• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun Facts:

3 of the top 5 PGs in the league had equal or higher TOs PG than Lin, 4 if you count westbrook. 15pts on 46% is nothing to really spit at either. Especially on what is essentially a rookie.

Again Lin isn't great but a team could be alot worse off than starting him, you know like the Knicks are.

Yea but at least most of those other PG's are good at other aspects of the game. I don't see a problem with felton, but Pablo and kidd will help out enough easily.

giri

Fun Facts:

3 of the top 5 PGs in the league had equal or higher TOs PG than Lin, 4 if you count westbrook. 15pts on 46% is nothing to really spit at either. Especially on what is essentially a rookie.

Again Lin isn't great but a team could be alot worse off than starting him, you know like the Knicks are.

Knicks are probably smart in not taking that contract at this point but please don't act like you are better with what you've picked up.

Lin isn't going to set the world on fire at pg, but he's solid enough if his "knee thing" aka, fitness, ever gets back to normal. But he's solid enough, and seems able to run an offense. He's probably not what is holding back any team.

Also, i might gather up all these predictions before the start of the season, and put them in a google docs spreadsheet that i'll make read only. So we can reflect and laugh.

In that case

East:
1.Miami
2.Celtics
3.Hawks
4.Nets
5.Pacers
6.Knicks
7.Bulls
8.Philly/Bucks

West:
1.OKC
2.Spurs
3.Lakers
4.Nuggets
5.Grizz
6.Clips
7.Jazz
8.Mavs/GSW/Hornets

giri

the Nets look like shit defensively. I mean, Indiana and New York will look ugly offensively, but their D will keep them hanging around on bad shooting nights. when the Nets cant get into an offensive rhythm, they'll have nothing on the other end to even keep the games close.

Defensive rotations are easier to get better at during the year, than offensive skill.

The nets will have been mainly working on O in training camp, trying to bring together that many new players into a new offense. So i'm not so overly worried. But during the regular season Offense lets you tally up wins. During the post season, it's defense.

giri

In that case

East:
1.Miami
2.Celtics
3.Hawks
4.Nets
5.Pacers
6.Knicks
7.Bulls
8.Philly/Bucks

West:
1.OKC
2.Spurs
3.Lakers
4.Nuggets
5.Grizz
6.Clips
7.Jazz
8.Mavs/GSW/Hornets

No each way betting Morris. Make a decision! i'll only be taking the first team you put in, in those places. So philly and mavs.

How are you so sure?

starters are playing more minutes, and ending the game. even if dwight doesn't play, and there's indications that he might, i think thats enough for a win against sacramento. also, mike brown said in a previous interview he'll push to win the last 3 pre season games.

Defensive rotations are easier to get better at during the year, than offensive skill.

The nets will have been mainly working on O in training camp, trying to bring together that many new players into a new offense. So i'm not so overly worried. But during the regular season Offense lets you tally up wins. During the post season, it's defense.

I don't know, most teams that finish in the bottom 10 defensively miss the playoffs and all of their players have had a lot of opportunities to start defending but lack the speed and BBIQ to do it. I don't think Humphries, Lopez, Blatche can be anything more than awful on defense and an awful defensive frontcourt kills your team unless you have a superstar wing defender (which Wallace isn't anymore).

starters are playing more minutes, and ending the game. even if dwight doesn't play, and there's indications that he might, i think thats enough for a win against sacramento. also, mike brown said in a previous interview he'll push to win the last 3 pre season games.

First cuts were made earlier this week, so 24 Hour Fitness pick-up tier guys are getting less minutes.

giri

I don't know, most teams that finish in the bottom 10 defensively miss the playoffs and all of their players have had a lot of opportunities to start defending but lack the speed and BBIQ to do it. I don't think Humphries, Lopez, Blatche can be anything more than awful on defense and an awful defensive frontcourt kills your team unless you have a superstar wing defender (which Wallace isn't anymore).

Oh, i don't think they'll make a run in the post season, but i can see them getting a ton of regular season wins just on their O.

And they don't have to be great on D, just serviceable. And they have enough height there to be that, if they at least rebound hard.

Oh, i don't think they'll make a run in the post season, but i can see them getting a ton of regular season wins just on their O.

And they don't have to be great on D, just serviceable. And they have enough height there to be that, if they at least rebound hard.

I don't know, Humphries and Lopez and Blatche have never played big minutes on teams that were close to serviceable on defense and that's their frontcourt now. Joe also seems too big and slow to be playing SG anymore. In the last five years, only three teams have been bottom 10 in defense and made the playoffs.

What does Wallace do well anymore?

Most of his skill came from his athleticism and he is clearly losing that.

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Indiana
4.Knicks
5.Nets
6.Philly
7.Chicago
8.Atlanta

1.Spurs
2.OKC
3.Lakers
4.Nuggets
5.Memphis
6.Clippers
7.Mavs
8.Wolves

edit: I dont like Steph Curry's ankle. but that battle for 8th spot is gunna be close, with Utah and GSW..Im prepared to be wrong about it.

giri

I don't know, Humphries and Lopez and Blatche have never played big minutes on teams that were close to serviceable on defense and that's their frontcourt now. Joe also seems too big and slow to be playing SG anymore. In the last five years, only three teams have been bottom 10 in defense and made the playoffs.

Without going to look it up, I'm going to assume they were suns or warriors teams, that made up the difference on O?

I don't think the nets will get 60 wins, but i can see them getting 50.

I can also see them getting 25.

I just don't think the east is that strong or deep at all.

The case for philly even making the play offs is a healthy bynum. For them making the top 4 is a healthy bynum putting up 30 & 15 for the season.

The same can be said of the knicks, they need melo to average 25-10-5 while shooting over 50% for the season.

lots of big if's, out east.

h3ro

Xbzyr.jpg

Suit up Mase.

#thisisthe90s #knickstape #lolknicks

Book marking this statement for future reference.
Middling team that's constructed to be middling. Nothing wrong with that.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
man idk but the knicks got to have a plan. I just looked at the 2015 free agency and its not even worth waiting for when Kevin "I should wear Hulk Fist Gloves all the time" Love is the best prospect

Canuck76

Banned
The fuck is you?

Explain to me how Knicks compete without Melo scoring like a mad man if/when Amare is out.

Explain how Kidd, Kurt and Camby aren't running on the memory of the ghost of fumes.

Explain how Amare being out with another knee issue and people being indifferent to it, doesn't show how little value Amare has at this point.

Check back a couple of pages.

I said almost the exact same thing and haters were coming out of the woodwork against me

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
also its 3 weeks come on. Also maybe this is the excuse finally needed to make Amare come off the bench as a 6 man scorer.

Canuck76

Banned
man idk but the knicks got to have a plan. I just looked at the 2015 free agency and its not even worth waiting for when Kevin "I should wear Hulk Fist Gloves all the time" Love is the best prospect

Oh ho ho my God.

None of us want the knicks fanbase to be like this. This crazed sort of unshakeable faith in them. When 1 playoff game is won in the last decade. There is no plan. There hasn't been a plan in a long time. The one roster that may have grown into something was shipped to Denver. You traded success for commercial appeal. You might sell some Melo jerseys.

But geez man. He really can't carry all these 40 year old vets on his back.

And I don't wish this fate on anybody. I'm a voice crying out in the wilderness.

Tear it down. It has to be done. You can't win a chip with this group, much less get to a ECF.

Please. Knick fans have already enough to deal with.

Oh ho ho my God.

None of us want the knicks fanbase to be like this. This crazed sort of unshakeable faith in them. When 1 playoff game is won in the last decade. There is no plan. There hasn't been a plan in a long time. The one roster that may have grown into something was shipped to Denver. You traded success for commercial appeal. You might sell some Melo jerseys.

But geez man. He really can't carry all these 40 year old vets on his back.

And I don't wish this fate on anybody. I'm a voice crying out in the wilderness.

Tear it down. It has to be done. You can't win a chip with this group, much less get to a ECF.

Please. Knick fans have already enough to deal with.

KD will come to knicks along with Love.[when melo retires]

watching the knicks vs heat series last year was so weird. I'm new to basketball but watching it and hearing people talk about the knicks it seemed like all their players had a bunch of hype behind them. Like whenever J.R smith or shumpert scored it was like they thought the game was over, knicks won. but they kept losing.
As is said, I don't know much about the knicks, or basketball in general, maybe they're best players were out?

giri

KD will come to knicks along with Love.[when melo retires]

so you want two primary jump shooters who operate on the perimeter?

even in fantasy you should come up with a better team, man.

Love/Dwight. Harden/Love/Dwight.

Dream big if you franchise is going to fail big anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom