• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kanter Vs Valanciunas tonight.

How many goat sacrifices do I have to make in order for Casey to play Jonas 30+ minutes, Raps age?

He played 34 last night...but we also run absolutely nothing for him nor do any of the players really dump it into the post so...

No one is buying into him, we've clearly stated he ain't special. Why are you trying to push so hard he's not even a basketball player doe? He obviously has SOME amount of talent, it's all about trying to get it out of him while trying to lessen the defensive damage he'll have. Having a real coach around him and getting the fuck outta Toronto can only help him.

27476-Al-Bundy-laughing-gif-Io98.gif

Truphenom

I dunno why you guys are hyping him. He's not in basketball shape (wtf at the minutes he played?) and he's a player who struggles with confidence. I mean there are some things you can take away that are positive, but yeah let's not crown the dude.

No, no crown but fuck it, why not enjoy the good games he has right? I'll cheer for him when he does things right and save my anger for the goof troop things that normally happen with the team. Not expecting much this season so I'll be thrilled with his decent to good games and slightly disappointed the rest of the time.

Thinking he can be a consistent contributer is a pipe dream. He's a net negative, like the definition of it.

Are you aware of the long saga of Toronto trying to get him to work?

1st option, 2nd, 3rd, Sixth man, Spot up shooter, Mid range shooter, off ball, ball handler. Gave him time off....nothing made him decent.

Toronto fans were excites just to see him go, getting a pick back made them feel like they saw Jesus' face.
... but it was Toronto. Not like a change of scenery couldn't help him.

Actually a spine of a confident person would help him, but unless they perfect a spine transplant, let's not dream. In any case, you coach the talent to the best of your ability, and try to limit the negatives. Different talent around him, and with teams doubling Carmelo he's getting a shitton of open looks.
Ok what would he have to average to be a ok NBA player this season? Pts/Rebs., and keep in mind coaches don't expect him to be fully ready in the Knicks system for 2 more weeks. Chandler injury fucked up the timetable.

I like Brook.
Me too. I have never seen a rook C work so hard after taking the blows he took his first two years. The man at one time looked borderline suicidal, those losses took a heavy toll on him. He turned himself into a All-Star type talent and surprisingly has become a better defender.
Lmao went from Blatch getting his revenge to Nene being a lucky bastard
I went to see that play where he referred to him as lucky.

... Forever could spin doctor bad news in Washington.

Actually a spine of a confident person would help him, but unless they perfect a spine transplant, let's not dream. In any case, you coach the talent to the best of your ability, and try to limit the negatives. Different talent around him, and with teams doubling Carmelo he's getting a shitton of open looks.

Ok what would he have to average to be a ok NBA player this season? Pts/Rebs., and keep in mind coaches don't expect him to be fully ready in the Knicks system for 2 more weeks. Chandler injury fucked up the timetable.

Averages don't tell the bargs story.

His defense costs his team more points than he contributes. He'll score 9 points for 4 games then get 25 and end up averaging 12-17 and shoot in then low 40s. There's a reason everyone laughed when Dolan thought adding him would do anything but hurt.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is Frankman really doing a "Hey guys, Bargnani might not be that bad after all!" series of arguments?

Congrats Frank, you are the new Trax. I hope your keyboard hates you.

Is Frankman really doing a "Hey guys, Bargnani might not be that bad after all!" series of arguments?

I've never said that. If you've paid attention to anything outside of LOLKnicks and for the past 3 months you'd know that. Hell, all you need is to read the last page and you'd know that.

Actually let's expand on what you said:
"Hey guys, Bargnani might not be that bad after all!"
I've outlined what I've said would be acceptable for Bargs for over a month for him to "have an impact". So I ask you: What would be have to score/avg. to not be "the worst player in the NBA" bad? Gimme a number here.

KingGondo

Banned

I'm not sure which argument:

"Bargs isn't that bad!" or

"The problem with the Knicks roster is too many good players!"

is worse.

I've never said that. If you've paid attention to anything outside of LOLKnicks and for the past 3 months you'd know that. Hell, all you need is to read the last page and you'd know that.

I've outlined what I've said would be acceptable for Bargs for over a month for him to "have an impact". So I ask you: What would be have to score/avg. to not be "the worst player in the NBA" bad? Gimme a number here.

16 PER or higher, individual ORtg of 100 or better, Knicks PPP allow less than 1.080 with him on the court. If those three happened, maybe I would think he wasn't a bottom five player in the NBA.

Drummond has gone from shooting 4.6 free throws per 36 minutes to only 1.1 per 36 despite the Pistons playing at a far faster pace. I hope he doesn't pull a full Biedrins.

A 7 footer who refuses to play at the rim, shoots inefficiently everywhere on the floor yet takes a lot of shots, rebounds like a point guard, and is the worst help defender in the league.

He is one of the 5 worst players in the NBA that gets run. Nothing will change this. There's a reason why he has had a large - stat in all but 1 game.

Bargs will go back to being trash after SA's bigs punk him.
Yeah, next game doesn't bode well for him. Woodson gonna have to inject him with something to give him that roid rage, maybe that'll give him a spine. I loved it when Woody and Carmelo challenged him yesterday. Either he'll get slightly better, or he'll break (again) in spectacular fashion.
It'd be pretty wild to see Bargs having back to back decent games.
Are you kidding? Garden might actually rank him better than Earl Barron.

You know what kind of pressure that is to live up to?

Forever

Banned
lol Knicks-GAF. Y'all are so bipolar. Two days ago you were ready to do a murder-suicide with Bargnani.

I ain't even mad. We all know how this season ends, and it won't be with the Knicks on top.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm just laughing because this is the same type of shit we went through here in Toronto.

Let me be real I was a gigantic Bargnani apologist while he was here. Not as bad as Trax was here but really close. I just know the disappointment will come. You'll get these games where he drops 25+ and makes it look easy then he'll go on a spurt of looking like complete shit and you'll wonder why this is happening.

I hope he does well in New York but I think give it enough time and he'll be run out of there the same way he was in Toronto. People will just get fed up.

reilo

Why would Portland want to do Noah-for-LMA? That's a win for the Bulls given Noah's injury history and lack of offensive prowress.

reilo

Bargnani is SO bad that you shouldn't even entertain the thought of him being anything but a terrible basketball player.

And any argument that goes beyond that puts you into Trax-levels of dimentia.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Anthony Bennett the worst #1 pick of all time already?

My UNLV :(

It's crazy how fucking fat and out of shape he is. Dude looks like he just doesn't give a fuck. It's not baby fat, It's Shawn Kemp fat fat. His listed playing weight looks like its a good 50 pounds less than what hes at now.

Top Bottom