• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

The Wolves have gone 5-41 in the games Love has missed in the last four years, this could end pretty badly for them.

Then again, AK47 and Pekovic are a lot better than the guys that they've usually put out when Love has been hurt.

It's interesting because i think williams is a good player. and the rest of them aren't terrible. But i think a large part will be how schved adjusts to NBA ball.

I'm gonna go against Pimp and Shadow and say that the Czzz got better this year.....

But you can't deny that beast Lebron, a healthy Bosh (and Wade to an extent) plus Ray Ray, Zombie Miller and Rashard, and JORTS!!!! would still win against them

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's interesting because i think williams is a good player. and the rest of them aren't terrible. But i think a large part will be how schved adjusts to NBA ball.
Love and Pek worked well on O together

Wonder how Williams and Pek will look together

dont matter what third option Ray Ray did on the Celtics, in Miami he's a spot up shooter coming off the bench, and as spot up shooters go, he's as good as it gets.

where I dont like miami is the inside, where they aint shit. any big with a respectable post game can fuck up that team, look what Roy Hibbert was doing to them in the playoffs. and that dude's post game consisted of what, a hook shot?

I'm gonna go against Pimp and Shadow and say that the Czzz got better this year.....

But you can't deny that beast Lebron, a healthy Bosh (and Wade to an extent) plus Ray Ray, Zombie Miller and Rashard, and JORTS!!!! would still win against them

Even though going through Boston for #17 would be a great series, I'd still take the Heat in 7.
Healthy Bosh makes a big difference.

And besides, I want you guys at full strength so there are no excuses when we close it in 6.

You're actually pulling for Nick Young?

I;ve always liked Nick Young.

I know he's a gunner who plays shitty defense and take asshole 4s (fukka 3 yo) but it's fun to watch for no apparent reason lol.

He's not a good basketball player but he's fun to watch.

He also murdered us for years.

Plus you can't hate on swag son.

You just can't.

lol, Young is the exact prototype of everything older people and purists hate in their nba basketball. a punk who wont d up and is only out to get his.

Bread

Banned
On what planet did this happen? Here on Earth, Miami stole one of their top players, while the Cs tried to patch the hole with bubble gum and duct tape. We also got Jorts. Instant dynasty stuff. PEACE.
One of their top players? How about one of their most replaceable players. Ray was fucking great here, but he slowed the offense down with all of the screen plays Doc would run for him. When those plays failed, it usually resulted in a terrible shot clock beating shot by Rondo or who ever is close to him. JET might be a dumbass, but he can dribble, shoot, and provide instant offense off the bench. Ray wasn't going to start when Avery came back anyways.
Then add Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Sullinger, and Milicic, and that's a pretty good looking team, much more versatile and athletic as well, which bodes well against Miami. If Pierce and KG can hold up to the playoffs, you won't be so confident. Obviously the opposite is true, but right now, you can't tell me that Miami improved more than Boston.
PEACE

lol, Young is the exact prototype of everything older people and purists hate in their nba basketball. a punk who wont d up and is only out to get his.

True.

He has at least looked like he is trying to play defense so far for us...

baby steps?

Plus his role is basically to get buckets off the bench. As a starter, he doesn't work. As a guy who can get hot off the bench it can work because you can pull his ass if he's cold. Washington didn't have that luxury as he had to start.

He's basically a taller Lou Williams.

I'm not saying he's a great player or even good..i just enjoy watching him play.

One of their top players? How about one of their most replaceable players. Ray was fucking great here, but he slowed the offense down with all of the screen plays Doc would run for him. When those plays failed, it usually resulted in a terrible shot clock beating shot by Rondo or who ever is close to him. JET might be a dumbass, but he can dribble, shoot, and provide instant offense off the bench. Ray wasn't going to start when Avery came back anyways.
Then add Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Sullinger, and Milicic, and that's a pretty good looking team, much more versatile and athletic as well, which bodes well against Miami. If Pierce and KG can hold up to the playoffs, you won't be so confident. Obviously the opposite is true, but right now, you can't tell me that Miami improved more than Boston.
PEACE

That's the problem. Pierce and KG won't be able to hold up imo. Yea yea i know lockout season but one of the main problems that the Czz are going to face is the durability of those two.

snack

Minny can't catch a break.

Or can they?

Transparent_Trollface2.png

Cavs tanking in preseason

Its all good though because Dion Waiters' mom said that he got his tough mentality from her.

Seriosuly though wtf is your FO doing?

Kyrie is gonna bail with the quickness if this is what they surround him with. Unless Waiters is "teh next DWade" or TT learns how to score in the post, he gone.

CJ Miles was yall biggest addition.

Of course I can say the same shit if/when Bynum's knees die. But still.

giri

I'd say the heat should be more worried about Chicagos blatant tanking of an entire season to get the #1 pick.

Put some real talent next to rose and it will be really interesting to see which of those 2 makes it out of the east.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'd say the heat should be more worried about Chicagos blatant tanking of an entire season to get the #1 pick.

Put some real talent next to rose and it will be really interesting to see which of those 2 makes it out of the east.
Bulls aren't tanking. They will make the playoffs.

Idiots.

The Tim Duncan plan?

Too bad this draft will probably suck.

Bold predictions:

1) The Spurs' D-League team, the Austin Toros, will repeat as champions

2) I won't bother to cancel my NBA League Pass subscription (and its damn autorenew)

3) The Wolves will still be a high seed in the upcoming playoffs despite Love's injury. Not because Derrick Williams will step up or some nonsense, but because there are only 3 or 4 worthwhile teams in this entire league, and any well coached team can stay afloat even with a shit roster.

4) Deron Williams will have a Kidd-esque meltdown that will bring his personal life into focus. Similarly, Dwight's career will further mirror Shaq's: first by making nicknames for his fellow players, completely oblivious to the fact that everyone hates him, and later by stealing a TV show idea from Nash, creating a tiff that'll make Jameer Nelson look downright generous. Kobe will be in the middle of it all, and somehow gets blamed for it, so he'll fix it the only way he knows how: by shooting 30-40 shots a game.

5) And of course, the Jazz will be the worst team in the league this season

The Bulls without Rose last year went 18-9. They lost depth, but if Deng stays healthy this year (since he didn't last year), they're basically as good. They have two of the ten best defenders in the NBA in Deng and Gibson, another really good defender in Noah, and solid scorers in Rip and Boozer.

dalVlatko

Seriosuly though wtf is your FO doing?

Kyrie is gonna bail with the quickness if this is what they surround him with. Unless Waiters is "teh next DWade" or TT learns how to score in the post, he gone.

CJ Miles was yall biggest addition.

Of course I can say the same shit if/when Bynum's knees die. But still.

If Waiters doesn't end up being any good then it was just a failed rebuild. Can't fuck up 2/3 high lottery picks and expect the team to be any good. It's not like any big free agent is gonna sign and our biggest trade asset (AV) is only going down in value the older he gets and more injuries he picks up.

snack

Bold predictions:

1) The Spurs' D-League team, the Austin Toros, will repeat as champions

2) I won't bother to cancel my NBA League Pass subscription (and its damn autorenew)

3) The Wolves will still be a high seed in the upcoming playoffs despite Love's injury. Not because Derrick Williams will step up or some nonsense, but because there are only 3 or 4 worthwhile teams in this entire league, and any well coached team can stay afloat even with a shit roster.

4) Deron Williams will have a Kidd-esque meltdown that will bring his personal life into focus. Similarly, Dwight's career will further mirror Shaq's: first by making nicknames for his fellow players, completely oblivious to the fact that everyone hates him, and later by stealing a TV show idea from Nash, creating a tiff that'll make Jameer Nelson look downright generous. Kobe will be in the middle of it all, and somehow gets blamed for it, so he'll fix it the only way he knows how: by shooting 30-40 shots a game.

5) And of course, the Jazz will be the worst team in the league this season
Kevin Love is out 6-8 weeks, not 6-8 months. Wolves fans don't need to be worried at all. It's the beginning of the season and all teams will be sluggish coming out the gates.

snack

“@PMac21: #TWolves open season with 9 of their first 15 games against non-playoff teams. Also get Dwight-less Magic, Rose-less Bulls in those 15.”

Don't be sweating bullets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom