• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Smokey

I watched up into the mid third and the Rockets really don't look that good. They don't seem to be doing anything more than iso-ball with the occasional P & R. Lins ball handling is still weak.

You mean a team that added a new piece in the off season that has a drastic effect on their style doesn't look good? New news. Didn't your a squad struggle in their first year? And I think the Rox are off to a better start than those heatles in their first year.

They turn the ball over way too much. Harden plays when he decides to play. Lin is Lin. But here we are at 4-1.

This won't even be the same squad come the trade deadline. In the words of your leader Pheeniks, it's November bruh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lf_w0olusA

MJs crib for auction. Say what you want about his fashion taste but damn MJs house is next level. It seems alot more tasteful than most rich people house I see around.

You mean a team that added a new piece in the off season that has a drastic effect on their style doesn't look good? New news. Didn't your a squad struggle in their first year? And I think the Rox are off to a better start than those heatles in their first year.

They turn the ball over way too much. Harden plays when he decides to play. Lin is Lin. But here we are at 4-1.

This won't even be the same squad come the trade deadline. In the words of your leader Pheeniks, it's November bruh.

Just observations man. I came in this year saying that the Rockets look like the fourth-fifth best team in the West and I was swore up and down around here that they're gonna just wreck shit. 4-1 is whatever but still I don't see it. Im sure they'll get better but not even attempting to run offense at this point is worrying just like it was for the Heat.

It won't be too bad, it's kinda like the Ravens/Browns history

That makes us the Browns unfortunately. I read that the plan was for us to own the Hornets history up until when they left for New Orleans. The years the Hornets played in New Orleans will belong to the Pelicans.

Cheddahz

Banned
That makes us the Browns unfortunately. I read that the plan was for us to own the Hornets history up until when they left for New Orleans. The years the Hornets played in New Orleans will belong to the Pelicans.

Ok, wow...that is confusing

So basically all of the glory years the Hornets had belong to the Bobcats?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Maybe if the Knicks only win one game Dolan is forced to step down.

A man can dream.

Dolan owns the team. Unless he sells it, there isn't any stepping down.

The only step Dolan needs to see is the one his jaw gets planted on. When the man speaks, it makes my blood boil and my hairs stand. Having his jaw sewn shut would be a holy honor for us Knicks fans.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Smokey

Just observations man. I came in this year saying that the Rockets look like the fourth-fifth best team in the West and I was swore up and down around here that they're gonna just wreck shit. 4-1 is whatever but still I don't see it. Im sure they'll get better but not even attempting to run offense at this point is worrying just like it was for the Heat.

The starting lineup consists of Asik and Howard. You won't run shit for Asik. Howard just sticks his hand up and the ball gets thrown to him. That leaves chandler, Lin, and Harden. Harden is a beast in PnR. Lin is leading the league in driving the lane or something like that. Parsons waits on 3pt line for a lockout or slash. Bench mob comes in and does the same. The shooters wait for slash and kickouts. Howard did have 29 and 13. Harden had 33. If you're not satisfied with that then.. *shrug*

It is basic and may not look pretty but it hasn't been too bad so far. There's vast room for improvement. Their turnovers are out of line, but some of that is due to not being used to having a big guy like dwight down low. To beat the rockets all you need to do is literally run screens all day. Or throw a zone on them.

It should smooth out. And like I said this isn't even the squads final form.

Ok, wow...that is confusing

So basically all of the glory years the Hornets had belong to the Bobcats?

Yep, they belong to the HornCats. As it should be.

Edit: If I were MJ I'd just throw a Hornets jersey with Wallace and Okafor's names on them in the rafters and just disavow that the Bobcats ever existed.

Smokey

The only step Dolan needs to see is the one his jaw gets planted on. When the man speaks, it makes my blood boil and my hairs stand. Having his jaw sewn shut would be a holy honor for us Knicks fans.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Losing to the cats will make you salty. Especially with as many Capable Players that are on that Knicks roster.

Cheddahz

Banned
My parents live in Charlotte and I'll tell you, everyone is excited that the Bobcats are becoming the Hornets again, though I doubt it's actually going to help their team

Jag

MJs crib for auction. Say what you want about his fashion taste but damn MJs house is next level. It seems alot more tasteful than most rich people house I see around.

That's what I don't get about Bron's place. Seems tiny for what he's worth. I know it's on the water and biking distance from the AA, but I just thought he would get something more impressive...unless he's not planning on staying there long term.

I thought you guys had some decent seasons with Mourning and Glen Rice, no?

Yep, from 93 to 2002 we were in the playoffs 7 times.

Edit: I actually think the name change will help us a great deal. The Bobcats are the Browns of the NBA, the name is synonymous with losing. Most players and fans would prefer to not be associated with that, and after a while that kind of attitude just sticks to you.

Fox318

Yes, I'm bitter.

So what you are saying is that curb stomping is the Knicks only hope?

I thought Dolan was the President of MSG and now that they went public theoretically the board could oust him.

Are the Knicks really dumb enough to extend Melo if he opts out?

They are just a couple of years from being able to clear their books. As good as Melo is--there clearly is no hope there for truly competing. They have a chance to embrace a true tank.

Smokey

They are just a couple of years from being able to clear their books. As good as Melo is--there clearly is no hope there for truly competing. They have a chance to embrace a true tank.

They don't have have a first rounder...

I wonder how many games under .500 they'd have to be to think about trading Melo before he leaves in free agency or they have to give him a crippling contract.

It's Dolan. He's lost his mind over Brooklyn, he's not going to sign off on a tank.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Well, Melo is going to have to play not terribly for the Knicks to win any games in the next six weeks.

Melo isn't the issue. He was getting hacked and double teamed, a lot of his missed attempts were fouls, which he converted 10/10 last night. I have a problem with Tim Hardaway Jr and Felton shooting so many 3s yesterday. The jank is strong with those two and no one is doing anything to stop it.

Yes, they should tank without an pick in the upcoming draft. Amazing logic.

image.php

Cheddahz

Banned
The Knicks don't really have anyone to build their future on and it's more or less their fault for agreeing to that Carmelo trade

They don't have have a first rounder...

Just checked their situation and I can't believe they owe Denver a first-round pick in 2016 as well, what the hell, lol.

They do still have their 2015 pick so they could tank for Okafor and Turner without Melo for that year, but they'd have to trade Chandler too to do that.

masud

Banned
That familiar Knick fan feeling is coming back...

Tanking in New York? Lol we don't do that shit here! Besides we don't have a pick the year everyone comes off the books so the Knicks are just gonna sign a bunch of big contracts to "contend" anyway.

Tyson gone until December?

Great.

Luckily we have crippled Amare, lolgnani, and short K-Mart to help out!

...well, at least I still have the Jets!

fuck

WTF, why won't our tank start?! Quit sucking dick, rest of the league! I'm still in football mode so it feels like these few games matter but still plenty left to lose. At least these guys are fun to watch. It just feels like games without Dragic are prime for the tank effort and we've been blowing that haha Glad to see Bledsoe living up to some of that hype though it will be interesting to see how his inevitable pay day impacts things next year.

Branduil

Every time I feel bad about the Mavs not getting any superstars the last two years, I think about the Knicks and feel better.

Top Bottom