• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo is constantly in trade talks because he's massively overvalued around the league. He's the leader of one of the worst offenses in the NBA, but keeps getting tons of press because he's the guy dribbling the ball all the time so the media attributes the Celtics' success to him because they don't understand that defense is half of basketball and the half that the Celtics are actually good at.

This is not saying that Rondo is a bad player (he is good to very good), but it's insane how overrated he is when the Celtics can go on long winning streaks without him and win road playoff games without him and yet Rondo still gets pumped up as the soul of the team.

It's worth exploring to see what offers can be out there when he's more of a complementary player but is considered by some to be an elite player. They could easily end up ripping some team off and could get better so why not explore offers for him?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I wish that Jesus/Rondo for Amare trade went through.

Knicks would have maxed out Joe Johnson or Boozer. Woulda been awesome.

you know what I prefer what happened to this. Joe Johnsons souless eyes man scare the hell out of me...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Rondo is constantly in trade talks because he's massively overvalued around the league. He's the leader of one of the worst offenses in the NBA, but keeps getting tons of press because he's the guy dribbling the ball all the time so the media attributes the Celtics' success to him because they don't understand that defense is half of basketball and the half that the Celtics are actually good at.

This is not saying that Rondo is a bad player (he is good to very good), but it's insane how overrated he is when the Celtics can go on long winning streaks without him and win road playoff games without him and yet Rondo still gets pumped up as the soul of the team.

I think he would be an awesome fit on the Lakers but he needs a good supporting cast to be good I don't see turning scrubs good like Nash did

giri

Yeah, because Ray's always been known as a locker room cancer, right? I mean, in Seattle and Milwaukee too, amirite?

Ray's leaving one bench for another, but he's being considered as a closer on our team, whereas the Celtics had relegated him to a late-game observer. That alone means his role is more significant with Miami. Plus, we're letting him handle a lot more playmaking duties than he had in Boston. He's not just running off a bunch of screens, although we've run a few plays like that for him this season.

I think the discontent keeps coming back to Rondo. He's easily the best player on the team. It's been that way for years now. Why is Ainge so desperate to trade his only young star? Is he gonna build around PP and KG? It just makes no sense, unless Rondo's perceived douchebag behavior is actually a problem for the team. PEACE.

Wait, you're trying to mock win now trades for the Celtics when your team has LBJ on it? and all the pick ups they've been making?

Settle down there.

Ray was never considered a douche, but he's sure as hell running his mouth like one now, and coming off as bit of a whiny bitch who was the root of all of his own problems.

I think he would be an awesome fit on the Lakers but he needs a good supporting cast to be good I don't see turning scrubs good like Nash did

He'd look like wall if he had terrible team mates.

Lakers don't need Rondo since they will be getting Uncle Kyrie in a couple of years. BTW Knicks-Age, I am getting back into sending out autograph requests (shaddup reilo, kado, zep, dream) and I asked myself if it's worth the $1.00 to send out a request for Tyson Chandler and I realized it wasn't. So instead I sent out a request to Hakeem Olajuwon on an 8x10.

Tom Penny

It's worth exploring to see what offers can be out there when he's more of a complementary player but is considered by some to be an elite player. They could easily end up ripping some team off and could get better so why not explore offers for him?
He can't be too bad. GM's think he's the 3rd best PG in the league behind CP3 and Rose. Dropping triple double a bunch of times in the playoffs last year. Nearly averaging a 20 point triple double average when KG got hurt in 2010 against the Bulls for a series against Rose..He's not doing it by luck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He can't be too bad. GM's think he's the 3rd best PG in the league behind CP3 and Rose. Dropping triple double a bunch of times in the playoffs last year. Nearly averaging a 20 point triple double average when KG got hurt in 2010 against the Bulls for a series against Rose..He's not doing it by luck.

Overrated not equal to bad

Didn't say they needed him

Sorry to ruin your limp wristed troll

Ace, it's ok. You'll always be an ace in my book

manhug%281%29.jpg

"GMs" also think that Serge Ibaka is the third best defensive player in the NBA. He is a good player, but he's on the tier of Kyle Lowry and Ty Lawson and is talked about as an MVP candidate because his team's defense (Kevin Garnett) is awesome and because his conference blows (The Nuggets do just as well in the East as the Celtics ended up doing)

Bread

Banned
"GMs" also think that Serge Ibaka is the third best defensive player in the NBA. He is a good player, but he's on the tier of Kyle Lowry and Ty Lawson and is talked about as an MVP candidate because his team's defense (Kevin Garnett) is awesome and because his conference blows (The Nuggets do just as well in the East as the Celtics ended up doing)
no

no

no

Tom Penny

To me Rondo is a top 15 player certainly top 20...can't say the say I put Lowry or Ty Lawson in that category.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ah shit

why's that, too easy?

That and once you hit 50 end game is just a pointless collect a thon. Once you get a bee and a conference call you don't need to worry about your build or any other loot since that combo wrecks nearly everything in the game. And the Bee alone with anything makes every weapon hilariously strong. Imo no reason to co-op either since you don't get more loot and its faster to farm by yourself so why kill bosses and shit and share loot when you can keep everything yourself and kill faster?

Also doesn't help that I could just download a save and get every gun/head since it's not fun killing a boss in seconds over and over for the minuscule drop rate. Like I said earlier the bee and well any weapon but especially a CC trivializes everything so no reason to get other gear besides for the sake of collecting but why bother when I can easily dupe or just dl a save since that's all the other loot is there for. And if you don't want to use the bee because it makes the game too easy then the dlc "raid" bosses pretty much require the bee to even have a shot at killing them.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Fuck

well at least getting to level 50 will last me a while

Yeah shame too since getting to 50 was fun but after that it's clear gearbox did not have any plan for an endgame and they still haven't admitted having loot ffa was a stupid idea. That and they did nothing to prevent duping, cheatin, modding etc, besides a stupid o you just can't talk about it on our forums. I tried farming and it was fun I guess earning loot but I just stopped caring after awhile and download saves with everything I wanted since it was the exact same thing as farming except I didn't have to waste my time,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom