• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Got to play a little bit of 2k14 the last few nights. The game is still crap. Tying the dribble moves and the shot stick to one stick with no modifier button is stupid. Insanely stupid. Its still easy to beat people off the dribble. Now though you can try for a layup and get a stutter step. So damn stupid.

Or you know, just press the face button for shooting.

If you are beating humans off the bounce, how is that 2Ks problem, exactly?

Hunter doesn't play on hall of fame. It's the only reason he still thinks he can abuse the spin move

which is also the reason he hates the lack of a modifier button. that spin move sure is harder to pull off now without picking up your dribble!

Got to play a little bit of 2k14 the last few nights. The game is still crap. Tying the dribble moves and the shot stick to one stick with no modifier button is stupid. Insanely stupid. Its still easy to beat people off the dribble. Now though you can try for a layup and get a stutter step. So damn stupid.

its better than any of the iteration that VC has developed in the last 5yrs.
you can punish abusers with solid defense, if you try to push an issue (i.e., go hard left) even though the defense has beaten you there first, either you as the ballhandler will get pushed back and or shot selection will be shit. also spin move is harder to pull off.
so overall defense/offense is a bit more balanced, the only thing that's weak in this yr is the fucking rebounds and loose ball. its almost like boxing out isn't worth a damn in this game and the cpu is too fucking stupid to grab a loose ball.
ps4 users will enjoy the graphics, but the gamplay will bring them back to earf with all the stupid weaknesses VC wont fix.
edit: oh and the biggest pet peve in this game is the momentum implementation, if the opponent has the momentum, good luck getting a defensive rebound! lol :mad:

Smokey

You're bad at 2k tho.

its better than any of the iteration that VC has developed in the last 5yrs.
you can punish abusers with solid defense, if you try to push an issue (i.e., go hard left) even though the defense has beaten you there first, either you as the ballhandler will get pushed back and or shot selection will be shit. also spin move is harder to pull off.
so overall defense/offense is a bit more balanced, the only thing that's weak in this yr is the fucking rebounds and loose ball. its almost like boxing out isn't worth a damn in this game and the cpu is too fucking stupid to grab a loose ball.
ps4 users will enjoy the graphics, but the gamplay will bring them back to earf with all the stupid weaknesses VC wont fix.
edit: oh and the biggest pet peve in this game is the momentum implementation, if the opponent has the momentum, good luck getting a defensive rebound! lol :mad:

I have Howard and Asik. No rebounding problems here! Defense does have some stopping ability this year though which is good.

Here's updated 2k14 list:

NBA2K14 list

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*

I'm going off of the assumption that there will be an online association. But 2k hasn't really mentioned it...so if there isn't then I guess we won't have one.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Roy Hibbert on twitter saying he's getting DPOY and Paul George getting the MVP

aSGGIwE.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm excited to see us play the Pacers this year. It should be a good barometer to see how much we've progressed.
Ugh

I have no urge to watch that game at all.

Also, I kinda miss Dunlap's offense from last year.

diehard

Fleer
are the jazz tanking on purpose or do they just suck?

Players don't tank on purpose, management does (with a few exceptions).

Jazz have a handful of good players and the rest are net negatives...

RJ is bad, Tinsley and JLIII are beyond awful (teams guard them like Rondo on the perimeter) Ian Clark hasnt hit a 3 yet, and Brandon Rush looked terrible in the game he played.

Jazz season has been fairly successful so far.. Kanter, Burks, Hayward and Favors have all looked pretty good overall and we are still getting losses to get a top 3 pick which is IMO where you need to be this draft.

Omega

Banned

NBA2K14 list

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*

I'm going off of the assumption that there will be an online association. But 2k hasn't really mentioned it...so if there isn't then I guess we won't have one.

for PS4?

You're bad at 2k tho.

I have Howard and Asik. No rebounding problems here! Defense does have some stopping ability this year though which is good.

NBA2K14 list

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*

DCX da god?

I'm starting to get excited

Edit: I'm sorry to say it Smokey, but I think I'm going with xbone ;_;

h3ro

still torn ;-/

we'll see
Xbox gonna watch you dougie.

Too many PS3/360 games left for me to play and the only launch game I actually want is Forza. Gonna hold off buying either right now and just watch gaming side implode in on itself like the knicks.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I think I'm going to end up getting 2K14 for PS4. It looks reeaaally good. :|

My first 2K game since NFL 2K2.

KingGondo

Banned
Still buzzing from that game last night.

We... we...

We have a center now. A REAL center, who can run, and catch, and rebound, and make layups... And I thought he'd spend the whole year in Tulsa.

MVP Pioneer said:
Bruh, lets not get too carried away just because you're in first place right now
He's allowed to get carried away, he's a Bobkittens fan FFS.

Ugh

I have no urge to watch that game at all.

Also, I kinda miss Dunlap's offense from last year.

It was more fun to watch, but I think what Clifford is running fits our team better. We're not strong shooting or in isolation so we need to move the ball around and deliberately pick our spots. Once we can find an upgrade for Hendo and Zeller puts on some man muscles we'll be able to open up the floor more to create room for Kemba and MKG to attack. We should be a lot more fun to watch when that happens. The good thing in the short-term about Cliff's offense is that it should really help to develop the team's passing skills. And considering how unselfish our team is (not counting Hendo and Sessions) I think we can make some huge strides in that department during the season.

NBA2K14 list

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*

Can you add me to the list?

I'm sorry to say it Smokey, but I think I'm going with xbone ;_;
Lol Xbone

It was more fun to watch, but I think what Clifford is running fits our team better. We're not strong shooting or in isolation so we need to move the ball around and deliberately pick our spots. Once we can find an upgrade for Hendo and Zeller puts on some man muscles we'll be able to open up the floor more to create room for Kemba and MKG to attack. We should be a lot more fun to watch when that happens. The good thing in the short-term about Cliff's offense is that it should really help to develop the team's passing skills. And considering how unselfish our team is (not counting Hendo and Sessions) I think we can make some huge strides in that department during the season.

The Cats would have to be the unluckiest team in the world to not get Exum at a minimum.

Exum would solve so many problems for you guys. His shooting needs to improve but his ability to create shots for others at the two will minimize some of Kembas negatives.

A Kemba/Adult version of Zeller will be hard to stop. Zeller is weak as shit right now, that's all that's holding him back. He just needs an off-season or two to put on weight.

This.

This is an expert tank.

Lose by less than 5, in the game till the last 15 seconds.

Gotta do this more often lads.

Also, at the rate plumlee is going he's going to get a max offer from NY.

This! Entertaining, down to the wire, multiple players stepping up and performing well, but we still lose towards our bid for Wiggins/Randle. The perfect game for this season. Although it's hard to imagine many teams beating us right now the way we are playing and we'll only get better when Dragic is back. This tank could be slow going for a while.

lol at Plumlee comment.

Forever

Banned
I'm glad that Plumlee is doing well on the Suns, since his brother was considered a better prospect and we've got him stashed away for the long term.

How has he looked against other legit big men?

Cheddahz

Banned
Still buzzing from that game last night.

We... we...

We have a center now. A REAL center, who can run, and catch, and rebound, and make layups... And I thought he'd spend the whole year in Tulsa

The first center that came to my mind was Hasheem Thabeet, but I just saw that Steven Adams did well last night

MVP

Banned
Roy Hibbert on twitter saying he's getting DPOY and Paul George getting the MVP

That's why I hate these clowns...go on their little 5 game lucky streak and all of a sudden they have the MVP and DPOY on their team...Miami should've just smashed them in 5 games, looks like their limited success against a tired Heat team went to their heads.

The Cats would have to be the unluckiest team in the world to not get Exum at a minimum.

Exum would solve so many problems for you guys. His shooting needs to improve but his ability to create shots for others at the two will minimize some of Kembas negatives.

A Kemba/Adult version of Zeller will be hard to stop. Zeller is weak as shit right now, that's all that's holding him back. He just needs an off-season or two to put on weight.

I feel good about us possibly moving up a spot or two, but I don't think that will be enough to put us in the top 4. Which is where we'd have to be take Exum I think. James Young, Mario Hezonja, and Wayne Selden should all be in play for us though and I think they'd all be upgrades over Henderson.

I'm kind of shocked by how good Paul George has gotten

It's like I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop

If he keeps up this level of play he's probably better than Durant...

Forever

Banned
Mike Woodson is a broken man.

According to a source, Woodson was taken aback by Dolan’s “win-now” edict and privately questioned why the roster didn’t include more veterans with championship DNA. Dolan, though, upset over the Knicks losing to Indiana in six games with Kidd underperforming and Wallace and Thomas out with foot injuries, was intent on bringing in younger players.

That philosophical difference isn’t uncommon between coaching staffs and management, but Dolan doesn’t work well with those who challenge his authority.

He can often be irrational, highlighted by his decision to ban — at least for now — the Knicks City Dancers performing their usual routines. They have not performed in either of the last two home games.

Dolan has a history of meeting with his head coaches after difficult losses
, and sometimes his emotions get the best of him. Mike D’Antoni stayed one step ahead when he discovered a quick escape route from the Garden on those nights when he wasn’t in the mood to listen to Dolan give the autopsy report. Eventually, he also was fired and replaced by Woodson.

Woodson has played the role of the good company man since being promoted. He accepted Dolan’s ground rules and fired his long-time agent, Keith Glass, because the Glass family had represented Dolan’s all-time adversary, Larry Brown. Woodson also allows himself to be followed by a Garden employee everywhere he goes, whether it’s at home games or on the road. Last season, the employee wouldn’t leave Woodson’s side as the coach met with family and friends outside the visiting team locker room in Atlanta. It was an awkward and uncomfortable scene.

Woodson remains close to Brown, so he knew exactly what he was getting into when he agreed to join the Knicks. But until you experience it you really never fully understand it.

“Expectations are high and they should be,” Woodson told the radio station. “I am not running from that as the coach. As the owner, Mr. Dolan being an owner of our team, he has every right to voice his opinion. This is his team, we all work for Mr. Dolan and I am happy to be a worker for Mr. Dolan.”
fgrdNNN.jpg

I'm kind of shocked by how good Paul George has gotten

It's like I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop

If he keeps up this level of play he's probably better than Durant...
Honestly durant seems a bit rattled. Maybe the numbers don't show it but he doesn't seem to have that edge to his game.

Top Bottom