• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Warriors making the Pistons look like they are playing the second night of a back to back.

But we know the Warriors are famous for giving up leads.

On that topic, what the bleep Mark Jackson?!?!?

Guess it's too much to ask a 35 year old Jermaine Oneal to move his feet.

At least he can still dunk.

Anyone have Andre' Iguo's last second shots? I'm not so sure he's the guy I want going Kobe when the clocks running down. If it ain't Steph....???

Mik317

Probably absolute bullshit but rumor
about Evan Turner to Thunder?

http://hoops-nation.com/news/thunder-interested-in-acquiring-evan-turner/

According to Sam Amico of Fox Sports, the Oklahoma City Thunder have shown interest in acquiring Evan Turner from the Philadelphia 76ers. Things haven’t been looking good for an extension between Turner and the Sixers, and both sides appear to be ready to move on from one another. Oklahoma City could use a shooting guard with the scoring ability that Turner brings to the table and certainly would be upgraded with him on the team.

Turner has put up very good numbers so far this season, averaging 23.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game for a 76ers team that has already surpassed many expectations. His numbers are inflated a bit due to the fact that he is playing on a team without many scoring options, but he is a very talented player. He was drafted with the #2 overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft and finally seems to be reaching his full potential.

According to a couple analysts, the Thunder could send a package of Thabo Sefolosha, Reggie Jackson, and a 2014 first round pick to the 76ers for Evan Turner. Philadelphia would be very intrigued to acquire Jackson and the first round pick especially, as those two pieces would help with their rebuilding movement. Oklahoma City would be acquiring a player who could fill a similar role to what Kevin Martin had for the Thunder last season

Because drafting Noel and then tanking another season for the chance at Jabari/Wiggins was just way too much of a no brainer obviously.

LETS GET TYREKE AND JRUE HOLIDAY DOE

1. Draft Austin Rivers 10th overall.
2. Max out Eric Gordon for confusing reasons.
3. Trade Noel and another draft pick so you can give an 99 ORtg PG $41 million.
4. Then trade Vasquez and Ropez for another chucker that you pay $48 million.
5. ???
6. Anthony Davis demands a trade after losing in the second-round constantly because his teammates suck.

giri

Because drafting Noel and then tanking another season for the chance at Jabari/Wiggins was just way too much of a no brainer obviously.

LETS GET TYREKE AND JRUE HOLIDAY DOE

You defended Max Wall.

1. Max out Eric Gordon for confusing reasons.
2. Trade Noel and another draft pick so you can give an 99 ORtg PG $41 million.
3. Then trade Vasquez and Ropez for another chucker that you pay $48 million.
4. ???
5. Anthony Davis demands a trade after losing in the second-round constantly because his teammates suck.

The Eric Gordon thing was semi understandable. The tyreke trade wasn't. Especially when Vasquez was actually decent for them last year. Servicable at PG anyway.

I think the Pelicans are really missing Ryno though. Him spacing the floor will help a fair bit.

KingGondo

Banned
Sounds like a horrible deal for the Thunder.
Agreed.

1) Turner doesn't strike me as the kind of player Presti would pursue. No wingspan, and he still can't shoot the 3 (which is our biggest need right now). Plus we'd have to figure out an extension for him.

2) Giving up that much is ridiculous. A perennial starter and all-defense guy, a promising young PG with 2 years left on a rookie deal, AND a pick? For Evan Turner? :lol

You defended Max Wall.

The Eric Gordon thing was semi understandable. The tyreke trade wasn't. Especially when Vasquez was actually decent for them last year. Servicable at PG anyway.

I think the Pelicans are really missing Ryno though. Him spacing the floor will help a fair bit.

I don't know. Eric Gordon had done nothing to prove he was worth a long term, big money deal. It had all the makings of a bad deal as it was signed. It was simply to save face because he was what they got back in the CP3 trade.

giri

I don't know. Eric Gordon had done nothing to prove he was worth a long term, big money deal. It had all the makings of a bad deal as it was signed. It was simply to save face because he was what they got back in the CP3 trade.

Thats what i mean, i get it in the sense of they had to, he's what they got for CP3. And EG is having an ok season so far. Will probably take him time to get back into a grove properly. He looks good though out on the floor. If he manages to stay injury free this year Gordon & Davis would be a big time combo.

Few big IF's in that though.

Cloudy

Banned
I hate college ball so much. In the NBA, Parker's team would have spammed him till a double was forced. In college, he goes minutes without a touch and the game is close again

Wiggins is garbage unless he's in the open court, but it's not like I didn't predict that in the first place. Parker is the most complete player in college basketball right now.

JoeFu

Banned
I never watch college ball, but wanted to see Parker/Wiggins....

Why does Parker not try on D? He just kinda stands there when guys go in for layups.

His offensive game is really good though.

Top Bottom