• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

If Chris doesn't join tonight, you get the last fantasy spot since you were the first to respond, Jeff.

Draft is on Sunday.

Thanks, man, but if someone was a bit more enthusiastic about it, I'm fine letting them leapfrog. I just didn't want you guys to be short.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just wait until Ray Ray is playing under Spoelstra and his "let Wade and James do what the fuck ever" offense.

Flash

lol why would friction have started between ray and rondo when they were both included in the proposed amare trade package?

h3ro

I wish that Jesus/Rondo for Amare trade went through.

Knicks would have maxed out Joe Johnson or Boozer. Woulda been awesome.

So let me get this straight.

Ray mad cuz he didn't get the ball enough from an 11 APG PG in an offense that is about sharing the ball, but he doesn't mind taking less money to play with Wade/Bosh/James who literally average a combined 50 shots per game.

To put this in comparison that's the same amount of shots that Bostons big 4 shot a game.

And as a stretch 4 Battier is going to get more shot opportunities than Ray for sure. Mario doesn't mind gunning once in a while either.

Yea he gon b mad.

So let me get this straight.

Ray mad cuz he didn't get the ball enough from an 11 APG PG in an offense that is about sharing the ball, but he doesn't mind taking less money to play with Wade/Bosh/James who literally average a combined 50 shots per game.

To put this in comparison that's the same amount of shots that Bostons big 4 shot a game.

And as a stretch 4 Battier is going to get more shot opportunities than Ray for sure. Mario doesn't mind gunning once in a while either.

Yea he gon b mad.

so he took less money to play less minutes with probably less shots.
makes sense.

giri

I think my favorite moment of the David Stern era was him trolling the crowd at the draft, putting his hand to his ear when they starting booing.

mine was when he started choosing when and where rules should and shouldn't be strictly applied.

You know, like, banning players for stepping over a line.

Stern might have done good stuff in the back room, but he's been a terrible front end (actual game related stuff) for years now.

He also probably extends his career 1-2 seaons.

He moved to be more involved. He's going to be less involved.

ALl he's really done is extend his chance of riding the bench to a ring for an extra 1 - 2 seasons. Thats what he's really done.

He's not the first, won't be the last.

IMHO

Stern was a jerk a lot of the times, and never acted like you would expect a commissioner to act.

He also was a Laker hater, and did everything he could to keep them down.
He was also commissioner during the shadiest part of the leagues history. The MJ(Sham)years.

charsace

IMHO

Stern was a jerk a lot of the times, and never acted like you would expect a commissioner to act.

He was also commissioner during the shadiest part of the leagues history. The MJ(Sham)years.

Those eight titles are real hate. The Lakers are the last team to have any reason to be mad at Stern.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You know it's still the off-season when the lot of you gets trolled so easily.

lol why would friction have started between ray and rondo when they were both included in the proposed amare trade package?

Allen said that, at the time, (of the Phoenix deal) Ainge and Rivers “didn’t get along” with Rondo.

“So, I called him and I told him, ‘hey they’re supposedly trading us to Phoenix because you and Danny and Doc don’t get along,’ ” Allen said. “ ‘So, whatever you can do.’

“So, for some reason, I guess he thought that I was … that I had something against him, or there were some issues. And I had no issues with him. I won with him.”

Now, Allen says if Rondo “had issue with me, that’s on him.”

“I have a way of going about doing my job that, I want everyone to come and play their hardest and come in and do their job and I can’t, I don’t worry myself with things I can’t control,” Allen said.
i love the understatement here.

142355369_display_image.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DNi4iOu9NCU

Tom Penny

so he took less money to play less minutes with probably less shots.
makes sense.

No. I'm pretty sure he specifically left to stick his middle finger up at the Celtics. He changes his reason all the time anyway. First it's his role..now he's coming off the bench. Then it wasn't money yet he blatantly asked them for a contract the Celtics couldn't give him and took half of what they offered to go to the Heat etc..

Zep

Banned
No. I'm pretty sure he specifically left to stick his middle finger up at the Celtics. He changes his reason all the time anyway. First it's his role..now he's coming off the bench. Then it wasn't money yet he blatantly asked them for a contract the Celtics couldn't give him and took half of what they offered to go to the Heat etc..

His pride wouldn't allow him to come off the bench for a guy named Avery Bradley.

Tom Penny

His pride wouldn't allow him to come off the bench for a guy named Avery Bradley.

Obviously but the fact of the matters was the Celtics played much better when Avery was starting then when Ray was and on top of that he was coming back from injury mid season. At the end of the day he couldn't handle the fact that Doc was doing what was best for the team at the time. It's just weird seeing him flapping his gums now..even said in some other interview that Doc didn't know how to use him even though they ran triple screens left and right killing all ball movement just for him etc...

IMHO

lol

LOL

IMHO

This is either a joke post or a joke of a post...

Pimpwerx

yeah, so Danny Ainge was gunna give up Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare and a draft pick....that could have gone down as one of the worst trades ever...oh and Ray pretty much confirmed he left Boston cause he was mad about Rivers using him as a decoy.

I love Ray Ray, but let's be honest, he comes across as a guy who creates locker room problems.

Yeah, because Ray's always been known as a locker room cancer, right? I mean, in Seattle and Milwaukee too, amirite?

Ray's leaving one bench for another, but he's being considered as a closer on our team, whereas the Celtics had relegated him to a late-game observer. That alone means his role is more significant with Miami. Plus, we're letting him handle a lot more playmaking duties than he had in Boston. He's not just running off a bunch of screens, although we've run a few plays like that for him this season.

I think the discontent keeps coming back to Rondo. He's easily the best player on the team. It's been that way for years now. Why is Ainge so desperate to trade his only young star? Is he gonna build around PP and KG? It just makes no sense, unless Rondo's perceived douchebag behavior is actually a problem for the team. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom