• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
The Bulls without Rose last year went 18-9. They lost depth, but if Deng stays healthy this year (since he didn't last year), they're basically as good. They have two of the ten best defenders in the NBA in Deng and Gibson, another really good defender in Noah, and solid scorers in Rip and Boozer.

did you watch any regular season bulls games last year? he is not a scorer anymore, he's just a dude that rose would pass to when he was wide open. without rose penetrating he's just a mediocre offensive player now.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Kevin Love is out 6-8 weeks, not 6-8 months. Wolves fans don't need to be worried at all. It's the beginning of the season and all teams will be sluggish coming out the gates.

I don't know about at all, but, sure, he's not dead. He'll be back like the first week of December. Just have to hope Williams can give us like a month of good ball.

giri

The Bulls without Rose last year went 18-9. They lost depth, but if Deng stays healthy this year (since he didn't last year), they're basically as good. They have two of the ten best defenders in the NBA in Deng and Gibson, another really good defender in Noah, and solid scorers in Rip and Boozer.

Rip can't stay healthy.

Deng is a pansy and HORRIBLE first option on offense.

Gibson and Noah are terrible on offense with out a legitimate first option around to feed them. They can finish, but not create.

Boozer is going to get amnestied at the end of the year so they can keep Gibson. Nuff said.

They lost a lot of bench depth. Signed some really bad temporary replacement players who fill almost no actual needs of the team for when Rose is back and healthy.

With out the play off lure to hold the team focused, i don't see them doing much this year unless rose comes back and drags them into the play offs. But the start? the start is going to be rough as hell for them.

Their starting 5 will be Hinrich, Rip, Deng, Boozer, Noah.

Look to them to average under 80ppg.

Rip can't stay healthy.

Gibson and Noah are terrible on offense with out a legitimate first option around to feed them. They can finish, but not create.

Boozer is going to get amnestied at the end of the year so they can keep Gibson. Nuff said.

They lost a lot of bench depth. Signed some really bad temporary replacement players who fill almost no actual needs of the team for when Rose is back and healthy.

With out the play off lure to hold the team focused, i don't see them doing much this year unless rose comes back and drags them into the play offs. But the start? the start is going to be rough as hell for them.

With Deng as a first-option, the team went 18-9 last year and that starting lineup, minus CJ Watson (who is probably worse than Hinrich), went 18-9. Asik is a really good player that they lost, but they can make up for his loss by playing Gibson more minutes. The other guys they lost don't matter much.

Shit, that team was playing as hard as possible in a meaningless preseason game against the Grizz, I think they're going to get up for the regular season. The only great defensive team (top 5 in NBA) to miss the playoffs recently was the Bucks who had one of the worst offenses of all time and they still won 35 games.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rip can't stay healthy.

And they will still make the playoffs in the east.

did you watch any regular season bulls games last year? he is not a scorer anymore, he's just a dude that rose would pass to when he was wide open. without rose penetrating he's just a mediocre offensive player now.

6920197987_b7d8d96581_o.gif

giri

With Deng as a first-option, the team went 18-9 last year and that starting lineup, minus CJ Watson (who is probably worse than Hinrich), went 18-9. Asik is a great player that they lost, but they can make up for his loss by playing Gibson more minutes. The other guys they lost don't matter much.

Deng played ok, but we've seen him as the first option for a full season before. And it wasn't pretty. But it's more that he also doesn't do enough for the players around him.

Watson is an exact swap for Hinrich at worst. I think Hinrich has really dropped off in the last year. But we'll see.

Asik is much better than current Nazr.

I don't mind Bellinelli, but after that (cause rip is going to get injured) they have Nate Robinson.

And yes, i know their record when Rose went out. I also know it was extremely ugly. And their first round capitulation to philli last year was really telling. During that 18-9 period, you also had korver with a 20pt game. Rip with 3. Noah with 1. And thats after only looking at about 7 box scores. I'm not convinced.

In the east, they may scrape by. But thats a best case scenario. They were also playing FOR something then. They aren't now.

Deng played ok, but we've seen him as the first option for a full season before. And it wasn't pretty. But it's more that he also doesn't do enough for the players around him.

Watson is an exact swap for Hinrich at worst. I think Hinrich has really dropped off in the last year. But we'll see.

I don't mind Bellinelli, but after that (cause rip is going to get injured) they have Nate Robinson.

And yes, i know their record when Rose went out. I also know it was extremely ugly. And their first round capitulation to philli last year was really telling. During that 18-9 period, you also had korver with a 20pt game. Rip with 3. Noah with 1. And thats after only looking at about 7 box scores. I'm not convinced.

In the east, they may scrape by. But thats a best case scenario. They were also playing FOR something then. They aren't now.

They barely lost in the playoffs with Rose out, Noah out, and Deng playing through a major injury. I'm not sure how telling that is considering that Noah and Deng are healthy now. Asik is a lot better than Nazr, but Gibson is going to be the guy getting the leftover minutes from Asik, not Nazr.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

If only they could trade for Ben Gordon.

pilonv1

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

There are gonna be times this season when Nick Young has Sixers fans throwing things at the TV.

Can't wait for the first week of the season.

Wish we had a fantasty comp, hey Adam?

Yup. Dude is playing some good D right now.

I really like the Brand pickup. I think this is the first time in a long time Dirk had a legit backup.

Man seriously, he is killing it right now.
I'm kinda worried bout Mayo's defense though, seems like he gets juked easy

etiolate

Banned
I remember the days you were gushing about ***** ****

Evans is super talented he just has been fucked around by coaches and hasn't put it together himself..

He doesn't have a position and I mean that in the bad way.

This pre-season, his shot does look better, so he might be able to become a shooting guard, but he's also looked like he's not a superstar. He's been sort of a do a bit of everything guy, but when he's tried to dominate, it's been the same 1 on 1 force shots in traffic stuff that the rest of the NBA figured out years ago. He might be like a slightly different Kendall Gill eventually.

Also, hands off the Kings. THEY OURS. Take the Grizz back or something.

Pimpwerx

Sixers look good so far. I can't wait to see them when Bynum returns. Nick Young $wag is looking more comfortable there than with the Wiz or Clips. PEACE.

Tell that to the Craptors, yo.

Someone remind me again, why doesn't Vancouver have a franchise no more while Toronto gets to keep their shitty team?

because Steve Francis refused to play for them, so they spent a quarter of their cap space on Brian Reeves and drove fan interest into the gutter. drafting rafael arujo wasnt as dumb as that move from Vancouver's FO.

JoeFu

Banned
Man seriously, he is killing it right now.
I'm kinda worried bout Mayo's defense though, seems like he gets juked easy

Yeah, hope he works on it. Carlisle harped on it after last game. He's got some fancy passes in him though. And Crowder is totally going to be in the rotation this season.

giri

They barely lost in the playoffs with Rose out, Noah out, and Deng playing through a major injury. I'm not sure how telling that is considering that Noah and Deng are healthy now. Asik is a lot better than Nazr, but Gibson is going to be the guy getting the leftover minutes from Asik, not Nazr.

It was telling in that, that really bad 76'ers squad managed to beat them. If you play D against chicago you win. Just look at the teams they regularly lost to.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Are there any details about League Pass on the 360? Google only brings up news articles from when it was announced back in June.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
because Steve Francis refused to play for them, so they spent a quarter of their cap space on Brian Reeves and drove fan interest into the gutter. drafting rafael arujo wasnt as dumb as that move from Vancouver's FO.

YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW

pilonv1

smh this epic Kings/Warriors game isn't televised

#GSWStats ‏@gswstats

Klay Thompson 3-pointer to start the game. He has now made 12-of-22 three-point attempts during the preseason.

so good

Blackace

The Blazers went from a bright future to shit real quick

giri

The Blazers went from a bright future to shit real quick

And they don't have a single player on the roster i wouldn't trade.

I'd ship LMA for the right package.

But i think they know that.

Reilo incoming to say i'm horribly wrong and all their rookie and role players wouldn't be traded for less than 4firsts AND durant

Canuck76

Banned

Reilo incoming to say i'm horribly wrong and all their rookie and role players wouldn't be traded for less than 4firsts AND durant

It's in transition......

Craps a strong word.........

Lillard....might be something to hang on to.......

giri

It's in transition......

Craps a strong word.........

Lillard....might be something to hang on to.......

LMA, Batum and Matthews are the only 3 proven NBA Talents on the roster.

And they're entirely movable. None of them are so outrageously good, i wouldn't trade them.

Though obviously, you'd genuinely expect a very good return for trading LMA. (LMA & Matthews for Harden and Ibaka!)

pilonv1

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe

Draymond hits a 3-pointer his first time touching the ball this preseason ... the bench went bananas

Rest of the league is not ready for Draymond

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe

Jeremy Tyler, getting early minutes, muscles in a layup over rookie Thomas Robinson

suck it down etiolate

Blackace

LMA is the only "untouchable" player on the roster... and only for the fans really..

Canuck76

Banned
LMA is the only "untouchable" player on the roster... and only for the fans really..

Yeah i wouldn't trade Lillard he looks to be decent. If we were offered something great then yes.

But yeah LMA's untouchable for the next 3 years (or however long the contract is). He's talked about wanting to be a leader and wants to have his own team and stuff like that so you keep him for that, he's been "the guy" here post-roy era.

Dang Barton.

giri

Yeah i wouldn't trade Lillard he looks to be decent. If we were offered something great then yes.

But yeah LMA's untouchable for the next 3 years (or however long the contract is). He's talked about wanting to be a leader and wants to have his own team and stuff like that so you keep him for that, he's been "the guy" here post-roy era.

Dang Barton.

Yeah, exactly, only un-tradable to the blazer fans.

He's just not on a durant/lbj level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom