to develop at the kings.

Wall really has no excuses, if he's still mailing in sub par in all categories again this year, then he's basically done.

He didn't get an extension. I think he's out after this year.

I don't know what the fuck the logic is to keeping him right now though. There some really good coaches available. Maybe Leonsis knows guys aren't really interested in the job right now and wants to wait for us to have a better season. IDK.

I hate the attitude, but understand it too. if the FO has no faith in the coach, it is going to be felt by the players. But i also hate when a franchise chops and changes coaches every year.

Go through a proper coaching search. Even look at college coaches if you must. Get someone with a plan (no one from NY) and give them 2 - 3 years to pull it off.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

/salute

Although, I request that you come back and post pics of your baby girl like Jeff did.

and DMC continued to develop at the kings.

Wall really has no excuses, if he's still mailing in sub par in all categories again this year, then he's basically done.

I mean there's nothing for Wall to apologize for. His sophmore year was rough but circumstances were pretty crazy. I mean 16, 8, and 4.5 as a soph? Ok he's a bust.

Agreed that this is a huge year for him to determine where he'll be as a player, but trying to say that DMC is some shining example of Walls failure seems odd. DMC's play isn't effected by the pieces around him nearly as much as Wall, maybe the opposite, he plays with bad bigs beside him in terms of boards so it gives him a chance to get those numbers up. He averages 15 shots a game so he's getting the ball, his defense is fucking terrible and his FG% was slightly higher than Walls, which is ridiculous for a big.

I think people just look at Westbrook and Rose and are just like fuck it, Rose was an MVP after a few years and look at Westbrook now. Both those guys were in drastically different situations. But it's clear GAF has its opinion Wall, I'll just let this season speak for itself and bring up the subject again at a later date.

giri

I mean there's nothing for Wall to apologize for. His sophmore year was rough but circumstances were pretty crazy. I mean 16, 8, and 4.5 as a soph? Ok he's a bust.

Agreed that this is a huge year for him to determine where he'll be as a player, but trying to say that DMC is some shining example of Walls failure seems odd. DMC's play isn't effected by the pieces around him nearly as much as Wall, maybe the opposite, he plays with bad bigs beside him in terms of boards so it gives him a chance to get those numbers up. He averages 15 shots a game so he's getting the ball, his defense is fucking terrible and his FG% was slightly higher than Walls, which is ridiculous for a big.

I think people just look at Westbrook and Rose and are just like fuck it, Rose was an MVP after a few years and look at Westbrook now. Both those guys were in drastically different situations. But it's clear GAF has its opinion Wall, I'll just let this season speak for itself and bring up the subject again at a later date.

Yeah, DMC can get more done on his team in his position, but he had people actively working against him as much/more than Wall did. DMC still has flaws, but he continued to progress and actually bust ass in every game.

I certainly never got the feeling that wall as busting his as last year. He also appear to look for contact a lot less / completely avoid it. Which isn't a bad thing, but he's let it affect the shot and play that he wanted to make. So instead of taking the shot and drawing the foul, he'll make a terrible felton-esque pass or some shit.

His shooting has gotten to be a major issue that hasn't improved. And compared to his first year, he's now basically unguarded above the FT line. Wide open. Which you can do if you've got PP and ray allen on the wings to pass too. But wall doesn't.

I don't compare Wall to rose or westbrook, because they're really different players in really different situations. But what i do notice is that Wall looks to be blaming everyone else and using that as an out or excuse. And thats not promising.

Really, the closes thing to Wall in the NBA is Rondo. And yeah Rondo was in a much better situation, but he's also developed a lot better at running the team and controlling the game. Wall hasn't. Rondo also busts ass on the defensive end.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jobber i hate to tell you this

but you have straight shit for taste in every aspect of your life

sorry man

you call ME out??

I was testing out the Android version for the hell of it. Gamefly brought me the Wii version. This is my measuring stick. Not a silly 4 minute 1 quarter demo they throw up on xbl. Gone are the days of me blindly buying 2 basketball games on day 0. I got burned by 2K and EA too many times. If I enjoy the Wii version then I'll get the souped up version...which might be the Wii U version.

RBH

hawks1.JPG

Star forward Josh Smith gives the famous Varsity cry "What'll ya have?" while working behind the counter at the local landmark Friday afternoon. The Hawks' appearance at the Varsity was part of the NBA "Paint the Town" initiative designed as a way for fans to meet players away from the court.

hawks3.JPG

Hawks center Zaza Pachulia shakes hands with a Varsity customer before serving him a drink. The 'Paint the Town' initiative gives 'a chance for fans to see players as real people," said Andrea Carter, director of community development for the Hawks.

hawks5.JPG

Smith exchanges a high-five with customer Justin Amado while guard Kyle Korver looks on.

hawks4.JPG

Hawks rookie Mike Scott adjusts his Varsity hat as he walks through the dining room virtually unnoticed.

http://www.ajc.com/gallery/sports/basketball/hawks-take-order-varsity/g5ny/#2776316

was that LA Times article with Big Game James spitting ether at Dwight ever posted? it's about a month old, but damn Worthy drops one truth bomb after another.

"I wasn't a fan of Dwight Howard," Worthy said during a conference call Thursday morning to announce his new role as main studio analyst for Lakers games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet.

Worthy said that he likes players who put their head down and do their job. He lamented that with Howard, "there was too much conversation."

"Who said this, I don't like this coach. To me, that's nonsense," Worthy said. "Your job is to come in and play and deal with the situation that's there."

Worthy also greatly disapproved of Howard's reticence to play for the Lakers.

"I was a little bit taken back. I think I heard him say ... if the Lakers drafted him, he wouldn't take it," Worthy said. "I knew that was gibberish."

Worthy, however, made it clear that now that Howard is on the Lakers, he welcomes him to the team. He just thinks that the superstar with a larger-than-life personality needs a minor attitude adjustment.

"This is not Orlando," he said.

"It's not like he's bringing this onetime thing to the Lakers...we already have one superman in this town," he said.

"I think my favorite move of the summer was professor Steve Nash," he said. "We haven't had a point guard like that since Magic Johnson."

As for the Lakers chances of winning a championship this season?

Worthy said the team might not be there just yet.

"They look better on paper," he said. "They look really good on paper. So does a counterfeit $100 bill until you try to spend it. They have work to do."

lol.

The M.O.B

YT comments in the videos are hilarious, and some examples are just wrong.

A lot of the "flops" again are inconsistent and will be impossible to judge without slowing down the game to go to replay or something. Many of them I would consider legit even if the players exaggerate to make sure the call is correct. This Chalmers one for example.

none of the flops will slow down the game. It's all post-game stuff.

The NBA also said flopping even on legit fouls will still result in fines. The video link gave an example of CP3 getting fouled but exaggeration contact to sell it and they said they would fine that one.

though, the Chalmers one seems to be on the line and I'm not sure if that one would be fined.

The NBA isn't fining all flops, just ones they consider an over-embellishment.

fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

Love that girl with all your heart.
laters cocksucker.

thekad

Banned
Lin looks like our fourth best player.

Also, Matrix and Smokey are going to eat crow on Asik; 7 rebounds and a block in the first quarter :lol

thekad

Banned
Judging from last season, McHale will probably play a Patterson/Motie frontcourt more minutes. But, at least it'll result in a higher pick.

Asik has just completely dominated on the defensive end.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

How are you going to leave just as I join Lakers-AGE?

Well, be a great a father, and enjoy the ride. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom