• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

820144314.gif

Forever

Banned
"YNB rushing back from injury is a big mistake, :lol Blunder!" - GAF

You realize the argument people were making was that he's going to end up compensating to do all that, and eventually incur another injury because of it? A little early for you to be popping bottles.

"Kendrick Perkins is a valuable player"
"Serge Ibaka is only 22 he's well worth $12 million a year (and losing Harden)"
"Scotty Brooks is a good head coach!"
-Gondo

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
-Gondo

"Signing Harden to a long-term contract would've cost us the flexibility to keep roleplayers like Jeremy Lamb and Derek Fisher."

-Gondo

LuchaShaq

Banned
-Gondo

Hey Perkins for the minimum just for post d/size as your fifth big would be great value. Well I'd still rather have perk than garbagani

reilo

And pretty sure every person said that if Westbrook turns out just fine, he would be THE exception. It still doesn't change the fact that it's a bad idea to cut your rehab by a whole month short.

KingGondo

Banned
You realize the argument people were making was that he's going to end up compensating to do all that, and eventually incur another injury because of it? A little early for you to be popping bottles.
Everyone was assuming he's rushing back, when in reality he's been weight training for months and his latest surgery was precautionary to clean up a loose stitch in his knee.

Tonight's game was a blast to watch and gave me a lot of hope for this season and the near future, I'm not letting Best-GAF ruin that.

LuchaShaq said:
Well I'd still rather have perk than garbagani
That can be arranged.

reilo

His original timetable is still A MONTH out for his SECOND knee surgery in the same summer.

Branduil

The Thunder aren't going to get away with elbowing Lebron in the head or grabbing Harden every time he drives the ball. Plus other teams actually play defense.

giri

"YNB rushing back from injury is a big mistake, :lol Blunder!" - GAF

Uhh... it is.

The compensation injuries won't appear instantly, but they really can. See Amare's back. Dwights Back. etc etc etc Those are actually the nastier ones. They're really hard to correct.

Never said he'd re-injure himself in the first game.

I hope it doesn't happen for him though. And OKC's sake.That fanbase does turn out consistently for that team. Can't deny that.

]"YNB rushing back from injury is a big mistake, :lol Blunder![/B]" - GAF

P.S. If Adams and Lamb play like this and continue to improve, we're not gonna skip a beat this year. Exciting to see the young guys have good moments.

Im not sure what you think you're proving. If he goes down next week for the same knee, god forbid, then what? Are you still vindicated or are westbrook and the OKC staff still a bunch a dumbfucks?

reilo

HPbasketball: Chicago had a 38% eFG% with Hibbert on the floor. A 38% REB%. Outscored by FORTY TWO POINTS PER 100 POSSESSIONS w/ Roy on the floor.

o_O

exarkun

are the jazz tanking on purpose or do they just suck?

Also, Klay looked like a man tonight. Teams are gonna have to learn to stay home on those shooters when playing golden state.

I really hope the Heat don't have to play the Pacers at all in the playoffs and hope someone else knocks them out. Not only are they a hard ass opponent, but every time we play them it's fucking awful basketball that's torturous even in a win

Forever

Banned
My ideal playoff scenario is crushing Dolan's dreams in the first round, revenge on the Bulls in the second round, while the Heat go through the Pacers before meeting us in the ECF.

Sadly with the way the Knicks are going we'll probably need the first seed to achieve this.

Jeff-DSA

My ideal playoff scenario is crushing Dolan's dreams in the first round, revenge on the Bulls in the second round, while the Heat go through the Pacers before meeting us in the ECF.

Sadly with the way the Knicks are going we'll probably need the first seed to achieve this.

First seed plays the 8th seed, not the 10th.

Im pretty sure the nets want to face us as early in the playoffs as possible. Pierce and KG have looked old and slow the last two playoff runs, that usually doesnt get better as you get older.

Forever

Banned
Im pretty sure the nets want to face us as early in the playoffs as possible. Pierce and KG have looked old and slow the last two playoff runs, that usually doesnt get better as you get older.

In those years they had to carry their team during the regular season, right now they're practically hibernating.

charsace

Got to play a little bit of 2k14 the last few nights. The game is still crap. Tying the dribble moves and the shot stick to one stick with no modifier button is stupid. Insanely stupid. Its still easy to beat people off the dribble. Now though you can try for a layup and get a stutter step. So damn stupid.

Westlo

God damn Vucevic is a beast, and we could've had him if we traded out one of Chalmers and Cole (and I'm guessing their first pick back as well), that's a fucking massive L.

Also fuck SpoBot for playing Rashard Lewis 21 minutes and Supercool only 3, lmao @ defense being the reason when Rashard's defense has been atrocious period the last season and a bit.

Also smh @ that joel anthony contract.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

You would need the 1st seed anyway to avoid playing both the Pacers and Heat before ECF. Unless you're expecting one of them to drop to the 4th or 5th seed by the end.

Top Bottom