• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Forever

Banned
Like I said a few days ago, it's obvious he's not happy. He has no charisma or passion left in him. He'll end up resigning or leaving the team by January.

I'm amazed that he actually allows Dolan to have his goons follow him around everywhere he goes. That is some Nixon level shit. What exactly does Dolan think Woodson is going to do if he takes his eyes off him? Try to make a run for it?

h3ro

Mike Woodson is a broken man.

fgrdNNN.jpg
His stun gauge is full. Mental guard break.

charsace

Or you know, just press the face button for shooting.

If you are beating humans off the bounce, how is that 2Ks problem, exactly?

Hunter doesn't play on hall of fame. It's the only reason he still thinks he can abuse the spin move

which is also the reason he hates the lack of a modifier button. that spin move sure is harder to pull off now without picking up your dribble!

its better than any of the iteration that VC has developed in the last 5yrs.
you can punish abusers with solid defense, if you try to push an issue (i.e., go hard left) even though the defense has beaten you there first, either you as the ballhandler will get pushed back and or shot selection will be shit. also spin move is harder to pull off.
so overall defense/offense is a bit more balanced, the only thing that's weak in this yr is the fucking rebounds and loose ball. its almost like boxing out isn't worth a damn in this game and the cpu is too fucking stupid to grab a loose ball.
ps4 users will enjoy the graphics, but the gamplay will bring them back to earf with all the stupid weaknesses VC wont fix.
edit: oh and the biggest pet peve in this game is the momentum implementation, if the opponent has the momentum, good luck getting a defensive rebound! lol :mad:

You're bad at 2k tho.

I have Howard and Asik. No rebounding problems here! Defense does have some stopping ability this year though which is good.

Here's updated 2k14 list:

NBA2K14 list

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*

I'm going off of the assumption that there will be an online association. But 2k hasn't really mentioned it...so if there isn't then I guess we won't have one.

If I gave a shit about 2k I would buy the game and own the league. Every year that played in the league I was in the playoffs.

Its easy to get past guys in this and even easier to create space for a shot now that you do it manually. The only problem I have is tying the shot stick and dribble to the same thing because it slows down my ability to pull up or layup.

KingGondo

Banned
The first center that came to my mind was Hasheem Thabeet, but I just saw that Steven Adams did well last night
And he looks better than his stats indicate.

He sets great screens, is in the right place on the floor more often than not, contests every rebound in the paint, and has great hands. He also plays with a ton of poise for his age--never looks rattled or fazed by the speed of the game.

It's only 4 games, but I'm thrilled by his play so far.

I'm kind of shocked that Ron is lasting this long in the league with pretty much zero athleticism left and possibly the worst handles in the league.

If I gave a shit about 2k I would buy the game and own the league. Every year that played in the league I was in the playoffs.

Its easy to get past guys in this and even easier to create space for a shot now that you do it manually. The only problem I have is tying the shot stick and dribble to the same thing because it slows down my ability to pull up or layup.

I agree that the new shot stick is shit.

We'll see how man defense is in the next gen version--the animation system for foot placement seems to be completely different so its hard to say.

Emwitus

I'm kind of shocked that Ron is lasting this long in the league with pretty much zero athleticism left and possibly the worst handles in the league.

I agree that the new shot stick is shit.

We'll see how man defense is in the next gen version--the animation system for foot placement seems to be completely different so its hard to say.
Metta actually has pretty good handles its just that his movements are so mechanical and its an eye sore because of it.

KingGondo

Banned
Hyperbole much?
Agreed. One of the hallmarks of Durant's game is that he plays within the game (with insane effeciency, I might add) unless he needs to take over late in a game. His statline is like clockwork. 28-31 points on 19-21 shots with 8-ish rebounds and 4 assists.

I guess people have to invent something to be critical of him for.

That's why I hate these clowns...go on their little 5 game lucky streak and all of a sudden they have the MVP and DPOY on their team...Miami should've just smashed them in 5 games, looks like their limited success against a tired Heat team went to their heads.
That gold swagger is getting to them. Miami will be holding up the gold in the end, again

Fox318

Part of me believes that Bloomberg helped moved the Nets to Brooklyn as a fuck you to Dolan for fucking over the 2012 Olympic bid.

I give the Nets 2 years and they will have the number 1 team in NYC in fans and value.

Hyperbole much?
Hyperbole? Nah. He doesn't look as sharp, honestly outside of maybe CP3 none of the top 5 guys look like they are better than last year.

Agreed. One of the hallmarks of Durant's game is that he plays within the game (with insane effeciency, I might add) unless he needs to take over late in a game. His statline is like clockwork. 28-31 points on 19-21 shots with 8-ish rebounds and 4 assists.

I guess people have to invent something to be critical of him for.
Lmao what?

Dominican Power has many wonderful qualities about him

However one that he lacks is the ability to disagree with somebody's point eloquently

You don't even know the best part: Matthews got a technical for arguing the call.

I'm old enough to be level headed most of the time, but if I was in Matthews shoes during this sequence I would have given Harden the hardest foul I could the next time down the court (without injuring him) and make sure I was ejected from the game.

Dominican Power has many wonderful qualities about him

However one that he lacks is the ability to disagree with somebody's point eloquently

NBA gaf doesn't need eloquence. This clown said that Durant looks rattled. Do you not see how stupid that is? You Heat clowns are all terrible. I can't wait until that team is dismantled so I can I see y'all scatter like roaches when the lights come on.

Fox318

2 years? lulz. C'mon son.

You really think Melo is gonna stay?

No star is gonna want to play in NY if he leaves. They will play for the Nets but nobody will want to play for a Dolan team after this shit. Melo leaves for LA, Shump demands for a trade and next thing you know Boozer and Al Jefferson are on the team.

Knicks are gonna make Jordan look like a good owner.

The Jazz have the worst record in the league?

IWMTB's draft prospect analysis is about to get DEEP

Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood playing tonight!

I don't think we'll end up as the worst once Favors' defensive effort becomes more consistent and once health allows the team to go more than 2 on 5 offensively, but we're probably going to be worse than I thought :(.

Tinsley was kind of okay last year (11 PER, .035 WS/48, best stretch of the year was with him starting). He wasn't great at all, but he was an NBA player. This year he has a -1 PER and an ORtg of 57 so far while putting up -.149 WS/48 :(

FFS, we're producing .69 PPP in spotup jumpers so far, our shooting is historically bad right now. Even if Burke plays like a literal turnstile on defense while scoring 0 points in the paint all year long, he's going to massively help this team just via being able to make wide open threes.

NBA gaf doesn't need eloquence. This clown said that Durant looks rattled. Do you not see how stupid that is? You Heat clowns are all terrible. I can't wait until that team is dismantled so I can I see y'all scatter like roaches when the lights come on.
Dude take a step back and realize that Carmelo fucking Anthony is the one thread holding your relevance above sea level. What the fuck have the Knicks been the past decade or so other than sideshow bob and his globe trotters?

TylerD

Still buzzing from that game last night.

We... we...

We have a center now. A REAL center, who can run, and catch, and rebound, and make layups... And I thought he'd spend the whole year in Tulsa.

It all feels so odd...

I got hyped about how he shrugged off the elbow from Vince and he was GOOD...

Hooray!

Top Bottom