• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not saying he's a bad player but he is a Blake Griffin type. Can't carry a team and needs others to get him the ball. At least he makes FTs though..

PS: I like basketball players not athletic freaks who happen to play basketball

Jayhawk

I don't get this. He shot the ball well, hitting a couple of jumpers. And he has better handles then a guy like KD did in college.

Wiggins' step-back jumper to maintain the lead late was pretty good. His go-to spin move during some penetrations resulted in points. I am happy with what I saw, especially his effort on defense.

Cloudy

Banned
I don't get this. He shot the ball well, hitting a couple of jumpers. And he has better handles then a guy like KD did in college.

It's not that KD didn't have handles. He was just never asked to run the offense cos Augustin dominated the ball so much. I'm just really wary of swingmen who can't shoot or handle the ball...

Cloudy

Banned
Wiggins' step-back jumper to maintain the lead late was pretty good. His go-to spin move during some penetrations resulted in points. I am happy with what I saw, especially his effort on defense.

Yes, he has a great body and looks active defensively. He got into foul trouble cos he was actually playing D lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's not that KD didn't have handle. He was just never asked to run the offense cos Augustin dominated the ball so much. I'm just really wary of swingmen who can't shoot or handle the ball...

I think he looked pretty good with his handle

And his jumper looked fine mechanically

Forever

Banned
I still think that Wiggins is a good fit for Philly.

MCW can dish if Wiggins needs to be fed the ball.

Then consider all that length on that team between MCW, Wigs, and Noel. The Human Centipede of defense.

Emwitus

dGf4EAg.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm not saying he's a bad player but he is a Blake Griffin type. Can't carry a team and needs others to get him the ball. At least he makes FTs though..

PS: I like basketball players not athletic freaks who happen to play basketball

Not saying Wiggins will be the next mega star but what you are saying is exactly what both Kobe and LBJ were coming into the NBA at about the same age...

SamuraiX-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...3/jabari-parker-andrew-wiggins-julius-randle/

CHICAGO -- There are so many ways to sum up Jabari Parker's amazing night here. He outplayed Kansas's Andrew Wiggins, the most hyped freshman in many years. He outshined Kentucky's Julius Randle, a contender for the No. 1 pick in the next NBA draft. His Duke coach, Mike Krzyzewski, said Parker was "sensational," and LeBron James (presumably watching both Wiggins and Parker) tweeted "GM's wish the draft was tomorrow," and ... well, it was incredible on so many levels, but the best summary of Parker's night came from Parker himself.

I asked him: How would you grade your performance?

He said: "C-minus."

Forever

Banned
Woj fucking ethered the Knicks

The possibility of leaving the Knicks for the Los Angeles Lakers will be Melo's leverage until it no longer is, but as one source with knowledge of the process says: "Do you think 'Melo wants to be known for not winning titles in New York and L.A.?"

There are beloved ex-Knicks who never win titles – Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Larry Johnson – but those players don't exist in Lakers lore. If winning is an obsession to Anthony, let's be honest: He would've stayed in better shape, been a better leader and teammate in his career. Anthony would've used his organizational muscle to spare the franchise's wasting of a roster spot for J.R. Smith's younger brother as part of a sweetener to re-sign the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year.

Everyone wants to blame Creative Arts Agency for the packaging of the players, but Chris Smith, associated with a different agency two years ago, had been granted a guaranteed contract with the Knicks for the 2011-12 season. Only, Smith blew out his knee and received his $490,000 on the injured list. This was a stooge deal on New York's behalf, an embarrassment afforded a player, J.R. Smith, who doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

"Glen Grunwald never wanted to do it, never felt right about it back then," one source with knowledge of the package deal said. "That call came from above him."

Still, the Knicks coaches understand: From a wasted roster spot to a highly paid personal trainer who can act independently of the coaching staff's wishes, ownership makes it hard for good players to want to leave. And truth be told, ownership makes it hard to coach good players in New York. Take a look at model franchises in San Antonio, Miami and Indiana, and you'll see: This all makes winning harder, not easier.

