• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

pilonv1

I don't get it..he was really solid defensive player from the second half of last season on. It's not like this is something new ..

Yep, no one pays any attention though. It's like no one saw him guarding Parker or Paul late in games last year. His footwork and ability to stay in front of quicker guards is excellent.

Smokey

I disagree. Seeing them gut a year and waste a Kobe-season in return for chasing a high draft pick (who might not even pan out) and mill-stone their ballclub for a decade to cone is worth the risk.

In the interim, the Clippers would make it to the WCF and an entire GENERATION of Southern Californians would grow up to be Clippers fans and finally reverse the sickening blight of insufferable Lakers fans I have been putting up with my entire life.

If my Spurs and Spurs-colonies (OKC, Philly, Atlanta etc) get bounced then I will scream CP3! MVP! So that 4th-grade Johnny and Jose and Henry grow up worshipping red white and blue over the sickening colors of piss-yellow and vomit-purple.

I would cheer for the Heat against the Lakers in the Finals. Ray Turncloak inclusive.

lol

The Warriors have so much flexibility on the wings it's crazy. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, and even Iggy (sometimes) can score. Bazemore, Iggy, and now even Thompson can be counted on to play great defense and Barnes, while inexperienced, is athletic enough to get the job done too. They easily have the best wing depth in the league if you ask me.

If only the guy manning the post wasn't made of glass Bogut and the defensive sieve David Lee. Interior D will always doom them if they can't count on Bogut to stay healthy. I'm sorry, but David Lee had no business being an all-star last year.

The Warriors have so much flexibility on the wings it's crazy. Curry, Thompson, Barnes, and even Iggy (sometimes) can score. Bazemore, Iggy, and now even Thompson can be counted on to play great defense and Barnes, while inexperienced, is athletic enough to get the job done too. They easily have the best wing depth in the league if you ask me.

If only the guy manning the post wasn't made of glass Bogut and the defensive sieve David Lee. Interior D will always doom them if they can't count on Bogut to stay healthy. I'm sorry, but David Lee had no business being an all-star last year.

The Warriors in general are scary. Their starting five all complement each other and honestly they might just be an experienced coach away from perennial runs. I wonder if Sacro's new ownership group would lead to a renaissance for them.

Lee had a better first half of the season last year. Defensive deficiencies aside, he's a consistent post scorer and a smart offensive player. I just wish we didn't have to sign him to such a ridiculous contract.

overcast

Wolves and 6ers being blown out makes this night considerably less interesting.

So Omer guarding Jordan tonight? Howard on Griffin? Hopefully Lin doesn't get destroyed by CP.

The Warriors in general are scary. Their starting five all complement each other and honestly they might just be an experienced coach away from perennial runs. I wonder if Sacro's new ownership group would lead to a renaissance for them.

With the Lakers going through some lean years and the Clippers being the Clippers now is the time for the other two Cali teams to get their act straight. San Fran is already there. If they can get rid of Lee and Bogut and bring in a reliable upgrade they'll be contenders for a looooong time.

Top Bottom