• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

I don't want to pile on, but Dwight from last night is exactly what we had to deal with all of last year.

What is he 28? He has one post move in 10 years of NBA experience. gets stripped every time down low. Has no heart. Laughs and jokes around after getting embarrassed on the low block.

50% and below from the FT line isn't going to cut it.

Im so sorry Houston, I could see the way he was complaining on the floor last night, and it reminded me of the nightmares of last years. You guys are going to have the longest year of your life.

Smokey

I don't want to pile on, but Dwight from last night is exactly what we had to deal with all of last year.

What is he 28? He has one post move in 10 years of NBA experience. gets stripped every time down low. Has no heart. Laughs and jokes around after getting embarrassed on the low block.

50% and below from the FT line isn't going to cut it.

Im so sorry Houston, I could see the way he was complaining on the floor last night, and it reminded me of the nightmares of last years. You guys are going to have the longest year of your life.

Where were y'all when he had 17 and 26 the first game? 13 and 16 against Mavs? 29 and 13 against blazers where he was 9/12 from FT line? I mean I get last night was like lakers age pumpin and pumpin and it finally got released, but don't show up only when it's convenient for you to do so. The whole team is inconsistent, but still 4-2. They aren't very good right now but that's ok for time being. It's novembah *Pheeniks

I'm not worried about Howard. He's childish, basically no offensive game, inconsistent from FT line, no accountability. You know what you're getting with him, this isn't some new revelation.

Harden however.. Shit needs to end. His defensive effort is amazing. Blake was clowning dude. Reddick popped him in his lip. YouTube videos poppin up all over clownin him and his effort on defense. He has to be the worst perimeter defender. When Lin is a better defender than you you got probs.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yo...Patrick Ewing to give the Knicks dat L-ONG DIIICK tonight. Clifford is in the hospital.

Believe.

Emwitus

RGE58Ol.jpg

Forever

Banned
Faze, Paul Pierce might not play tonight.

If that is the case then you can look forward to Kirilenko being the one who gets you that coaching change you so dearly crave.

You guys I got my DualShock 4 in the mail just now

....what the fuck do I do with it especially since I don't have a PS4 pre-ordered yet :(

I feel bad for Lin.

Same. Sounds like hes getting shit on by everyone in the team. That one part in the 4th quarter when Harden completely ignored him trying to set a play was just infuriating to watch, then he gets chewed out for shooting the ball with like 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

I hear he's been doing well this season too but doesn't get many touches at all. I'd love to see him at Golden State or San Antonio, I feel like he'd fit in there well.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Going to be in serious jeopardy of losing Love and all because they wanted to pay a guy who can barely hit 40% from the field the supermax.

i'm so sorry rodeo
That was David Kahn hitching himself to Ricky since it was all he had. And he is really good, but right now he's shooting 28% from the field. I figure Ricky gets back up to his 40%-ish mark, he's just slumping.

This is fked up. Race is an issue with Lin's treatment. I figured he'd have become well-known and respected enough by now where he don't get treated that way but that's not the case.

the assessment about Lin is completely correct. It's crazy how other teams attack him. and it's even worse that the rockets players don't stand up for him. he was bullied by the clips and was OPENLY yelled at by several rockets players for things that weren't even his fault. CP3 would abuse whichever rocket was guarding him, but somehow whenever Lin got scored on he was given crap.

the part about Harden is completely true too. he openly broke plays and went iso. he turned it into a d measuring contest for some reason, when Omri was making everything. no way the team will contend, they are in line for a self destruct IMO.
This is terrible. This team deserves to flop, and they will. First round exit

Tell me if it feels as shitty as the DS3

Apparently it's bigger, has a tighter dead zone and real triggers now.

The symmetrical analogs are still a thing unfortunately, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

From what I hear, other than the added rumble triggers the Xbox One controller is a downgrade.

I hear he's been doing well this season too but doesn't get many touches at all. I'd love to see him at Golden State or San Antonio, I feel like he'd fit in there well.
He'd be great in GS or SA. That's the perfect type of atmosphere and team environment Lin would flourish in. This Rockets team is an unlikable, disrespectful, thuggish bunch. The type of dudes that pay the Jenna Shea's of the world 30k for a bone... just clownish, ego-centric, disrespectful players. Dwight fits perfectly in there.

Heavy how you doing my brother, where you been!
Doing well, rando. How bout you? i just haven't been on gaf much

Tell me if it feels as shitty as the DS3

Can't you plug it into your PC and play games with it?

give us some impressions!

Feels pretty good. I'm testing it with 2k. Unfortunately you have to get a mod so the icons match the buttons and don't just say "1 2 3 4"

The biggest difference is I don't feel like my thumbs keep wanting to slip off the joysticks, and it's wider so I don't feel cramped

The triggers actually feel like triggers now

The only thing I don't like about DS controllers with 2k is that I like to use the d-pad menu a lot, and it's better on 360-----on this one you have to move your left thumb completely to the left instead of being able to slide it down quickly like on 360

Yea, sony's adherence to the symetrical sticks makes no sense. With the lightbar, D-Pad, and touch pad they've got enough differences from the 360 controller to be their own original product.

Forever

Banned
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ld-Players-Only-Meeting-In-Knicks-Locker-Room

Carmelo Anthony initiated a players-only meeting after the New York Knicks' loss to the Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday, saying the team must elevate its effort and "want it more."

“We shut the door after the game, talked it out a little bit,’’ Anthony said. “Try to figure out what was happening and going on. We just weren’t competing the way we know how to compete. We weren’t playing the way we know how to play. Hopefully the conversation we had after the game made everyone else realize, though it is early, there are things we need to fix and fix now.’’

The Knicks are turning the ball over 16.5 times per game.

“[It was] just players,’’ Anthony said of the meeting. “It doesn’t really have anything to do with the coaches. It’s us out there playing. I felt we needed to sit down and talk and get that out of the way.’’
You ain't no Jason Kidd, Melo.

So what are the common things that players do to demonstrate they care?

"players only meeting"
"coming into camp in the best shape of their entire career"
"first one to practice, last one out"
"go to the movies/have dinner together as a team"
"always watching game tape"

What else am I missing?

Mik317

Yea, sony's adherence to the symetrical sticks makes no sense. With the lightbar, D-Pad, and touch pad they've got enough differences from the 360 controller to be their own original product.

It's iconic to the platform at this point.

I never had an issue with the DS3 but I have Alex Smith hands so there is that.

Forever

Banned
yOjT7On.png

Teletovic and Shengelia for Shumpert. Please God let it happen.

Teletovic is actually a pretty good stretch 4, he's just had trouble getting minutes because of our 9000 other competent big men. We don't need him, and we could use Shumpert to add some athleticism to the roster.

yOjT7On.png

Teletovic and Shengelia for Shumpert. Please God let it happen.

Teletovic is actually a pretty good stretch 4, he's just had trouble getting minutes because of our 9000 other competent big men. We don't need him, and we could use Shumpert to add some athleticism to the roster.

Dolan is not doing business with Prokhorov.

This is fked up. Race is an issue with Lin's treatment. I figured he'd have become well-known and respected enough by now where he don't get treated that way but that's not the case.

This is terrible. This team deserves to flop, and they will. First round exit

Was Yao ever shit on like that though? I get the impression that players take exception to the fact that Lin wasn't heavily recruited because of his race or the perception that he received his contract because of it.

Smokey

Was Yao ever shit on like that though? I get the impression that players take exception to the fact that Lin wasn't heavily recruited because of his race or the perception that he received his contract because of it.

lin gets shit on because of his 10 day show which got him a 3 year multi million dollar contract. he's eatin good. dudes have been doin it for far longer and can't even get a break into the league and his run was barely over a week and he gets paid

Forever

Banned
lin gets shit on because of his 10 day show which got him a 3 year multi million dollar contract. he's eatin good. dudes have been doin it for far longer and can't even get a break into the league and his run was barely over a week and he gets paid
Wait. You think the way the Rockets are treating him is right? Smh. Dude went undrafted when he clearly deserved better, he paid his dues in the D-League and never gave up until he got his lucky break. What is there to hate about that?

Dwight is a fucking clown. I wish Yao and Bynum never got injured so we could have some quality 5s to watch in this league. Dwight is a straight liability for any team.

Also, not sure why Rockets are chewing out Lin. Lin has been playing well so far this year. This team is a joke though. First-round fodder.

Wait. You think the way the Rockets are treating him is right? Smh. Dude went undrafted when he clearly deserved better, he paid his dues in the D-League and never gave up until he got his lucky break. What is there to hate about that?

Yup, he spent a year on the bench/in the D-league for Golden State. Made a huge stride during the offseason b/t year 1 and year 2 and was cut from the W's before they even worked him out because management was clearing out cap space to put a huge offer out for DJ.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lin is getting chewed out because hes literally the only target. Dwight, Harden and Parsons gotta blame somebody for their shit and total lack of effort. Lin has been the most efficient scorer on the team so far this year.

McHale has to go. Dude is just letting those guys walk all over him and it's going to get worse.

Top Bottom