Now, owner James Dolan has turned over the Knicks to Steve Mills as president and general manager. Only in the Knicks' parallel universe can an executive help run the franchise into the ground for a decade with Isiah Thomas, get fired, move into the financial sector, chase the National Basketball Players Association's top job and then, somehow, get his old job back – this time with more power.

The Knicks can afford to pursue the best basketball minds on the planet, and yet they recycle top executives with failed, unaccomplished or untested histories. Donnie Walsh and Grunwald had been exceptions, and yet ultimately they were run out of the GM job. This is why the Knicks are unable to build something sustainable, why they're forever chasing salary-cap space, chasing stars, chasing the illusion of contention.

It's painful watching Speights play. Can't wait for Ezeli to come back so we don't have to play this guy. What a huge liability on both ends. Warriors are a tale of two teams right now. Starting 5 has so much chemistry whereas the bench has no identity and is just a mish mash or incompatible parts. W's may not need to go 10-11 man deep during the playoffs but having a competent bench takes a lot of stress off our starters during the regular season. At least we're blowing teams out in our wins.

https://twitter.com/ckane02/statuses/400503559713599488
The Golden State Warriors have trailed for just 23 SECONDS in three games combined at home (3-0). Amazing.

8 games in, I'm happy with what the W's have brought for the most part. Our losses have been ok TBH.

@ Clippers- Going against a talented/motivated team (embarrassed by the lack show two nights prior) in their home building after a back to back.
@ Spurs- No Curry, grinded it out to the very end w/ a solid defensive performance. Game came down to a couple of offensive boards.
@ Memphis- back to back on the last leg of the roadtrip against a team that matches up with us well.

It's painful watching Speights play. Can't wait for Ezeli to come back so we don't have to play this guy. What a huge liability on both ends. Warriors are a tale of two teams right now. Starting 5 has so much chemistry whereas the bench has no identity and is just a mish mash or incompatible parts. W's may not need to go 10-11 man deep during the playoffs but having a competent bench takes a lot of stress off our starters during the regular season. At least we're blowing teams out in our wins.

https://twitter.com/ckane02/statuses/400503559713599488

8 games in, I'm happy with what the W's have brought for the most part. Our losses have been ok TBH.

@ Clippers- Going against a talented/motivated team (embarrassed by the lack show two nights prior) in their home building after a back to back.
@ Spurs- No Curry, grinded it out to the very end w/ a solid defensive performance. Game came down to a couple of offensive boards.
@ Memphis- back to back on the last leg of the roadtrip against a team that matches up with us well.

Everyone knew that old ass JO, Douglass, and Speights was a major downgrade.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If Jabari Parker turns out to be a bust, do we dutifully nickname him Jabroni Parker?

Forever

Banned
Is it safe to say that Wiggins and Parker are going 1-2 in the draft in no particular order?

Does that make Randle the 3rd pick?

exarkun

Humble kid, most complete prospect in (a decade?) with size and game that will translate. Oh and he is LDS too. Jazz have a masterful tank planned.

It's up to those ping pong balls now!

Dont get ahead of yourself. When Dwight reinjures his back, and Harden goes to rehab for sex/alcohol/cocaine/whitewomen/molly/marijuana addiction, and Lin leads the team to an entertaining 10th seed, we're gonna get that 2nd pick and grab Jabari.

The perfect 4 for the rockets.

Forever

Banned
IT'S HAPPENING

Discussions surrounding a trade between the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets centered on Iman Shumpert and Kenneth Faried have intensified in recent days, according to a source.

No deal is imminent, but the Knicks believe they need to make a move to bolster their frontcourt.

Shumpert has fallen out of favor with both James Dolan and Mike Woodson's coaching staff. J.R. Smith will start for Shumpert on Wednesday.

Tyson Chandler is out at least one month after breaking his leg last week while both Amar'e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin have been placed on a minutes restriction because of their health.

Top Bottom