• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Great Skolnick article on Spo's positionless movement:

Filipino Jackson is one of the top coaches in the league. The dude thinks outside of the box, and is probably doing a better job than anyone in the league of exploiting his roster's full sets of skills. Everyone gets to do a little of everything in his system. PEACE.

No, we have to have 5 distinct and different positions for every team.
Center
Power Forward
Small Forward
Shooting Guard
Point Guard

If we don't then we can't rank and compare them statistically.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Spo has gone from taking his tail between his legs eating the BS that his team leaves for him. No, it isn't a "positionless offense". Its the name youve given to LBJ, Wade, and Rio tuning you out.

I'll try to remind everyone on Fridays about the pool pick'em, but anyone can remind us all on Friday morning.

Also, Reilo should put this in the new thread title when it's time.

Also, I'll post it on new pages for today and maybe tomorrow.

It would help if people put a name we could all know. Like, who is "fuckdwighthoward."

edit: obviously darkside, lol

KingGondo

Banned
Spo has gone from taking his tail between his legs eating the BS that his team leaves for him. No, it isn't a "positionless offense". Its the name youve given to LBJ, Wade, and Rio tuning you out.
The only reason this has any traction whatsoever is because Brooks did such a terrible job of matching up against Miami's unconventional starting lineup in the Finals.

If Scotty hasn't insisted on starting Ibaka and Perkins against that small lineup we'd still be wondering if Bron was ever gonna get a ring (and if Riley was gonna come down from the front office to take Spo's place).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm beside myself.

I cannot believe that people would give these disgusting rumors anything more than a passing glance.

Dwight shit on you guys with regularity.

And the Drew/Pau shit was almost always pretty bad because of how stiff Drew is. Pau and Drew are fucking terrible in PNR coverage, and most teams have a stretch 4 so the size was kind of a myth.

Drew was really only a factor in the second chip, and Pau was easily the best big on the floor for the finals that year.

If you watched last nights game, it's clear the size is fluid and legitimate now, as opposed to just taking up space before.

Last years stats:

Dwights splits vs Miami:

19.8 PPG, 18.8 RPG, 1.8 SPG, 2.3 Personal Fouls Per Game, .56% FG shooting, 12 FTA Per

Bynum splits vs Miami:

15.5 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 3 BPG, .50%FG shooting, 4 FTA Per

And that's discounting the fact that Bynum is an awful help defender which is crucial against Miamis slashers and Dwight is the best in the game at it.

Not saying the Heat aren't the favorites, but the stats say that there is a world of a difference.

There is a world of difference between howard and bynum. Definitely.

Still though howard's defense hasn't really affected our core three to any note-worthy degree, if at all, and it gets hard as hell to help when you have the shooters we do. He can't leave bosh to help on a Lebron drive for example, so on and so forth. The last thing you want to do give Lebron James and Dwayne wade are lanes and I don't see how you have much choice this year. I see us busting zones in the head.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'll try to remind everyone on Fridays about the pool pick'em, but anyone can remind us all on Friday morning.

Also, Reilo should put this in the new thread title when it's time.

Also, I'll post it on new pages for today and maybe tomorrow.

It would help if people put a name we could all know. Like, who is "fuckdwighthoward."

Sorry I thought it was obvious :(

Mothman91

DY when is the baby shower

$(KGrHqQOKo0E3EdR(NsTBN0pSCwSgQ~~_35.JPG

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lakers waived CDR.

Damn, was hoping he might make it. too price compared to DJO I imagine.

Same, CDR would have been nice as insurance and a possible scoring punch if Meeks or Ebanks have an off night. Though he wouldn't have gotten any significant playing time otherwise.

There is a world of difference between howard and bynum. Definitely.

Still though howard's defense hasn't really affected our core three to any note-worthy degree, if at all, and it gets hard as hell to help when you have the shooters we do. He can't leave bosh to help on a Lebron drive for example, so on and so forth. The last thing you want to do give Lebron James and Dwayne wade are lanes and I don't see how you have much choice this year. I see us busting zones in the head.

It's impossible to say what the scenario is going to be for sure but Dwight unlike Bynum can actually half commit to trying to affect a shot but still have the foot speed to at least close out on Bosh.

But it's true that the Heat have the shooters. Looking forward to watching the matchup.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i keep trying to log in my nba information and it keeps kicking me out to the start page. I WANNA WATCH GAMES FROM 3 DAYS AGO DAMN IT

jobber

I've given up. Hopefully this is just for the preseason.

all the non-NBATV games say league pass on them.

If they work tonight, I'd watch a preseason game over a debate, baseball, football, and maybe WWE Raw.

League Pass on tv is only showing 2 games out of the 4 non-NBATV games >_>

jobber

You can play 2 videos at once

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On a full night I'd have to open LPBB on my laptop for 4 games, 2 on xbl, and 1 on my tablet
STUPID

giri

You can play 2 videos at once

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On a full night I'd have to open LPBB on my laptop for 4 games, 2 on xbl, and 1 on my tablet
STUPID

Or admit that you legitimately can't watching 8 games at once and just watch, at most, 2.

jobber

Or admit that you legitimately can't watching 8 games at once and just watch, at most, 2.

Last season I had the game preview channel on my tv which showed 4 games on the screen in tiny boxes and 4 streams up on LPBB. I'd watch any game that was close and keeping an eye on my fantasy players.

How do you get to the player?

select a video full screen then hit x. Pull up the mini guide and you can select what to play on the other screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom