• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

We already knew Dragic would be out and it looks like Len is too. As much as I want the kid to get as much experience as possible, just let him heal properly. The last thing we need is forcing our number 5 pick into being a bust because he has an ongoing injury that we never allow to fully heal. We're seeing what we have in Plumblee at the moment anyway.

Forever

Banned
We already knew Dragic would be out and it looks like Len is too. As much as I want the kid to get as much experience as possible, just let him heal properly. The last thing we need is forcing our number 5 pick into being a bust because he has an ongoing injury that we never allow to fully heal. We're seeing what we have in Plumblee at the moment anyway.
It's Plumlee man. You keep spelling it with a B. I only care 'cause we have the other one.

Goddammit, you fuckers. >=(

LOL
Wow it only took 3 games. I wish the posts had swung in the other direction when the Knicks started out on fire. Really disingenuous to rip Bargs when he came into camp not in basketball shape due to the injuries/illness he had in summer.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to post what line would Bargs have to put up for him not to be "OMG BARGS SUX LOLZ". No one has stepped up to the plate outside of that guy who said 2 pts, 1 reb. I think that was a troll post though...

WTF?

dunk11.gif

LuchaShaq

Banned
Wow it only took 3 games. I wish the posts had swung in the other direction when the Knicks started out on fire. Really disingenuous to rip Bargs when he came into camp not in basketball shape due to the injuries/illness he had in summer.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to post what line would Bargs have to put up for him not to be "OMG BARGS SUX LOLZ". No one has stepped up to the plate outside of that guy who said 2 pts, 1 reb. I think that was a troll post though...

Unless Bargs plays like a borderline all star it was a horrible trade.

28 teams would have demanded toronto GIVE away a first round pick to take Bargnani. Only the Knicks and maybe the wizards are incompetent enough to give away a first for him.

Ujiri probably creamed his fucking shorts when he realized the knicks were giving not taking a first rounder during negotiations.

At this point even for literally 10% of the money Byron Mullens is a FAR superior player on both sides of the ball.

Forever

Banned
Bennet looks so bad. He looks, skill and athleticism wise, like a guy you take in the teens or late 1st round.

They say he was physically dominant in college. He probably just needs conditioning. And something for that sleep apnea.

Still in all likelihood a waste of a first pick. Cavs should have traded down if they wanted Bennett.

28 teams would have demanded toronto GIVE away a first round pick to take Bargnani. Only the Knicks and maybe the wizards are incompetent enough to give away a first for him.

Ujiri probably creamed his fucking shorts when he realized the knicks were giving not taking a first rounder during negotiations.
We've been through that already, though. Knicks current hierarchy doesn't values late-round 1sts like the Walsh regime, even Grunwald really didn't care about them (they seem not to give fucks about buying them though...). That trade was Grunwald baby, and he's one of the better Euro scouts in the league. He felt that there was something worth salvaging in Bargs. Sucks, but what can you do.

Just evaluating the players given up, if Bargs can put up 13-15 per and 4-5 rebounds in the 26-28 minutes he'll get per game, he'll have an impact. It's obvious he's not in great shape/rhythm now and the coaching staff have said they'll try to have him play through it. Didn't seem to want to do that Sunday though.

They say he was physically dominant in college. He probably just needs conditioning. And something for that sleep apnea.

Still in all likelihood a waste of a first pick. Cavs should have traded down if they wanted Bennett.

lots of SF/PF tweeners looked physically dominant in college. Guys like Marcus Fizer and Kenny Thomas. You have to be elite athletically though (like Barkley, or, even Paul Milsapp) to make up for it at the next level though. Bennett looks like he has a soft body and a below the rim type of game. I'm not seeing it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
We've been through that already, though. Knicks current hierarchy doesn't values late-round 1sts like the Walsh regime (they seem not to give fucks about buying them though...). Sucks, but what can you do.

It doesn't matter that they wrongly do not value first round picks. What it does matter is that they could have used that pick to draft literally noone or Jr Smith's other brother or Carmleo's cousin, and then sign Byron freaking mullens for the minimum and be a better team.

They could have traded that pick for Channing Frye and his heart problem and been a better team.

They could have probably traded that pick for Spencer Hawes and been a MUCH better team (philly would dump any of their vets for a first rounder low or not.)

They could have traded that pick for 5$ and a bag of sweaty socks and been a better team because that would mean bargs wouldn't be on the floor!

Just evaluating the players given up, if Bargs can put up 13-15 per and 4-5 rebounds in the 26-28 minutes he'll get per game, he'll have an impact. It's obvious he's not in great shape/rhythm now and the coaching staff have said they'll try to have him play through it. Didn't seem to want to do that Sunday though

13-15 and 4-5 are you out of your mind? You're lucky to get what little production you are getting now.

Branduil

Physically dominant in the MWC.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

it was a first rounder swap. The nuggets already had a claim on that pick. The Barg deal makes sense as part of a 2015 knicks salary dump. Camby and Novak's contract were for too long for that work. In 2015 even with melo at a kobe max the knicks will be able to go for atleat another max player (perhaps even 2 if they move amare prior to 2015 and then let the rest expire) and then resign key role players with bird rights. main reason I want to believe they don't trade shump prior.

it makes sense when the Grunwald was considered a cba expert. Only difference between 2010 and 2015 is the knicks aren't bragging about the room on their salary cap.

Knicks instagram feed just called Charles Smith a knick legend.

Fuck charles smith.
Yeah fuck Charles Smith. Soft bum.
it was a first rounder swap. The nuggets already had a claim on that pick. The Barg deal makes sense as part of a 2015 knicks salary dump. Camby and Novak's contract were for too long for that work. In 2015 even with melo at a kobe max the knicks will be able to go for atleat another max player (perhaps even 2 if they move amare prior to 2015 and then let the rest expire) and then resign key role players with bird rights. main reason I want to believe they don't trade shump prior.
Plus they just picked up his option, at the very least they can let his value rise. Personally I think they keep him.

Over/under on Frankman moving out of the Bargnani denial stage? I'm saying February.

I've repeatedly said the trade was kinda dumb. Now it's about what can the guy contribute in an environment where he doesn't have to be The Man playing alongside The Man. Why don't you post some realistic numbers so when he eclipses them I can call you out? Every Raptors fan wants to rip the guy right now, it's hilarious. The dude will give moments to clown him, can we not make up others?

I've repeatedly said the trade was kinda dumb. Now it's about what can the guy contribute in an environment where he doesn't have to be The Man playing alongside The Man. Why don't you post some realistic numbers so when he eclipses them I can call you out?

That's the whole thing. There are no realistic numbers where he doesn't suck. Aside from a couple of 2 week stretches across 6 years he's never not sucked. He's always a net negative on the court once you drill down into the numbers.

If he becomes a league average for his position per-minute rebounder, reaches a league average for his position on TS% and is not consistently one of the league's worst defenders, then you can say he doesn't suck. But he's never managed any of those things in his career because as you will learn, he doesn't really care and mostly got into basketball because he's 7' and can tie his shoes.

Jeff-DSA

Local media is already running a "how to enjoy a Jazz losing season" story. Yeah, we're not pretending that we'll be anything this year, like the Knicks are.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I've repeatedly said the trade was kinda dumb. Now it's about what can the guy contribute in an environment where he doesn't have to be The Man playing alongside The Man. Why don't you post some realistic numbers so when he eclipses them I can call you out? Every Raptors fan wants to rip the guy right now, it's hilarious. The dude will give moments to clown him, can we not make up others?

There was never a point in Bargnani's career where he ever could've been the man.

I'll empathize with you - because I defended Tyrus Thomas for a while. But even Tyrus was a better "he might 'get it' one day" prospect than Bargnani.

diehard

Fleer
Local media is already running a "how to enjoy a Jazz losing season" story. Yeah, we're not pretending that we'll be anything this year, like the Knicks are.

Honestly so far im kinda liking it.. the team is still fun to watch and plays hard. Plus there is no huge disappointment in losing to some bad team ect ect..

DY_nasty

Honestly so far im kinda liking it.. the team is still fun to watch and plays hard. Plus there is no huge disappointment in losing to some bad team ect ect..

Tanking isn't bad at all when you've got actual prospects on your team.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

lowered-expectations.jpg

but your still trying to talk trash....

There was never a point in Bargnani's career where he ever could've been the man.

I'll empathize with you - because I defended Tyrus Thomas for a while. But even Tyrus was a better "he might 'get it' one day" prospect than Bargnani.
I'm not even saying he might get "IT" - he'll never be a 20 point, 8 rebound guy, and he never was. It's now about in the 26-28 minutes he'll get per game, how to maximize his talents so that he's a positive on the court. There were some good things he did on Sunday, hopefully he starts to be more confident.

It's funny, his shot from 2 point range has been very good so far. It's the 3 point shot he hasn't managed to get working.

EDIT: And Toronto drafted him in the 1st to be The Man.
but your still trying to talk trash....
See you tryin' to be all logical and shit, yo.

DY_nasty

If the Knicks can't be the Bobcats without Al Jefferson...

Man, yal gonna be feelin some type of way

Top Bottom