• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

An entire quarter with none of the starters and no Harrison Barnes. This is going to be a boring 12 minutes.

Damn..I wish NBA2k worked with the DS4. I'd play me some Bball.

giri

Will Giri still be a fan?

I'm still riding that bandwagon!

M.Gasol and M.Conley are still great. But they need to make a trade and get some production at the 3. They can't be playing 3 on 5 on offense all season.

Throw in a new coach with a revamped Offense and it was always going to be a little rocky at the start, but, they really haven't looked good. They're not meshing well at all.

I saw an article the other day about how z-bo want's to retire as a grizz. That basically means he's on the trading block. If they can get someone like afflalo for prince, and anything decent back for z-bo, they'll be fine.

If there's something medically wrong with Bennett, they need to let him take a medical leave until he's right again. Otherwise, send him down to the D League or something. Wasting minutes on him at this point seems counterproductive to put it mildly.

dalVlatko

If there's something medically wrong with Bennett, they need to let him take a medical leave until he's right again. Otherwise, send him down to the D League or something. Wasting minutes on him at this point seems counterproductive to put it mildly.

Yup. He is just embarrassing himself and hurting the team right now. Let him get back in shape and then reintroduce him into the lineup.

The only argument for playing him right now is that it would be the best way to get comfortable playing again but the team isn't trying to tank anymore and we can't afford to waste minutes doing that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You can't just send your #1 overall pick to the D-League.

As a GM, you may as well go ahead and resign.

Forever

Banned
This Reddit post about Bennett made me feel bad for him.

Trust me, you'll see a different player when he's in game shape and his head is in the right place. He's an absolute bully in the paint and can stretch the floor (shot over 37% from deep in college). He hasn't been 100% healthy since last December basically - he played the entire last half of his season at UNLV injured, had surgery in the offseason, got drafted, recovered through training camp & summer league, and was immediately tossed into the fire.

Anyone who played sports before and has watched Bennett so far can see exactly what he's going through. I cringe watching him play because I can feel how nervous he is out there - his shot isn't falling, and every time he misses, the weight of the world falls on his shoulders. Miss another shot, and it's even worse. He constantly looks over at Mike Brown and the coaching staff to see their reactions, puts his head down and doesn't get back after the shot, etc.
Poor Bennett.

Mik317

Chris Grant has done a good job so far, I'm satisfied with the direction we're headed.

idk man.

Sure hindsight is 20/20 but there are a lot of dudes he passed up on in the draft.

Could of had Barnes instead of Waiters for example.
Then they could have taken Oladipo this year if they got the same pick of course.

That's a better lineup.

(Unlike many I'm not gonna hold Val against him because I don't know shit about euros so there is that)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
xCsCr4x.jpg

dalVlatko

Cavs were up 20 for most of the game and completely melted down in the fourth...

Getting an aging Shaq as your answer for the Cavs' depth issues is not how you keep your franchise player.

Getting an aging Shaq was response to getting destroyed by Dwight after a 66 win season...

Why are you okay with taking a player that needs the D-League first overall?
You don't know how good a player is going to be until they play games in the league. Who else were we going to pick?

Noel and his bad knees when we already have two injury prone centers and Zeller?

Oladipo/McLemore when we just selected Waiters 4th overall?

Otto Porter Jr and his limited athletic ability?

Bennett was taken on potential. Right now he is hurting the team and not playing, I'd rather see him in the D-League than rotting on the bench.

Forever

Banned
Is MCW a baby chucker? Kid is 4-16 and coach still has him in there to chuck.

He's streaky. He shot really well in the Bulls and Heat games, not so well in the Wizards and this game. I expect that to improve with repetition and learning his spots better.

Getting an aging Shaq as your answer for the Cavs' depth issues is not how you keep your franchise player.
What does that have to do with my point that Grant has had to build from ground zero? You do realize a different front office made those stupid decisions, right?

And I don't blame LeBron for leaving, he made the right decision.

Top Bottom