• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I haven seen zero minutes of the Blazers pre-season.

This season is going to be FUN.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah, it's preseason, but I'm excited about the Clippers this year. They'll definitely be better than last year.

Based on what? I don't think their roster is much better this year than it was last year. Fat Odom? Banking on Billups and Hill? I like both Crawford and Barnes but neither guy is putting them over the hump.

oQBQul.jpg

And they still got this guy.

giri

Cousins is not emotional in the same way Kobe and Shaq have been. Not even close to an apt comparison.

Cousins just gets mad, fouls more, gets more techs, and puts up more god awful shots for a big or turns it over when mad.

Kobe actually plays better at times mad. Shaq never went at the refs.

Uhh, those guys, particularly in their younger days, did all of that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Based on what? I don't think their roster is much better this year than it was last year. Fat Odom? Banking on Billups and Hill? I like both Crawford and Barnes but neither guy is putting them over the hump.

http://i.imgur.com/oQBQul.jpg

Hey according to the Clippers commentating crew Blake is going to have a jumper like Dirk and Malone in a year and this year Jordan will make the jump to top 6 Center in the league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
johnschuhmann
From '04 to '10, 15 teams LOST 1 or 0 preseason games. Only 1 of the 15 ('10-11 UTA) missed the playoffs.

You heard it here first - Toronto is playoff bound!

etiolate

Banned
Kobe still hunts down the refs.

Cousins has so much that he can do on offense that he just goes and does whatever he wants at the time. It takes time to learn what moves to use in which situations. He obviously hasn't learned that yet. He's a #1 option though. He will never be as efficient in stats as others because of his style, but its still effective. He can throw the ball up knowing he can get his own miss.

Don't ask me to explain why the Kings keep gathering more chuckers. If Tyreke doesn't show anything more than what he's shown so far in pre-season then he's likely traded during the season. He'll want max money and he's not worth it at this point. Hopefully that trade can balance the roster out if it happens.

oQBQul.jpg

Based on their players actually getting better? Based on them playing together for more than a lockout season worth of time together? Who said anything about getting over the hump?

Adding players isn't the only way to get better.

giri

Based on their players actually getting better? Based on them playing together for more than a lockout season worth of time together? Who said anything about getting over the hump?

Adding players isn't the only way to get better.

Bledsoe also got better.

I'm not sold on Jordons improvements.

BUt Blake seems to have worked on his jumper, which will add a lot of longevity to his career, and actually make him an option late in games.

They'll be better just on that stuff alone, probably.

Though they're still incredibly CP3 reliant.

Uhh, those guys, particularly in their younger days, did all of that.

Well, I won't speak on Shaq much cuz in 1992 I didn't even have cable and only saw him on Sundays.

Kobe, on the other hand, you're wrong. He never did all those things at once, especially the fouling.

Kobe is often better when mad. He never wore his emotions on his sleeve like Cousins, though. Cousins huffs and puffs, puts on that whiney "WHY ME" face, etc. Kobe also didn't start going after the refs til much later.

Kobe, at times, played undisciplined (now at times it's just selfish). Cousins plays reckless. A lot. That can be fixed with the right coach, perhaps, but his emotions just kill him. Every time I see him think he gets slighted, he goes on this fouling/turnover binge for like 5 minutes.

Regarding Cousins being a #1 option. I'll agree with IWMTB19. Until you aren't one of the least efficient players in the league, I won't call you that. efg% below 50% for a center? Come on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cousins is not emotional in the same way Kobe and Shaq have been. Not even close to an apt comparison.

Cousins just gets mad, fouls more, gets more techs, and puts up more god awful shots for a big or turns it over when mad.

Kobe actually plays better at times mad. Shaq never went at the refs.

lol
Cousins just hasn't gotten the pass Kobe and Shaq got
up
Shaq lowered his shoulder alot when mad

Kobe throws hissy fits and throws up shots that would make Baron Davis blush when mad

#purpletintedgoggles

Emwitus

Goodness gracious. I thought my watching the games was bad karma but no, La just bad. Then espn has that small note at the bottom of there recap that no team has lost all preseason games and made it to the finals. Thank's for that irrelevant point espn.

Cousins hasn't gotten a pass like those guys did because he's way less talented than them. A lot of personality problems get blown up when your team consistently loses via having the worst defense in the league and when you shoot 44% from the field as a big man.

lol
up

Kobe throws hissy fits and throws up shots that would make Baron Davis blush when mad

#purpletintedgoggles

20 year old Kobe didn't do that...and again, I said Cousins does ALL those things at once. Kobe never did the fouling to go with awful drives for TOs and shots plus whining with a bitch-made face on.

As I said, I can't speak on Shaq too much and I doubt many of us could considering the time frame. But I don't recall all the other stuff except what you point out (which is something he did do even in LA at times when mad).

I've seen Cousins a lot now and I can't remember a single player I've seen act like he does on the court. Sheed may have had the theatrics, but Cousins is on another level when the ball is still live.

Blackace

17 year old Kobe threw a hissy fit before stepping on the court

giri

Well, I won't speak on Shaq much cuz in 1992 I didn't even have cable and only saw him on Sundays.

Kobe, on the other hand, you're wrong. He never did all those things at once, especially the fouling.

Regarding Cousins being a #1 option. I'll agree with IWMTB19. Until you aren't one of the least efficient players in the league, I won't call you that. efg% below 50% for a center? Come on.

You're right, the KoME monicker is entirely undeserving and entirely made up.

I don't disagree that he needs to get more efficient, or that he's a finished product yet. He's not a #1 option on a play off team this second, but i think he'll get there if given the opportunities in the right spots through out this season.

Ebanks was the leading scorer in a game where he played the same amount of time as Dwight and less than Pau. Im not sure what to make of this.

DominoKid

lol
up

#purpletintedgoggles

cousins is a motherfucking baby. (i still like him despite this cause its funny)
and he's not a generational talent. of course he's not gettin a pass.

Blackace

Cousins hasn't gotten a pass like those guys did because he's way less talented than them. A lot of personality problems get blown up when your team consistently loses via having the worst defense in the league and when you shoot 44% from the field as a big man.

Matters little why Kobe is allowed to get away with techs every other play

Just that his mad isn't much "better" than someone else's

You're right, the KoME monicker is entirely undeserving and entirely made up.

I don't disagree that he needs to get more efficient, or that he's a finished product yet. He's not a #1 option on a play off team this second, but i think he'll get there if given the opportunities in the right spots through out this season.

KoMe isn't usually because of emotion. It is also something that developed after his first few seasons in the league. Then again, he came off the bench for 2 seasons...

Cousins to me is at max a #2 option. If everything works out, he'd be Pau Gasol. As a #1 he might lead a team to the playoffs and decent record, but he can't win a title as the #1.

I say this as someone who liked Cousins coming out of the draft (though Kings got a steal) and have been disappointed with him thus far.

17 year old Kobe threw a hissy fit before stepping on the court

On the court is what matters. Please, find me Kobe in his first few seasons having near-emotional breakdowns the way Cousins does. I never argued Kobe doesn't have an ego. Maybe to you emotional is different.

Zep

Banned
Reggie Miller said:
"Miami is the favorite to win it all. Until someone can solve LeBron James at the power forward position, because he is the dominant player in the NBA at that position, Miami has to be the favorite."

He can't be talking defensively.

Blackace

cousins is a motherfucking baby. (i still like him despite this cause its funny)
and he's not a generational talent. of course he's not gettin a pass.
Ok? So?

Kobe acts just as much an ass

Wade too

Don't act like they get magical powers from it they just get away with more

Blackace

On the court is what matters
. Please, find me Kobe in his first few seasons having near-emotional breakdowns the way Cousins does. I never argued Kobe doesn't have an ego. Maybe to you emotional is different.
As Kobe can tell you from CO that's not true

This is going to be pretty big year for Cousins in general though. If he becomes a defensive presence, the Kings are going to be alright. If he doesn't, this is one of the worst put together rosters ever and everyone involved in the organization could implode.

giri

This is going to be pretty big year for Cousins in general though. If he becomes a defensive presence, the Kings are going to be alright. If he doesn't, this is one of the worst put together rosters ever and everyone involved in the organization could implode.

Yeah, this has to be a really huge year for him. He can either take a giant step forward, or a giant step sideways to Bynum territory.

YEAH SHAQ NEVER DID ANYTHING PISSY OR FOUGHT OR ANYTHING NO WAY

9760j4.gif

1024752_o.gif

A. That's not young Shaq since I'm comparing Cousins in his first few years.

B. Shaq did not even show emotion in the first gif. He pushed the dude down and ran the other way. Cousins would push the guy, stare him down, then cry like a bitch when he got a T followed up by 5 minutes of terrible turnovers. In the second gif, he had a ball thrown at him.

At no point did i say Shaq or anyone else never shows emotion. You guys are straw manning the argument. I said Cousins plays too emotional. Like, every fucking game it's something with him.

Did Shaq get mad when he got hit time after time after time? Yes. Did he have outbursts every other game? Not comparable to Cousins.

Let me makes this clear. Cousins is way too emotional AS he is playing. Like, while he'd dribbling the fucking ball.

As Kobe can tell you from CO that's not true

What does this have to do with how Cousins and Kobe play like on the court?

How can anyone think a young Kobe played as emotional as Cousins right now? Do you people watch games?

It's like saying Odom played as hard last season and Allen Iverson in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom