• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanter goes 21-11 in 24 minutes against mostly Blazer starters.

get hype.

enes-kanter-workout-02-616x1024.jpg

Jazz frontcourt gonna destroy the league.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Lakers won't make the playoffs playing like this. Kobe will have to play all 82 games to carry this team.

It's clear that it's gonna take some time before the Lakers figure it out with this roster but it looks like Dwight, Pau, Nash and Kobe will have to play enormous minutes since the drop off on the roster after them is ridiculous.

Mike Brown needs to just tank some games this year and aim for a 3/4th seed.

edit: da fuq, did I just see Dwight try to take someone off the dribble from the foul line

It's clear that it's gonna take some time before the Lakers figure it out with this roster but it looks like Dwight, Pau, Nash and Kobe will have to play enormous minutes since the drop off on the roster after them is ridiculous.

Mike Brown needs to just tank some games this year and aim for a 3/4th seed.
I'm not worried. They've only played once all together. Most of the games had major scrubs playing, starters sitting out games and halves.

They will clean up the passing when it matters.

jobber

If the Kings can play like this for 40-50 games, they'll make the playoffs o:

I've said it for a while. There's a lot of talent on that roster, just not sure there is a complete team.
It's a team of one possible #2 and like six #4s.

Cousins has talent but no brain. Has no idea how to play properly. It's definitely not a team.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I've said it for a while. There's a lot of talent on that roster, just not sure there is a complete team.
Almost there

Reminds me of the Portland situation from before

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Cousins has talent but no brain. Has no idea how to play properly. It's definitely not a team.

I think this is an overblown statement of Cousins

He starting playing ball late in life

I think he will get it soon

Well I never said he can't learn. But it's not there yet. He's also waaaaaaaaay too e emotional out there.

Just tonight at least five times he went at pau or Howard just to prove himself and cost his team. No reason for it.

He can obviously ball. He needs to contain his fouling, relax out there, and play in control. Reminds me of josh smith from a few years ago but angrier (different skill set of course).

I haven't watched the Clippers play this preseason, but some people are saying that Griffin learned how to defend.

If this is true, they're going to be really great.

jobber

Is Kawhi taking the next step this year?

next step to actually making jumpshots instead of camping at the 3 point line...probably not

Well I never said he can't learn. But it's not there yet. He's also waaaaaaaaay too e emotional out there.

Just tonight at least five times he went at pau or Howard just to prove himself and cost his team. No reason for it.

He can obviously ball. He needs to contain his fouling, relax out there, and play in control. Reminds me of josh smith from a few years ago but angrier (different skill set of course).

Spurs should ship Manu and Lenard to Sac for Cousins

Pop would make that man a MVP in a year.

giri

Cousins is a #1. He may be emotional, but most of its directed at winning. I'm not a fan of their coach in the slightest atm either, but Cousins is going to be a legit #1 option.

Almost there

Reminds me of the Portland situation from before

Yeah, in a lot of ways. They're really a good trade or two, away, from having a top flight starting 5.

Oh, and as for cousins being too emotional, there have been a few others who played with chips on their shoulders and took it personally, Kobe, Wade, Shaq to name just a few. It's not the worst trait to have. Just make sure you end up on the winning side of the argument.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i think its worth noting that Nash hardly played 2nd half in any of the pre season games.

Brown was throwing out lineups with guys who weren't going to make the team. He was giving nearly everyone some run. He treated preseason exactly like it was supposed to be treated, giving everyone on the roster some looks and not giving a fuck about the wins or losses.

jobber

Brown was throwing out lineups with guys who weren't going to make the team. He was giving nearly everyone some run. He treated preseason exactly like it was supposed to be treated, giving everyone on the roster some looks and not giving a fuck about the wins or losses.

Lets see how optimistic you are when the Lakers are 1-10

KingJ2002

exactly... this is about building team chemistry and cementing the roster for the regular season (until the trade deadline).

about 60 percent of the lakers are new players... and all of them are adjusting to a new system. I'm sure when the season opens the lakers will dominate like we expect them to.

Cousins is not emotional in the same way Kobe and Shaq have been. Not even close to an apt comparison.

Cousins just gets mad, fouls more, gets more techs, and puts up more god awful shots for a big or turns it over when mad.

Kobe actually plays better at times mad. Shaq never went at the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom