• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

What contender is willing/able to take on Dirk tho

Chicago. It's very obvious right now that what they have constructed is not going to take them anywhere. If he plays beside Noah that would would be another Tyson Chandler situation for him. I also think that Rose would enjoy playing with someone that can actually shoot for once. Cuban will never trade him though.

iamblades

I know Anthony Davis has a higher offensive ceiling than Noel and without the injury history

But I'd like to say that Noel is pretty close defensively

Lets pick Bennett and Alex Len though

I actually think Noel was a better all around defender in college than Davis. At least he had better stats and had to do more things because the perimeter defense was terrible, without a lockdown defender like MKG to help him out, Noel had to do it all, blocks, steals, on ball defense, take charges, etc.

The perimeter defense Davis played with was good enough that he could just roam the whole paint and even out to the 3 point line sometimes to block shots. Also helped that Davis had a big body like Jones to do the dirty work under the basket while he was roaming for blocks. Noel really had to do everything for that team.

Offensively he isn't really close yet, but he should be defensively if he is healthy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Steven Adams Fever is gripping OKC!

You're welcome.

Now in Raptors news...if they don't beat Utah tonight things can get really messy really quickly.

Raps schedule for remainder of November:

Utah
@Houston
@Memphis
Chicago
Portland
@Philadelphia
Washington
Brooklyn
Miami

Raps might only have 3-5 wins at most by end of the month. #wiggins

So does anybody who has 2K on PC encounter the same problem I do? Which is I just entered the second season and when I choose "Play next key game" all I get is a crash back to desktop. Is my player one and done on PC? :(

Cheddahz

Banned
So does anybody who has 2K on PC encounter the same problem I do? Which is I just entered the second season and when I choose "Play next key game" all I get is a crash back to desktop. Is my player one and done on PC? :(

I don't play My Player, so I wouldn't know, but I do own the PC version

I might just try it out just to see if I get the same error

Chicago. It's very obvious right now that what they have constructed is not going to take them anywhere. If he plays beside Noah that would would be another Tyson Chandler situation for him. I also think that Rose would enjoy playing with someone that can actually shoot for once. Cuban will never trade him though.
Who would the Bulls give up besides Butler

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bulls don't make "risky" trades. Idiots wouldn't trade Noah for either Melo (when they had Asik), or Noah for LMA.

charsace

Steven Adams highlights from last night finishing off with some free throws, because FThunder.

The touch, the passing, the blocking, the intelligence... HHHHNNNNNGGNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfDaNYpJWcI

I've been talking about this guy since last year in the summer. I think he will be the best center from this draft and maybe even the best player. I wanted him to end up on the knicks because he was underrated by people because of his stats in college. Still can't believe teams let him end up on the thunder. Dude is gonna put on 15-30 more lbs and still be mobile.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That's right karl had them running due to the thin air..... in hindsight that's such a smart move.....
Well, their pace is still pretty high, but Karl knew how to run an NBA rotation and really got the most out of his teams. He also had functional wing players. They start ***** **** and Jordan Hamilton these days.

I don't even know why Karl got fired. I know he's an underachiever come playoff time but now you go from one of the best teams in the West to the worst.

charsace

I feel sorry for Lin. He is being hated on by guys in the league because he's Asian and got media attention for having a great run for a few months. Rockettes would have beat the lakers if Harden played defense and Dwight wasn't lethargic out on the court.

charsace

Add those rebounds and blocks and That's more than Novak and Camby did combined for the knicks all damn season last year......

He needs to have 14-19 more games where he puts up around 15 and 7 for me to have any faith in him. He's still a work in progress until then. This is just a game where he didn't have his usual mental hang ups and you can tell from his body language.

He needs to have 14-19 more games where he puts up around 15 and 7 for me to have any faith in him. He's still a work in progress until then. This is just a game where he didn't have his usual mental hang ups and you can tell from his body language.
I've said from the very beginning if he averages around 13-15 and 4-5 rebounds, he's going to have an impact. It's funny, the only ones to put parameters on his play are Knicks fans.

Why are people trying to buy into Bargs now? This is his thing.

He sucks most games and then scores 20+ (usually really inefficiently, he took more shots than Melo, made less and scored less) and then goes back to sucking.

With that being said, his biggest flaw is still his defense which will only get worse.

He will do what he did last night a couple more times this year, just enough to drive you mad.

Why are people trying to buy into Bargs now? This is his thing.

He sucks most games and then scores 20+ (usually really inefficiently, he took more shots than Melo, made less and scored less) and then goes back to sucking.

With that being said, his biggest flaw is still his defense which will only get worse.

He will do what he did last night a couple more times this year, just enough to drive you mad.
No one is buying into him, we've clearly stated he ain't special. Why are you trying to push so hard he's not even a basketball player doe? He obviously has SOME amount of talent, it's all about trying to get it out of him while trying to lessen the defensive damage he'll have. Having a real coach around him and getting the fuck outta Toronto can only help him.
Lol, you're a great anchor for our hype.
I dunno why you guys are hyping him. He's not in basketball shape (wtf at the minutes he played?) and he's a player who struggles with confidence. I mean there are some things you can take away that are positive, but yeah let's not crown the dude.

No one is buying into him, we've clearly stated he ain't special. Why are you trying to push so hard he's not even a basketball player doe? He obviously has SOME amount of talent, it's all about trying to get it out of him while trying to lessen the defensive damage he'll have. Having a real coach around him and getting the fuck outta Toronto can only help him.

Thinking he can be a consistent contributer is a pipe dream. He's a net negative, like the definition of it.

Are you aware of the long saga of Toronto trying to get him to work?

1st option, 2nd, 3rd, Sixth man, Spot up shooter, Mid range shooter, off ball, ball handler. Gave him time off....nothing made him decent.

Toronto fans were excites just to see him go, getting a pick back made them feel like they saw Jesus' face.

Top Bottom