• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a relevant injury, or is it only a problem because of the location?

Anyway, this sucks because this time in training camp and preseason is the time that Melo and Stat could finally develop some cohesion and chemistry...now, nothing. :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Anyway, this sucks because this time in training camp and preseason is the time that Melo and Stat could finally develop some cohesion and chemistry...now, nothing. :(

It's another injury to his knee, so...

I know this a popular theory as to why the two of those guys haven't jelled very well, but isn't it time to let that go. They've played a ton of games with each other already.

Omega

Banned
I know this a popular theory as to why the two of those guys haven't jelled very well, but isn't it time to let that go. They've played a ton of games with each other already.

most Knick fans want to believe they can co-exist so the Knicks can be relevant for the first time in almost 20 years so they'll make excuses as to why they can't play together.

Random prediction time for the season:

East:

1. Heat
2. Hawks
3. Bulls
4. Celtics
5. Pacers
6. Knicks
7. Bucks
8. Nets

Hawks will shock the world by being as good as last year (which will be good enough for a #2 seed this year) after replacing some very good to average players with very good to average players.

West:

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Grizzlies
4. Nuggets
5. Jazz
6. Thunder
7. Clippers
8. Warriors

Jazz win a playoff game as well, fuck yeah. Would have picked the Wolves over the Clippers, but they've really sucked in games that Love has missed.

WCF: Lakers over Spurs in 6
ECF: Heat over Bulls in 6
Finals: Lakers over Heat in 5

MVP: LeBron
DPotY: Bogut gets robbed by Dwight
ROY: Davis
MIP: Asik

How is 7th or 8th possible? Check out the roster:

Melo
Tyson
Kurt
Shumpert
Felton

Novak
Camby
Copeland
Brewer
Pablo
Kidd
J.R

If Melo gets hurt they're done. Kidd kurt and camby could very well be dead in a month. JR can make or break a game, Amare is hurt and people aren't even sure if that's a bad thing...A lot has to go just right for NY to get a top 4 seed.

If Melo gets hurt they're done. Kidd kurt and camby could very well be dead in a month. JR can make or break a game, Amare is hurt and people aren't even sure if that's a bad thing...A lot has to go just right for NY to get a top 4 seed.

And if Tyson Chandler (you know, the 7-1 center with feet so bad he didn't clear a physical for the Thunder) gets injured, they're in contention to be giving away a top 7 or 8 pick to the Nuggets.

Canuck76

Banned

Who is this guy?

Spitting this venom?

Hahaha, wow what a weird and minority opinion that no one else agrees with.

Who is this guy?

Spitting this venom?

The fuck is you?

Explain to me how Knicks compete without Melo scoring like a mad man if/when Amare is out.

Explain how Kidd, Kurt and Camby aren't running on the memory of the ghost of fumes.

Explain how Amare being out with another knee issue and people being indifferent to it, doesn't show how little value Amare has at this point.

East:

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Philly(if Bynum ever gets healthy, else 7)
4. Brooklyn
5. New York
6. Chicago
7. Atlanta
8. Indiana

West:

1. OKC
2. LAL
3. San Antonio
4. Clippers
5. Denver
6. Memphis
7. Utah
8. Golden State

ECF: Miami over Boston 4-2 I thought Miami would beat Boston in 5 if everybody was healthy last year and they got deeper so 6 this year.
WCF: OKC over Lakers 4-3 Home team wins every game.

Finals: Miami over OKC 4-2

MVP: Lebron
DOTY: Dwight
ROY: Davis
MIP: John Wall

Who is this guy?

Spitting this venom?

Everything he says is correct. Like what the fuck do you think the Knicks are gonna do with Melo? Lin, AKA the reason you made the playoffs last year got paid somewhere else. JR is still streaky as he has been his whole career. Stat is breaking down.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What has Melo actually done for the Knicks? Other than tease their fanbase? They would've been better off tanking for Marcus Jordan.

Everything he says is correct. Like what the fuck do you think the Knicks are gonna do with Melo? Lin, AKA the reason you made the playoffs last year got paid somewhere else. JR is still streaky as he has been his whole career. Stat is breaking down.

you think nets will be over knicks? no defense at all wont be ahead of knicks. also lin got exposed as being trash. They got better with melo,.the thing is he was hurt most of last season. they got that one win in the playoffs because of him.

DY_nasty

i can only see celtics take the 2 spot. knicks will be 3rd looking at their roster and how they played the under woodson last season.
new coach smell + linsanity was what got you guys into the playoffs
you think nets will be over knicks? no defense at all wont be ahead of knicks. also lin got exposed as being trash. They got better with melo,.the thing is he was hurt most of last season. they got that one win in the playoffs because of him.

knicks age turns on their own faster than lakers age

yo damn

I could see Lakers finishing 3rd or even 4th to be honest (depending on how other teams step up). Something about this season is reminding me a lot of '00-01 and '03-04 when, due to injuries and figuring shit out, the team didn't look great during the season, went through tough stretches, and then turned it on in the playoffs.

h3ro

It's a relevant injury because it indicates he still has a knee that isn't healing well.

The back (posterior) part of the knee joint is the "weakest" side of the knee as all it has covering that part of the joint is muscle tissue. Whenever there is an injury or lingering injury in the knee, there is inflammation and accumulation of fluid. The fluid gathers forms cysts in the back of the knee (since it has no where else to go) that will always come back as long as there is existing knee injury. We often drain these cysts but they usually come back after a few months, so we only drain them if they're causing pain or limiting motion.

If anyone wants to read more about this stuff, look up Bakers cysts.

Wonder if these means Carmelo gets more burn at the 4.

new coach smell + linsanity was what got you guys into the playoffs

knicks age turns on their own faster than lakers age

yo damn

The reason Knicks were losing prior to Lin was because melo was playing injured[multiple injuries]. Also i have been saying lin is not that good even before we knew he was leaving. The defense was on another level once woodson took over. And no camby can back up tyson,brewer will add even more defense as well.

When? That one game where the Heat made it a commitment to shut him down? He isnt great but don't give me that bs. Assuming Kidd comes off the bench, trash is what you will start this year at pg.

When? That one game where the Heat made it a commitment to shut him down? He isnt great but don't give me that bs. Assuming Kidd comes off the bench, trash is what you will start this year at pg.

I don't just mean the heat game. He turns the ball over too many times and he was scared to play in the playoffs when he was healthy enough to play. Not to mention he has been playing bad in Houston so far. Felton is looking pretty good so far. Also Pablo is even better than kidd and felton.

DY_nasty

The reason Knicks were losing prior to Lin was because melo was playing injured[multiple injuries]. Also i have been saying lin is not that good even before we knew he was leaving. The defense was on another level once woodson took over. And no camby can back up tyson,brewer will add even more defense as well.

The defense never changed. Pringles was just too stubborn to address it, Amare was too healthy, and losing saps all energy out of a defense. How many bottom feeding teams play good defense? NYK got incredibly lucky too. If the Giants weren't headed to the superbowl and taking all the attention away from the Knicks, people would've burned MSG to the ground after crucifying Melo.

And I remember plenty of Knicks fans here bitching about Melo trying to play hurt when all he did was hurt the team (more than usual).
I don't just mean the heat game. He turns the ball over too many times and he was scared to play in the playoffs when he was healthy enough to play. Not to mention he has been playing bad in Houston so far. Felton is looking pretty good so far. Also Pablo is even better than kidd and felton.

How could he be healthy enough to play then when he's not even 100% healthy now? Jump back into an 0-3 series? #comeonman

West
1. San Antonio
2. OKC
3. LAL
Everyone else: Take your pick of who you will lose to. East:

East
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Philly
4. Brooklyn
5-8: No one cares

WCF
Lakers over Spurs 4-1 - They just get flattened, no answer for the 4 headed monster.

ECF
Miami over Boston 4-3 - Boston gives them a run for their money again, falls in 7.

Finals
Lakers over Miami 4-1 - Heat have no answer for Dwight, Kobe has a throwback series to clinch #17.

MVP: Not sure.
DOTY: D12
ROY: AD

Should be a fun season.

I could see Lakers finishing 3rd or even 4th to be honest (depending on how other teams step up). Something about this season is reminding me a lot of '00-01 and '03-04 when, due to injuries and figuring shit out, the team didn't look great during the season, went through tough stretches, and then turned it on in the playoffs.

I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd, and then the playoffs have potential to turn into a 16-2 run.

lol @ the Knicks getting a bottom seed, yall are blinded by the Carmelo hate.

you can do pretty alright in the leastern conference with good team defence, a volume scorer and some spot up shooters.

DY_nasty

you can do pretty alright in the leastern conference with good team defence, a volume scorer and some spot up shooters.

I honestly don't see any team in the East other than Miami winning more than 52 games. Maybe if Rose comes back healthy, but...The entire conference is trash.

Worst case scenario they could easily get 8th, if i had to put them somewhere reasonable....5th seems like where they'd end up behind Atlanta, Miami, Boston and The New York Nets.

Fun Facts:

3 of the top 5 PGs in the league had equal or higher TOs PG than Lin, 4 if you count westbrook. 15pts on 46% is nothing to really spit at either. Especially on what is essentially a rookie.

Again Lin isn't great but a team could be alot worse off than starting him, you know like the Knicks are.

Knicks are probably smart in not taking that contract at this point but please don't act like you are better with what you've picked up.

giri

East
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Pacers
4. Celtics
5. Bulls
6. Knicks
7. Philly
8. Hawks, i guess.

West
1. OKC
2. Spurs
3. LAL
4. Grizz
5. Wolves
6. Mavs
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets

Out side of first in the east, it's really a list of irrelevancy anyway, if the heat are healthy they're beating all of those teams.

West, you could add GSW instead of the Mavs, but curry hurting his ankle already just makes me doubt they'll be healthy enough to ever make a run.

Also, i might gather up all these predictions before the start of the season, and put them in a google docs spreadsheet that i'll make read only. So we can reflect and laugh.

the Nets look like shit defensively. I mean, Indiana and New York will look ugly offensively, but their D will keep them hanging around on bad shooting nights. when the Nets cant get into an offensive rhythm, they'll have nothing on the other end to even keep the games close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom