• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he were only talking offensively, Carmelo is a more dominant PF.

He's not. Melo is a versatile scorer but he has never been as dominant an offensive player as Bron. Except maybe one or two years he's never put up more PPG in a year(sometimes its not even close), always less effecient, never been as good a passer, alot less 50pters, just no. Even as a PF, pretty post moves don't mean shit. You don't get style points.

And still not as predictable as shadowdork.
You being the annoying ass cynic is kind of predictable too but whatever...

Who has better post moves, Lebron or Shadowlark? One is described as unstoppable...The other describes himself as unstoppable as Barkley in the post.

what does this even mean?

He's not. Melo is a versatile scorer but he has never been as dominant an offensive player as Bron. Except maybe one or two years he's never put up more PPG in a year(sometimes its not even close), always less effecient, never been as good a passer, alot less 50pters, just no. Even as a PF, pretty post moves don't mean shit. You don't get style points.

You being the annoying ass cynic is kind of predictable too but whatever...

what does this even mean?

It's easier when you can get to the basket at will and feast off of fast breaks.

pilonv1

johnschuhmann
From '04 to '10, 15 teams LOST 1 or 0 preseason games. Only 1 of the 15 ('10-11 UTA) missed the playoffs.

You heard it here first - Toronto is playoff bound!

What about this one...

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann
From '04 to '10, 10 teams won 1 or 0 preseason games. Only 1 of them ('07-08 CLE) made the playoffs. I think Mike Brown's gonna do it again.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ehh people blocked me in this thread for an emote joke and for being a asshole while not being either a laker/heat fan. Its the nature of NBA discussion on GAF.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That's the first time -- EVER -- that I have been called a cynic in NBA-age.

While I'm being a cynic!

Meyers Leonard succeeds when nothing gets in the way of his raw ability but he doesn't know how to finish, defend low, screen, and even needs help rebounding.

What are four things a decent center needs to be able to do?

/welp

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
On the court is what matters. Please, find me Kobe in his first few seasons having near-emotional breakdowns the way Cousins does. I never argued Kobe doesn't have an ego. Maybe to you emotional is different.

Every. Single. Bobcats. Game.

Kobe lost his shit guarding Matt Carroll. Dude got thrown out of a game because he couldn't take Raymond Felton off the dribble the next game. And outside of his hilarious visits to Charlotte, he's chased refs damn near off the court. Dude was a 6'7 Westbrook. Still is when he feels like it.

If Cousins wasn't stuck with the worst organization in the NBA, he'd be hyped all day and night.

Every. Single. Bobcats. Game.

Kobe lost his shit guarding Matt Carroll. Dude got thrown out of a game because he couldn't take Raymond Felton off the dribble the next game. And outside of his hilarious visits to Charlotte, he's chased refs damn near off the court. Dude was a 6'7 Westbrook. Still is when he feels like it.

If Cousins wasn't stuck with the worst organization in the NBA, he'd be hyped all day and night.

Progress!

pilonv1

That's the first time -- EVER -- that I have been called a cynic in NBA-age.

While I'm being a cynic!

What are four things a decent center needs to be able to do?

/welp

Sounds like a young Biedrins before injuries and Nellie crushed his soul.

DY_nasty

Cousins attitude and temper reminds me of Jailblazers era Z-Bo.

He's just as good or better than Z-Bo right now though.

The thing about Cousins "maturity" is that most of the time, he isn't wrong. He talks shit about his coach - because Westphal was terrible. He talked shit about Evans BEFORE it was cool. He gets on his teammates - because no one else will apparently.

There's bad immaturity "I think I'm the shit, fuck yal" and then there's the "I'm not putting up with this dumb shit. fuck patience" immaturity that is just natural for a guy his age.

It's a longshot, but I hope MJ and Cho at least try to sign Cousins in free agency when he hits the market the year after next. I doubt he'll be available though, because as incompetent as the front office of the Kings is they still have to know Cousins is the best thing they have going for them.

Meyers Leonard is a good finisher and will be better once he puts on weight (and he will).

Defensively, he's got huge issues, but he's a smart person so he should be able to improve his BBIQ on defense.

Then again, I thought the same about Biyombo and he's as dumb as ever on defense despite being able to speak like four languages...

DY_nasty

Meyers Leonard is a good finisher and will be better once he puts on weight (and he will).

Defensively, he's got huge issues, but he's a smart person so he should be able to improve his BBIQ on defense.

Then again, I thought the same about Biyombo and he's as dumb as ever on defense despite being able to speak like four languages...

Biyombo's issue is that he can't rebound at even an average level.

And the fact that the next best defender on the team is Kemba.

Biyombo's issue is that he can't rebound at even an average level.

And the fact that the next best defender on the team is Kemba.

Right, but that has a lot to do with him being out of position all the time which has to do with his BBIQ. He's got the body to get boards, but he's just not and that comes down to decision making and technique on defense.

DY_nasty

MKG has fallen off that badly? In NBA2k he's Lebron lite defensively.

Bobcats have only had 2 or 3 televised games.

Really couldn't tell you anything good OR bad... especially with how Dunlap has been pretending to be Pop with the lineups so far. I know his ballhandling is better than what I had expected though.

Bobcats have only had 2 or 3 televised games.

Really couldn't tell you anything good OR bad... especially with how Dunlap has been pretending to be Pop with the lineups so far. I know his ballhandling is better than what I had expected though.

Abandon all hope something something

Hard to be mad about being a Bobcats fan when you've got a really good chance the next two years of getting good players.

You guys probably should have drafted T-Rob though, just because you could have potentially walked out in two years with a lineup of Kemba/Bazz/Wiggins/T-Rob/Biyombo.

Kemba/Bazz/MKG/Zeller/Biyombo might be nice tho

DY_nasty

All Trob has done so far is tbag dwight on a putback

I really wanted him over MKG though. Can't go wrong with either I guess... time will tell.

Sanjuro

Yep, I think you would know. The celtics have first hand knowledge of his dominance right? If only he had Mo Williams as the best to back him up, you'd probably have a chance.

Yeah, we beat him consistently until he bailed out of Cleveland. Now he is in Miami and struggling against a washed up Celtics crew.

vRiIM.png

Er...

Bobkitties are last, DY. D:

Yeah, we beat him consistently until he bailed out of Cleveland. Now he is in Miami and struggling against a washed up Celtics crew.

Oh, so its like I said. If he had a fringe allstar as his second best you would have a shot, but yeah I know life aint fair.

I can't recall him struggle to beat the gold ole celtics either. Unless you are talking about the one time where our only starting quality big was out. I mean most sane people seem to think its over in 5, for the second year in a row, if we we're healthy.

But hey, here's to next year. Maybe you won't have a player drop one of the greatest statistical playoff games ever on you.

Oh, so its like I said. If he had a fringe allstar as his second best you would have a shot, but yeah I know life aint fair.

I can't recall him struggle to beat the gold ole celtics either. Unless you are talking about the one time where our only starting quality big was out. I mean most sane people seem to think its over in 5, for the second year in a row, if we we're healthy.

But hey, here's to next year. Maybe you won't have a player drop one of the greatest statistical playoff games ever on you.

Ya gotta forgive him, that 2010 finals game 7 still stings.

Sanjuro

You're not a sane person though. Great job at living up to that casual fan stigma by judging an entire playoff series in just one game.

You're not a sane person though. Great job at living up to that casual fan stigma by judging an entire playoff series in just one game.
Yeah, cuz thats what I did.

I believe cloving though. This is the second time your guys failed to close the deal while having two tries at it. You can't be to sane yourself huh? You must be wet with all this talk of how much better the Celtics are gonna be this year.

Yeah, cuz thats what I did.

I believe cloving though. This is the second time your guys failed to close the deal while having two tries at it. You can't be to sane yourself huh? You must be wet with all this talk of how much better the Celtics are gonna be this year.

If you think about it, it's quite sad that with the big three, the Celtics were able to just win one chip. I mean that is quite surprising. The Rockets had Hakeem and that's pretty much it in terms of star players and they went back to back. I have a feeling the Heatles will go back to back this year. Spurs won 4 chips in the last decade. Lakers went back to back with Kobe and Gaso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom