• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the knicks vs heat series last year was so weird. I'm new to basketball but watching it and hearing people talk about the knicks it seemed like all their players had a bunch of hype behind them. Like whenever J.R smith or shumpert scored it was like they thought the game was over, knicks won. but they kept losing.
As is said, I don't know much about the knicks, or basketball in general, maybe they're best players were out?

Yea Lin was hurt.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Oh ho ho my God.

None of us want the knicks fanbase to be like this. This crazed sort of unshakeable faith in them. When 1 playoff game is won in the last decade. There is no plan. There hasn't been a plan in a long time. The one roster that may have grown into something was shipped to Denver. You traded success for commercial appeal. You might sell some Melo jerseys.

But geez man. He really can't carry all these 40 year old vets on his back.

And I don't wish this fate on anybody. I'm a voice crying out in the wilderness.

Tear it down. It has to be done. You can't win a chip with this group, much less get to a ECF.

Please. Knick fans have already enough to deal with.

I don't agree with you on this part here. I try to judge GM's individually and there have been signs that the knicks are thinking these days. Not signing Lin to that crazy deal was a sign of that. I thought it was stupid when it happened but they were actually right.

Also the denver trade is a mute point in my mind going forward. compare the players who went from the nuggets to the knicks and vice versa on their rosters now and its pretty equivalent. yeah they didn't get them from the trade but the knicks did get JR and Felton to even out eventually.

Also they don't need to tear it down they need to do the opposite of something drastic and just let Amare in 2015 expire unless they move him to clear salary for an earlier FA. Tearing it down is the type of thinking that leads to a Ewing trade level of fuck up.

h3ro

And Shump, Amare got sonned by a fire extinguisher, Baron Davis' knee ran out of fucks mid game..

They were very thin, but they were mediocre with everyone healthy so it didn't really matter.

Shump going down blew. Seeing him go down like he did was horrible.

Baron's injury was like the perfect storm of knee implosions. Horrendous.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also the denver trade is a mute point in my mind going forward. compare the players who went from the nuggets to the knicks and vice versa on their rosters now and its pretty equivalent. yeah they didn't get them from the trade but the knicks did get JR and Felton to even out eventually.

The Nuggets are a better team at this point nothing even about it

Also what is a mute point?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Nuggets are a better team at this point nothing even about it

Also what is a mute point?

not arguing about who is better cause I like the nuggets roster too, knicks should of traded for iggy themselves since it looks like the sixers were that desperate...

Anyhow the mute point is when people always bring up the fact the knicks got raped in that Melo deal for why they might struggle this year. it took them a while but they got the loss level of talent back on the roster. Also ironically enough its talent they could of traded for with Denver in that trade (or just kept).

Blackace

not arguing about who is better cause I like the nuggets roster too, knicks should of traded for iggy themselves since it looks like the sixers were that desperate...

Anyhow the mute point is when people always bring up the fact the knicks got raped in that Melo deal for why they might struggle this year. it took them a while but they got the loss level of talent back on the roster. Also ironically enough its talent they could of traded for with Denver in that trade (or just kept).

Mutes can't talk

It's moot

I feel so bad for Magic fans. most of the garbage teams have a player or two with potential, a guy you wanna see develop. Cavs got Kyrie. Suns got Dragic. Kings got DMC and a couple other guys. Raps got Lowry and Valanciunus. with orlando, who's there to even talk about?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I feel so bad for Magic fans. most of the garbage teams have a player or two with potential, a guy you wanna see develop. Cavs got Kyrie. Suns got Dragic. Kings got DMC and a couple other guys. Raps got Lowry and Valanciunus. with orlando, who's there to even talk about?

Moe Harkless, obviously.

How can you be so Harkless?

And Shump, Amare got sonned by a fire extinguisher, Baron Davis' knee ran out of fucks mid game..

They were very thin, but they were mediocre with everyone healthy so it didn't really matter.

weren't you the one saying they were short handed when miami fans were happy? implying that knicks are a decent team healthy.

Blackace

They have had Shaq and D12 with a sprinkle of prime Tmac for most of the existence of the franchise

No don't feel sorry for them

They will have a high pick next season

Harkless and Nicholson

myself and other Magic fans aren't that upset since we'll be competing for a top 3 draft pick the next two seasons

also I think Suns fans aren't that excited about Dragic

giri

Harkless and Nicholson

myself and other Magic fans aren't that upset since we'll be competing for a top 3 draft pick the next two seasons

also I think Suns fans aren't that excited about Dragic

Suns fans are excited about Goran. I expect him to be an 18 & 8 guy this year. Or, so i hope. I think he can be. He just now has to go out and do it.

I find it more funny that the raps are excited about lowry.

You just have to believe!

He has to do so much just to get a shot off.

It's like he's play old NBA Live and is just going ham on the right stick just to get an open shot/layup...that he will miss or get blocked.

Doug is waiting to pull his ass too....and he's not helping his cause.

Has he decided to play some defense and take the ball to the rim yet? Just fell in love with threes and pump fakes last year. 2011 Wright was awesome for the W's.

Driving to the rim waaaay more than I expected him to. His handle is also better than expected..

Still pump fakes all de time tho..it's not annoying yet because he at least drives afterwards.

I do think he looks better than he really is because Turner is sucking so hard tho.

Omega

Banned
Some 35 year old euro pg who has averaged 6 points and 4 assists in 25 mins

rubio averaged like 2 points and 3 assists in Europe.

turns out he's actually pretty decent

Lakers need to win a game. Maybe when they do Moris will do something else besides talk about the Knicks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom