• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Maybe I'm way off base but I keep seeing a lot of Harrison Barnes in Wiggins. They both play very stiff despite being super athletic, if that makes any sense. Like very upright. Also not impressed by Wiggins handles or seemingly lack thereof. I mean, granted, he's 19, but if you are going to be put up there as a franchise player those are a must. Even though Durant's handles were sort of suspect for a couple years he was at least a deadeye shooter to make up for it.

diehard

Fleer
I never watch college ball, but wanted to see Parker/Wiggins....

Why does Parker not try on D? He just kinda stands there when guys go in for layups.

His offensive game is really good though.

foul trouble.. better for them to score than for him to pick up another foul.

Emwitus

Maybe I'm way off base but I keep seeing a lot of Harrison Barnes in Wiggins. They both play very stiff despite being super athletic, if that makes any sense. Like very upright. Also not impressed by Wiggins handles or seemingly lack thereof. I mean, granted, he's 19, but if you are going to be put up there as a franchise player those are a must. Even though Durant's handles were sort of suspect for a couple years he was at least a deadeye shooter to make up for it.
Wasn't lebron a little stiff too?

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not really impressed with Wiggins. He looks like a less-skilled Harrison Barnes so far

edit: LMAO, just saw Ninja's post

Irishwinger

Neo Member
I really don't understand this Lakers team.

Also after only reading the hype about Wiggins and this game being the first time i've actually watched him play, have to say i'm not too impressed

"Deceptively unathletic" should be a term. DeMar DeRozan and Marvin Williams would fit the, absolutely incredible vertical and great size, not actually athletic because they aren't coordinated or quick, mold of a deceptive lack of athleticism better than Barnes and Wiggins though.

AcridMeat

Banned
EmjbCxa.gif

"Deceptively unathletic" should be a term. DeMar DeRozan and Marvin Williams would fit the, absolutely incredible vertical and great size, not actually athletic because they aren't coordinated or quick, mold of a deceptive lack of athleticism better than Barnes and Wiggins though.

That's a good term for it. Gerald Green I think fits that mold too.

Wiggins didn't look that impressive, but scoring 20 in your second game as a Freshman is still great. He looks kind of similar to Rudy Gay, but he jumps even higher than Gay and that helps him a good bit.

Why not just avoid using umbrella terms? Blake isn't that quick on his feet but its pretty disengenious to call him unathletic. Same thing for Dwight.

I think its all moot because wiggins is has shown a good amount of quickness before

Randle, Parker, and Wiggins all looked great. Embiid looked four years away from being four years away, hopefully he can learn how to play basketball this year.

I was told this guy was the next LeBron. This was a HUGE letdown. Jabari is so much better and it's not even close...

I'm so sorry, Diehard :(

Mik317

I was told this guy was the next LeBron. This was a HUGE letdown. Jabari is so much better and it's not even close...

I think we need to stop looking for the next so and sos.

It rarely if ever pans out and honestly it doesn't help the kids themselves.

Plus it's a long season. I remember Rose looking mad average near the start of his year at Memphis then he just got it.

That being said, Wiggins is going to have to learn how to get his own shot or move better without the ball.

Cloudy

Banned
I think we need to stop looking for the next so and sos.

It rarely if ever pans out and honestly it doesn't help the kids themselves.

Plus it's a long season. I remember Rose looking mad average near the start of his year at Memphis then he just got it.

That being said, Wiggins is going to have to learn how to get his own shot or move better without the ball.

I'm just talking about an eyeball test. The guy has no handles and no jumper. He's just an athletic freak. He is Desmond Mason 2.0

exarkun

Wiggins was restricted by foul trouble basically the whole game. Whereas Parker wasn't until the very end. That said, early second half was basically Wiggins unleashed and he looked good, passed well, and played defense like he cared. Parker played so-so defense the whole game (probably why he wasnt in foul trouble), and could do as he pleased.

Wiggins will be fine. Its like you guys dont watch college basketball normally.

Also, Self's offense doesnt put the ball in his hand early in the clock so he doesnt dribble as much as Parker.

Mik317

I'm just talking about an eyeball test. The guy has no handles and no jumper. He's just an athletic freak. He is Derek Mason 2.0

It also one game. Like I said, based off of one game Rose would be garbage back at Memphis too.

He also didn't even play that bad lol. 22 and 8 isn't anything to sneeze at. Parker looks waaay mroe polished and stuff for sure but lets not overreact yet.

I think any of the teams picking 1 2 or 3 will be very happy tho based off of seeing just tonight tho.

Long season

Top Bottom