• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Shumpert for Faried is stupid, and I will be mad when that's the move. Faried needs the fast pace and the PG's distribution/playmaking skill to be effective.

I won't believe anything, especially from Isola or Woj, until it happens (those guys write hitpieces exclusively), but still.

Goddammit. :(

Forever

Banned
This organization is shit.

If Shump is gone, that might be doing him a favor. I dont see this organization developing any young players effectively ever

Might just become a basketball widow :(

You don't have to be a widow. There is another home team now. Let the black and white into your heart and you will know what it feels like to root for an organization that doesn't get mindfucked every week by James Dolan.

He can throw glasses on and pretend to be Amare

muxSuFG.gif

Faried is undersized, and needs a PG and a high tempo to have any impact other than his ability to rebound. I don't know how good of a defender he is, but he doesn't rebalance the team until Chandler comes back and the lineup could theoretically be Felton/Smith/Anthony/Faried/Chandler.

...I just don't want this to happen, but it's going to.

Malo

Banned
I don't want to see Shump traded but I'm ok with him being traded for Faried since he is better than Shumpsdagod.

With that being said, fuck da Knicks.

Does fit matter all that much if Faried is just better than Shump?

Ehh, Faried is a much better offensive player in a vacuum, but he's a terrible defensive player who really hurts spacing on offense as well. The defensive awareness of a Melo-Faried-Bargnani lineup would be obscenely bad and would force Melo to play with even less shooting than before.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shumpert is better than Faried this year imo. I clowned him a lot, but he's really looked improved so far.

Faried is undersized, and needs a PG and a high tempo to have any impact other than his ability to rebound. I don't know how good of a defender he is, but he doesn't rebalance the team until Chandler comes back and the lineup could theoretically be Felton/Smith/Anthony/Faried/Chandler.

...I just don't want this to happen, but it's going to.

He does nothing to really address the knicks problems. Its a panic move just like barg.

I also hear his defense is subpar

You don't have to be a widow. There is another home team now. Let the black and white into your heart and you will know what it feels like to root for an organization that doesn't get mindfucked every week by James Dolan.

Nets still got a lot to prove as well so well see. Ill just be an admirer of the game. This city deserves better than these :/

giri

Nets still got a lot to prove as well so well see. Ill just be an admirer of the game. This city deserves better than these :/

Besides which, the nets are essentially a one and done team. They either chip this year or it is just going to get exponentially harder from here on out. I mean, they're already at a salary of 88M next year, and that's with PP off the books.

Forever

Banned
Give the Nets time to gel and I think they will make some noise this year. At the very worst they are not a complete clown shoes operation like the Knicks. They handle their business quietly and avoid embarrassing headlines. If we lose I can at least take comfort in the fact that we are not owned and operated by a bag of dicks.

Besides which, the nets are essentially a one and done team. They either chip this year or it is just going to get exponentially harder from here on out. I mean, they're already at a salary of 88M next year, and that's with PP off the books.
Pretty much everyone except Deron and Brook expire in 2015, we'll be able to reload at that time. Money talks. We'll be fine.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't even know what to make of this shit anymore. Shumpert was one of the few Knick players who reminded me of the 90s Knicks. Bah.

giri

Pretty much everyone except Deron and Brook expire in 2015, we'll be able to reload at that time. Money talks. We'll be fine.

Not Really You still have JJ on the books. And lopez will probably not take his PO in an attempt to get a max contract. Between those 3 alone you'll have like 60M on the books and be over the cap.

And that doesn't take into account any cap holds.

You may find a market for JJ's expiring, but that would mean taking on longer term contracts normally.

Nets don't really have significant cap space to speak of until 2016.

Forever

Banned
Not Really You still have JJ on the books. And lopez will probably not take his PO in an attempt to get a max contract. Between those 3 alone you'll have like 60M on the books and be over the cap.

And that doesn't take into account any cap holds.

You may find a market for JJ's expiring, but that would mean taking on longer term contracts normally.

Nets don't really have significant cap space to speak of until 2016.

Eh, we'll see. We were able to move Wallace, I'm not too worried about moving an expiring JJ if we really need the space. And a few years of merely making the playoffs is fine by me when I look at what is likely to happen to the Knicks.

giri

Eh, we'll see. We were able to move Wallace, I'm not too worried about moving an expiring JJ if we really need the space. And a few years of merely making the playoffs is fine by me when I look at what is likely to happen to the Knicks.

Already setting the bar as the knicks? Those standards.

Forever

Banned
Already setting the bar as the knicks? Those standards.
If you have low expectations you'll never be disappointed! I can tell you we won't be letting Linsanity walk for nothing, or trading picks for Bargnani, or shipping Shump off the team while Chris Smith remains on the roster.

Top Bottom