• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
it seems like every pre-season game ends up being a 1 possession game at the end

congrats to Indiana making that dagger shot and going to the WNBA FInals to be a footnote in history as the team that lost to Minnesota for their 2nd championship after being the worst team in the league 3 years ago.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I have 2k13 on Android and Wii

I love shitty graphics!

ugh
Wii 2K13 is like a dumbed down port of 2K11. I mean if it wasn't for the menus, the music, and the fact that the 97 Spurs were selected as a playable team (wtf?!), I would think this is 2K11.

Nori Chan

I have 2k13 on Android and Wii

I love shitty graphics!

ugh
Wii 2K13 is like a dumbed down port of 2K11. I mean if it wasn't for the menus, the music, and the fact that the 97 Spurs were selected as a playable team (wtf?!), I would think this is 2K11.

jobber i hate to tell you this

but you have straight shit for taste in every aspect of your life

sorry man

lol at people talking about Melo's defense. He played defense when Woodson took over as coach.

I'm gonna say what I've been saying since Wall was drafted; he would kill as a slashing 2 guard. Dude isn't a pg.

He is 6'3. He will be playing point for the next 15 years.

giri

lol at people talking about Melo's defense. He played defense when Woodson took over as coach.

I'm gonna say what I've been saying since Wall was drafted; he would kill as a slashing 2 guard. Dude isn't a pg.

Wall is going to kill as a slashing 2g? Dumbest shit ever.

Unless by kill you mean the FO's career.

edit

i don't post in a week, laker fans trashing shaq acting like but hurt lovers again.

same shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wall is going to kill as a slashing 2g? Dumbest shit ever.

Unless by kill you mean the FO's career.

edit

i don't post in a week, laker fans trashing shaq acting like but hurt lovers again.

same shit.

Shooting guards who shoot low percents from everywhere are awesome

I really don't see what is controversial at all about Wall being effective as a slashing guard. He's probably the quickest player in the league, he's fairly strong and can finish with both hands. Hell anything where he doesn't need to shoot he can be effective at.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really don't see what is controversial at all about Wall being effective as a slashing guard. He's probably the quickest player in the league, he's fairly strong and can finish with both hands. Hell anything where he doesn't need to shoot he can be effective at.

He can't finish though. That's the thing.

Anything half-court related and he's useless.

Saying he needs to be a 2 guard seems really odd. Rookie Wall had no problem shooting the ball with confidence, and he even won a few games off of 3pters. He shot 30% from threes that year, which was better percentage than Chris Paul and Derrick Rose's rookie seasons, and was virtually the same percentage from deep that Kobe shot last year.

So his progression as a player was just fine in year 1 in terms of shot confidence and ability, the only huge issue was his injury woes.

Year 2 was a disaster...from the roster, lockout, coaching, pretty much all of it. We didn't have anyone that could set a decent screen for John his first two seasons, so there was no PnR game at all and defenses just sunk off of him, and we had no shooters to stretch the floor. Jordan Crawford was next to him a lot of the time...nuff said.

Despite this John did some good things: Got his PER up to 17.77, didn't miss a single game that year, and got to the line and improved his FG%. What was disturbing was how he completely abandoned the jumpshot.

If he can just return to that confidence he had year 1 with his jumper he's going to break out. A guy who averages 8 APG with no weapons around him at all isn't a slashing 2, he's a

I'll absolutely eat my hat and call for Wall to be traded if he doesn't break out this year.

DY_nasty

You know why his jumper "sucks" now? Because he knows that he ain't got the body or heart to go to the paint against bigger guys for 82 games. He knows he has to rely on his jumper - and he knows its shit just like opposing teams know its shit now. That's a massive mental block. Even if he does work on his jumper, everyone can see the fear and uncertainty all over his body when he sees a crowded paint and defenders backing off of him.

Wall's shooting stats other than threes (which were just below average) were terrible in his first year. He shot 30% from midrange as a rookie and 30% as a second-year player.

He can't finish though. That's the thing.

Anything half-court related and he's useless.

Funny thing about this post is how 2k gave him the Acrobat and Finisher skills in 2k, but alright.

You know why his jumper "sucks" now? Because he knows that he ain't got the body or heart to go to the paint against bigger guys for 82 games. He knows he has to rely on his jumper - and he knows its shit just like opposing teams know its shit now. That's a massive mental block. Even if he does work on his jumper, everyone can see the fear and uncertainty all over his body when he sees a crowded paint and defenders backing off of him.

Dude hits the floor hard from attacking the rim damn near every game and sat out a lot his first year from being so reckless. You have no idea what you're talking about. 6.1 FT attempts per game aren't coming from jumpshots, they are coming from attacking the rim. So I don't even know what you're talking about.

And your roster has a lot to do with him being hesitant in the half court. What are you going to do when nobody can set a screen, you have McGee and Seraphin for a front court so everyones crowing the paint, and wings are attacking the strong side of the court because they don't have to worry about being attached to a shooter? You get fucked.

Wall's shooting stats other than threes (which were just below average) were terrible in his first year. He shot 30% from midrange as a rookie and 30% as a second-year player.

We already know that, you get better at shooting by attempting more shots though, which is something he just didn't do enough of in year 2. Aside from that shooting isn't necessary to be great, see Rondo.

charsace

I think he would be better served as a 2. Let him bulk up some and not having him focus on running the offense and findning guys good shots would be good for him.

I think he would be better served as a 2. Let him bulk up some and not having him focus on running the offense and findning guys good shots would be good for him.

I don't see the value in it much myself, but then again I've always had that opinion about guys like Rose/Westbrook. Guys always say it would be better if they played the 2, and it's just a really weird thing.

I mean you can just write year 2 off in terms of Walls development because of the roster, staff and lockout. Judge him this year.

Like I said what are you going to do when your front court is Vesely/Seraphin and Javale Mcgee with nobody that can shoot on the outside? The defense is just going to collapse. Even under such a situation Walls effectiveness was admirable.

We've added a stretch 4 in Nene and a post presence in Okafor, those guys can actually set screens. Are shooting is still bad but playing Beal at the 2 and Webster at the 3 could fix that. It's just such a dramatic change in the roster in terms of fitting his needs that it's just unfair to judge him until we see how this season shakes out.

George Karl is unconcerned with how much his players make, particularly in reference to the center position.

JaVale McGee was re-signed in the offseason and makes significantly more than Timofey Mozgov and Kosta Koufos.

"I have no idea. The perfect scenario would be that JaVale would get (minutes) in the high 20s and Kosta and Timo in the low 20s, but I'm not going to predict anything. I'm going to go coach to win games, not to play big guys."

Karl was then asked about McGee being the Denver Nuggets' big offseason signing.

"You think that's ever influenced me? You think I give a (darn) about what they make? You honestly think that bothers (me)? The only time it's good to know what the players make is to demand they play like a $10 million player," Karl said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...me_Decisions_Based_On_Contracts#ixzz2964SULpW

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Javale...you'd think a starting center would play 30+ MPG.

At least you didn't take Turner, DarkFaze. I'd take Walls broke ass jumper over Turners. Wall isn't an emo either.

Collins wouldn't have broken Wall thanks to his nofucks trait.

There were less than 10 centers in the league who played 30 minutes a night. High 20s is totally reasonable.

There aren't many legit good centers so just going by MPG by that position is a bit deceptive. With how athletic Javale is and how shitty the bigs on that team are I'd expect him to get a little more usage personally.

At least you didn't take Turner, DarkFaze. I'd take Walls broke ass jumper over Turners. Wall isn't an emo either.

Collins wouldn't have broken Wall thanks to his nofucks trait.

Iggy on Collins:

I haven't really enjoyed basketball a whole lot the last couple of years," Iguodala said. "Last year was a big year for us, but it was just draining for the criticism to be there every single day."

Iguodala has been the best player in camp with the Nuggets.

"I went through so much to prove myself in every single training camp because a lot of coaches would come in and say, 'Don't shoot threes. Don't shoot threes. Don't shoot threes. Drive and dunk. Drive and dunk.' And I would be like, 'I can shoot threes!'

"So in Doug Collins' first year, I didn't shoot threes because he was like, 'I don't want you shooting threes, I don't want that shot.'

"Last year, I said, 'I'm shooting it.' And what happened? Shot 38 percent from three, top-25 in the NBA from three and I'm supposed to be a non-shooter. You put so much work in, and then to be told, 'Don't do what you worked on all summer.'"

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...joy_Last_Few_Seasons_With_76ers#ixzz296DANEXj

I really hate coaches who try to stop players from improving. I have a feeling Witman did that with Wall last year.

diehard

Fleer

hayward.gif

There were less than 10 centers in the league who played 30 minutes a night. High 20s is totally reasonable.

That's because a ton of the good centers in the NBA were injured last year or were being aggressively rested for the playoffs because of age. McGee is young and isn't injury-prone.

Jazz will supposedly be running more this year, this is a good thing when you have "The White Lebron" G-TIME.

Time for more posters on fools who think they can stop G-TIME in transition.

DY_nasty

What? He can finish. 62% at the rim with some of the most attempts. That's up there with some of the best sg's in the league. And he's good at both sides.
There's no stat for bad bailout passes, wasted possessions, and inability to take anything but hard and stupid shots.

SUPREME1

Banned
Good bye Best-GAF. I'll be leaving now. My baby girl (Aisley; silent A) is due in a month and I have a lot of shit to take care of before then. I'll be too busy to post once she's arrived and I don't know if I'll ever be back.

Big ups to Lakers-AGE. Enjoy the season. Make sure to appreciate Bean for how ever long he's got left. Keep the lesser franchises in check for me. Special shout out to Viakado for all the avatar love and to LovingSteam for keeping shit light and entertaining... FREE CAP!

To Jeff, DY, reilo, Crimson, Kad, Smokey, Brandi, Rodeo, Blackace, and the rest of the triple OGs I'm forgetting... the guys who were here when I first walked in as ImperialConquest following the '08 season... Thanks for the NBA thread(s). I'll miss it.
fuk yo teams clowns

Lastly, FUCK YOU:

Boston
Miami
OKC
LAC
Stern

EAD.

Los_Angeles_Lakers.gif

See you at the parade. <3

"Our early sales figures are a validation of our ongoing efforts to push this franchise to new heights," said 2K Sports vice president of marketing Jason Argent. "We owe it to our great fans to continually improve our title - year in and year out - and that's exactly what we've done with NBA 2K13."

So much for the boycott.

KingGondo

Banned
Congrats on the baby, Supreme.

Lakers can EAD as well. I'll be thinking of you after OKC bounces the Fakeshow in the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom