• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8536640/jeff-van-gundy-implies-nba-blocked-hiring-stan-van-gundy
Jeff Van Gundy, the lead game analyst for ESPN's and ABC's coverage of the NBA, implies that his brother Stan's deal to join the network did not work out because the league blocked the move.

In an interview with USA Today Sports, Jeff Van Gundy said that his brother, who was fired in May after five seasons as coach of the Orlando Magic, "had a basic agreement" with ESPN "and then something changed."

"There's certainly circumstantial evidence that something from the outside -- presumably the NBA -- changed (ESPN's) thinking," Jeff Van Gundy told USA Today. "As a broadcaster of the NBA, it gives you pause. How forthcoming can you be? You don't want your honesty to cost you a chance at employment."

An ESPN spokesperson told USA Today that the network "had discussions with Stan, and we were interested in a role for him at ESPN. Ultimately, we moved in a different direction."

God damn it Jeff don't get "fired"!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Blake almost ended this guy's career and the Clippers get a free tech free throw

god damn

jobber

I see Adam Morrison is still on the Blazers roster. Will he make the cut?

Portland has 5 white guys on the floor now and Utah has 5 black guys on the floor

parody in the NBA?

oh wait Kanter isn't black. nevermind!

jobber

Double team on Lillard?

Is it all off the ball cuts or has he actually worked the post or scored off an iso situation once?

I haven't seen Batum post up anyone this preseason. I didn't even know he had a post game. He's always camped on the perimeter or cutting to the basket.

jobber

That was the first time I've seen a quarter end and they go right into the next quarter with no break.

Golden State didn't even bother to broadcast this game on radio or tv.

dat lack of faith

Jeff-DSA

That was the first time I've seen a quarter end and they go right into the next quarter with no break.

Golden State didn't even bother to broadcast this game on radio or tv.

dat lack of faith

It's like PR holding back review copies until release day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom