• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Great W after last nights shameful game.

giri

Why is he starting over Thompson?

They're actually trying to develop some young talent and evaluate what they realistically have moving forward. At this point in time, JT is a known entity. Patterson isn't. That and it works better as a rotation.

It's radical, particularly for the kings. But it seems like they're trying to figure out the hot mess of a roster and make decisions based on that.

why is Vasquez starting over Isaiah?

Isaiah can score better, hence why he's on the bench as a guess. Vasquez did have a great season last year though, and he's not completely out sized against other starting guards.

With four games in five nights we grabbed three of em. Only the Lakers and Heat have also played five games and the played opening night. Saturdays rematch against the clips should be interesting.

1459914_634503656600923_2058733164_n.png

:(

cdyhybrid

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 1m
Greatest fans in basketball were about 3,000 shy of selling out their third home game of the season tonight in Sacramento.

Rockets have won 2 out of 3 road games this season. We're back baby! Now please stay healthy Patrick Beverly. Also Dwight was 9-12 from the line today and 10-13 from the field. hnnnnnnnnng

Smokey

good road trip

i am going to enjoy being at thursdays game vs. lakers. can't wait to watch nick young play in person. da future

giri

when they could have had David Lee for the same price. Sure they couldn't have traded away 20 draft picks for Melo, but still.

Actually, now that i think about it. If Amare had signed with the suns, he wouldn't be getting paid due to the minute minimums he had to meet.

lol.

Pkaz01

The current status of Amar'e and Nash makes me :(.

Come back for a small contract and retire as suns! we have as many wins as both your teams combined!

seriously wtf we have beat two western conference teams that are in contention to make the playoffs, one on the road without our best player and we can't even get a mention on nba.com or anything from the media. Eat a dick Chad Ford with your Suns won't win a game in the west this year we won all our games from the west.

I know they'll come back down to earth and the losses will pile up by the end of the season like it did for the bobcats and magic last year but fuck it this team is playing hard and its way better to watch than last year.

exarkun

Rockets bayby! Too kewl for school!

Just heard the Kevin Martin comments about playing for the timberwolves, where he said hes having fun, and that no one on the current team is about breaking scoring records. So is he talking shit about the Thunder? Couldn't tell

I watched up into the mid third and the Rockets really don't look that good. They don't seem to be doing anything more than iso-ball with the occasional P & R. Lins ball handling is still weak.

giri

The current status of Amar'e and Nash makes me :(.

Come back for a small contract and retire as suns! we have as many wins as both your teams combined!

seriously wtf we have beat two western conference teams that are in contention to make the playoffs, one on the road without our best player and we can't even get a mention on nba.com or anything from the media. Eat a dick Chad Ford with your Suns won't win a game in the west this year we won all our games from the west.

I know they'll come back down to earth and the losses will pile up by the end of the season like it did for the bobcats and magic last year but fuck it this team is playing hard and its way better to watch than last year.

Oh yeah, much more fun than last year. Last year was just sad.

Bledsoe gon get a max at this rate. averaging something like 22ppg, 6rrb 8ast. (on terrible shooting %'s)

Pkaz01

Oh yeah, much more fun than last year. Last year was just sad.

Bledsoe gon get a max at this rate. averaging something like 22ppg, 6rrb 8ast. (on terrible shooting %'s)

His fg % went up a lot after shooting 10/12 today.

He is at 22 pts 6rbs 7.6 assists 2 steals on 50% shooting. The only bad thing is his 5.4 turnovers.

Either way that is def max money and he is definitely a contender for MIP. Let's see what happens to those numbers when Dragic comes back I think there will be a dip in assists and maybe points but the turnovers should drop and the shooting percentage should go up.

For his first 5 games as a starter though? Very impressive.

giri

His fg % went up a lot after shooting 10/12 today.

He is at 22 pts 6rbs 7.6 assists 2 steals on 50% shooting. The only bad thing is his 5.4 turnovers.

Either way that is def max money and he is definitely a contender for MIP. Let's see what happens to those numbers when Dragic comes back I think there will be a dip in assists and maybe points but the turnovers should drop and the shooting percentage should go up.

For his first 5 games as a starter though? Very impressive.

I'll say, he's doing better than i thought. I was dreading what he might be.

Always thought he was a starter, but never wanted to be the team that tried to prove it.

He is 24 this season though, so he's not really "young" anymore. Thats the biggest downside.

Pkaz01

I'll say, he's doing better than i thought. I was dreading what he might be.

Always thought he was a starter, but never wanted to be the team that tried to prove it.

He is 24 this season though, so he's not really "young" anymore. Thats the biggest downside.

Yea but lets say he enters his prime at 27 that gives us enough time to get a real good team together. Len and Goodwin will be more developed by then, who knows what happens to Plumlee and we still have all those draft picks to make next year that we can develop as well.

As far as Dragic goes I say we keep him at the SG position. Bledsoe reminds me of westbrook and we need a playmaker next to him to cut down the turnovers and keep the defenses on their toes. When the three point shots aren't hitting and Bledsoe is the only playmaker out there the offense gets really bad.

Forever

Banned
Thank you Based Celtics for that fucking trade.

Kevin Garnett’s teammates could tell he was seething. From the locker room, to the bus, until the Nets boarded their plane at Orlando International Airport on Sunday night, everyone gave Garnett plenty of space.

Then, Garnett gave them an earful.

“Nothing that I’d like to share or repeat,” Garnett said of his talk with the team after an embarrassing loss to Orlando. “But we’re trying to form something here … and it’s just consistency.

“I was just letting them know that consistency is the difference between great teams and OK teams. That was the message.”

“Orlando was totally failed effort,” Garnett said. “I don’t even want to comment on that.”

So after Garnett gave his teammates a tongue-lashing on the team plane, the Nets got back to work at practice Monday. It wasn’t a long practice, but it was an intense one.

“We had a great practice,” Williams said. “And I think it carried over.”

“We all were disappointed,” Williams said of the loss to Orlando. “And I think KG is a great leader, no matter what the circumstances are. When we look at ourselves and what we want to be as a team, we know that we can’t play that way. We can’t have games like those.”

Cousins back to his inconsistent ways. It didn't take long. It's all mental with that dude. Can you imagine if Jordan was on his team? He'll make that dude cry and wished he was never born.

do you guys remember when baron davis sucked a lot less

i will always remember that bastard singlehandedly destroying the heat in the early 2000s playoffs :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cousins back to his inconsistent ways. It didn't take long. It's all mental with that dude. Can you imagine if Jordan was on his team? He'll make that dude cry and wished he was never born.
He'd probably get alone great with MJ

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
do you guys remember when baron davis sucked a lot less

i will always remember that bastard singlehandedly destroying the heat in the early 2000s playoffs :(

Hornet/Pelican B.Davis was amazing..

That and good defense. There were multiple occasions where he got a great entry pass within 6 feet of the basket and didn't finish because he couldn't elevate and get the ball past Horford's arms.

I'd trade Jefferson and our two firsts from Portland/Detroit for Cousins. They probably want a high lottery pick for him though, to which I say hell nah.

Top Bottom