• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Forever

Banned
Yup, he spent a year on the bench/in the D-league for Golden State. Made a huge stride during the offseason b/t year 1 and year 2 and was cut from the W's before they even worked him out because management was clearing out cap space to put a huge offer out for DJ.

I really don't get it. Lin is like the nicest kid, he worked hard to get where he is, he never complains about anything, and he's been the most consistent Rocket so far this year. There's something wrong when that's the guy everyone wants to shit on and all the Rockets fans are apparently joining in.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wjl0O1h.png

Uncanny.

I really don't get it. Lin is like the nicest kid, he worked hard to get where he is, he never complains about anything, and he's been the most consistent Rocket so far this year. There's something wrong when that's the guy everyone wants to shit on and all the Rockets fans are apparently joining in.

I wouldn't say that...from skimming clutchfans, seems like for the most part Rockets fans are on Lin's side in this case. It's just colored as there seems to be a lot of discontent from diehard Rockets fans due to the influx of LOF's.

Smokey

Wait. You think the way the Rockets are treating him is right? Smh. Dude went undrafted when he clearly deserved better, he paid his dues in the D-League and never gave up until he got his lucky break. What is there to hate about that?

i didn't say he's getting treated right

im telling you why dudes are treating him like that. goes all the way back to melo saying he didn't deserve the amount he was going to get or whatever he said

methodman

Banned
Steph probably resting tonight, jobber get the Toney Douglas experience.
Douglas gonna play like 10 minutes total. Hopefully Barnes gets 30+ tonight and Klay keeps playing like has been this whole year and not how he played last year in the playoffs against the Spurs.

Steph probably resting tonight, jobber get the Toney Douglas experience.

According to Rusty Simmons at SFChron
Steph Curry tried to convince head coach Mark Jackson that he was ready to play by making an array of left-handed threes after shootaround.

Maybe he's coming off the bench? Or maybe Jackson is playing mind games (last minute pencil in)

Please I don't want to see Toney Douglas getting minutes let alone starting minutes..

otapnam

Yeah if you mean it's a perception then I agree. But in reality, he has paid his dues.

i think its easy for alot of players to be a little jealous of what Lin has since he has all the publicity endorsements for the asian market. But he's definitely earned a place in the league and keeps working hard.

Forever

Banned
i didn't say he's getting treated right

im telling you why dudes are treating him like that. goes all the way back to melo saying he didn't deserve the amount he was going to get or whatever he said

Eh, fair enough. I just think that situation over there is a damn shame. I thought the Rockets had the most likable personalities and were one of the most entertaining teams in the league last year. I'm not seeing any of that now.

Forever

Banned
I hope the Knicks and Nets don't both go on commercial at the same time tonight, that always sucks.

Where you at Faze. We gon get you dat new coach tonight. Help is on the way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I expect Valanciunas should get tons of second half playing time (barring foul trouble). It makes sense tonight against the Pacers right?

...right?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So what are the common things that players do to demonstrate they care?

"players only meeting"
"coming into camp in the best shape of their entire career"
"first one to practice, last one out"
"go to the movies/have dinner together as a team"
"always watching game tape"

What else am I missing?

"put on [X] pounds of muscle"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We look like shit lol

Patrick Ewing throwing the game smh

we aren't rebounding for shit. looks like last year

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I cannot believe NBA League Pass has the Knicks game blackedout. What the fuck?

Top Bottom