• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Tanking in New York? Lol we don't do that shit here! Besides we don't have a pick the year everyone comes off the books so the Knicks are just gonna sign a bunch of big contracts to "contend" anyway.

And thus, the cycle repeats ad infinitum.

Forever

Banned
I don't even have it in me to make fun of the Knicks when they're this down. Also I actually like Chandler. Might be the only Knick I do like. Hate to see him get hurt, but he wouldn't have stopped them from sucking.

linsivvi

WTF, why won't our tank start?! Quit sucking dick, rest of the league! I'm still in football mode so it feels like these few games matter but still plenty left to lose. At least these guys are fun to watch. It just feels like games without Dragic are prime for the tank effort and we've been blowing that haha Glad to see Bledsoe living up to some of that hype though it will be interesting to see how his inevitable pay day impacts things next year.

Because a lot of teams are stealth tanking already.

Tanks don't really start until December.

True but when you're projected to be as bad as the Suns and Sixers were you expect it out the gate and all season long. In the least when our best player is out which is the main reason I'm puzzled. Dragic has barely played and yet we win. Most puzzling of all was Dragic missing half the game against the Thunder in OKC and we still nearly won, with YNB playing and looking healthy...wtf?

Forever

Banned
In other news Brook Lopez has a 30.83 PER, second only to Chris Paul.

Kanter and Favors are probably eager to forget what happened last night.

I clearly was talking about a 2015 tank, in which they do own their pick for that year.

Them not having a 2016 pick is crazy though.

No you weren't, be more specific next time if you don't want people to jump all over you.

Brandan Wright, Wayne Ellington, Shane Larkin, and a pick for Tyson Chandler. Who says no?

A better question is who says yes?

Over/Under 11 minutes of play for Valanciunas in the second half tonight.

Under since the coach is bipolar

Judderman

drawer by drawer
BYMo7_KCcAEdHjr.jpg-large.jpeg

Yeah...

Sage advice. Teach me the ways of the tank, cat fans.

The best way to tank is to have poor depth or to be so bad at a single position that it makes it really hard to consistently compete. You guys are both young and have poor depth outside of the PG position. As the season wears on your guys are pretty much guaranteed to be really bad defensively.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Does it even matter if bargs has to play 32+ min?

Melo-amare-bargs lineup for long stretches. Knicks may not make the playoffs.

Melo will have to honestly play the best ball of his career to get wins if amare/bargs are 20 mpg+ each. I mean like averaging 33-9-5 and the best d of his career.

I hate that melo is going to get all the blame for this shit roster. He should bail when he's a free agent.

The best way to tank is to have poor depth or to be so bad at a single position that it makes it really hard to consistently compete. You guys are both young and have poor depth outside of the PG position. As the season wears on your guys are pretty much guaranteed to be really bad defensively.

We are already struggling to defend in the paint so this is probably likely. We have a lot of hungry youngsters though.

We are already struggling to defend in the paint so this is probably likely. We have a lot of hungry youngsters though.

Yep, both you and Boston are going to be crippled by interior D. It's a good strategy, it's pretty much what we followed. Although we probably took it a bit too far.

Edit: Diaw and Tyrus both quitting on us didn't really help things.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It's like nobody could've predicted the Knicks being a mess.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's such a weird way to get hurt though... I could've sworn Kemba took the worst of it.

Pkaz01

True but when you're projected to be as bad as the Suns and Sixers were you expect it out the gate and all season long. In the least when our best player is out which is the main reason I'm puzzled. Dragic has barely played and yet we win. Most puzzling of all was Dragic missing half the game against the Thunder in OKC and we still nearly won, with YNB playing and looking healthy...wtf?
I dont think those projections are going to pan out. Boston is blatantly tanking hardcore i think they really will end up with the worst record and rondo will be shipped out asap.

We will still finish within the bottom five so we still have a chance at a top 3 pick.

Orlando started off really strong last year they ended with the worst record by the time it was over

Im not worried, just enjoying the moment and the potential. And fuck chad ford.

At least it'll force Woodson to play better rotations. D is going to suck anyway unless Aldrich turns into a 1st Team All-NBA Defender, so play big/small whatever.

Knicks going to need to just survive this stretch.

Top Bottom