• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
Dumb question but why are many people looking forward to him retiring? didnt he make the sport more international and numbers across the board are going up?. Honestly he made me watch the sport even more watchable for me because of how less "thuglife" the sport is. Players dress up with respect(most of the time) and they tend to bitch less at the referees

Less "thuglife" you say? Do me a favor, check who the commissioner was during the "thuglife" era of the sport. I'll let everyone else tell you how Stern
and the NBA made hand over fist during that time period as well.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dumb question but why are many people looking forward to him retiring? didnt he make the sport more international and numbers across the board are going up?. Honestly he made me watch the sport even more watchable for me because of how less "thuglife" the sport is. Players dress up with respect(most of the time) and they tend to bitch less at the referees
Thug life? What?

Thuglife eh.

The better argument to be made here is:

"Adam Silver won't be any better ya'll. Put down the champagne"

He's a scummy fucking dude

Jeff-DSA

But the people have loved him so...

stern.jpg

David-Stern-as-Dr-Evil.jpg

sternbig.jpg

images

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think my favorite moment of the David Stern era was him trolling the crowd at the draft, putting his hand to his ear when they starting booing.

Roger Stern's rep has never been lower these past few years, but I think his tenure is going to be looked back on more fondly than negatively a few years from now.

Thug reasons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
do we actually know this or is it just because there is a need for change?

In my opinion at least.

Also, seriously, that was some hell of a dog-whistle post: "thug life", "dress nicer", "bitching less at the referees".

skyBorn

Neo Member
Andrew Wiggins will reclassify as a member of the 2013 class.
Wiggins is considering Kentucky and Florida State.

Wiggins could then become eligible for the 2014 NBA Draft should he declare after his freshman season.

"It's time," Mitchell Wiggins said. "It's time for him (to show) that he is the best in college right now. I think he is ready for the next step. Academically-wise he is doing great. Maturity-wise he is doing great. He has a lot of talent. He is ready for the next step, and everybody knows it is time. It is Andrew's time. Next year is coming soon and he is ready."

Wiggins, a native of Canada, is widely considered either the first or second ranked high school player.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224145/Andrew_Wiggins_To_Reclassify_To_2013#ixzz2AL1cWRyo

142355369_display_image.jpg

damn, that ban I caught was some BS. I was supposed to be out till the end of November, but I guess it's been lifted. (Blackace, was that you?)

Yall better watch yo ass in off topic. sarcasm can go wrong. terribly wrong.

Bobcats and Magic already planning the tank for 2014. Wiggins, Randle, Parker, and all the raw Freshman bigs from this year that may develop into decent players by 2014? That's definitely tank material.

im glad that I wasnt the only one losing my shit last night over Clipper announcer insanity. oh and Stern retiring is meh. I dont think he's the mastermind behind all the corruption in the league, just the public face of it. and his condescending personality just gave him a nasty edge.
Less "thuglife" you say? Do me a favor, check who the commissioner was during the "thuglife" era of the sport. I'll let everyone else tell you how Stern
and the NBA made hand over fist during that time period as well.

No doubt. The NBA was slingin that shit just as much as the players. in Iverson's peak year, he was doing as much for the nba as the league was doing for him, his jersey and apparel was everywhere and finals ratings went up.

im glad that I wasnt the only one losing my shit last night over Clipper announcer insanity. oh and Stern retiring is meh. I dont think he's the mastermind behind all the corruption in the league, just the public face of it. and his condescending personality just gave him a nasty edge.
illuminati.

the next commish will be jewish again.

stu isn't a homer.
he doesn't cocksuck.
if the lakers are shit, stu will be hard on them.
when a laker gets away with a call, he'll call it out.

Word, dude is consistent and doesn't hype guys based on one good play or one good game.

Lawler is to Stu what The Clips are To The Lakers.

Second rate, thrift store, knock off brand quality.

... yeah, I'll have to disagree. The other Faker announcer is fine but Lantz is Heinsohn-terrible.

For the record, Mike Smith absolutely sucks, but I will not tolerate people speaking ill of BINGOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh, Blake Griffin is never gonna get a jumper and he won't ever shoot free throws well.

He'll pass, dunk, and play matador defense though.

Dat maximum contract.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Stern still beats his wife

I still have the draft on my DVR because the chants of "We Want Silver" were too awesome to delete

yeah, so Danny Ainge was gunna give up Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare and a draft pick....that could have gone down as one of the worst trades ever...oh and Ray pretty much confirmed he left Boston cause he was mad about Rivers using him as a decoy.

“In Boston, they were telling me they were going to bring me off the bench — ‘We’re going to play you less minutes’ — and all I asked was, ‘How are you going to use me because the last two years you’ve been using me as decoys,’ ” Allen said. “ ‘You’re running all these plays for me just to pass it to somewhere else and you’re not putting me into any scoring opportunities and I’m just standing over in the corner the majority of games.’ ”

He said the friction with Rondo began in 2009 when Rivers and Celtics president Danny Ainge proposed a trade that would have sent Allen and Rondo to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa and the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft.
I love Ray Ray, but let's be honest, he comes across as a guy who creates locker room problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom