• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Donald Sterling...

Again, he's a disgusting human being, but at least he's making competent business decisions lately. I'd love for the team to be sold, but honestly most NBA owners are scumbags, just not as much as the guy who paid the cops to ignore his son murdering his son's friend.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'd take Sterling over Dolan in a heartbeat

He has like 23 top 10 picks and 3 number 1s

Is racist

And just a horrible person

Naw if Dolan had a good GM he would be a semi-ok owner just from his willingness to spend

giri

Naw if Dolan had a good GM he would be a semi-ok owner just from his willingness to spend

Nope. He'd still be terrible because he involves him self way too much and over rides his GM all the time. It wouldn't matter who you hired because they have no authority and Dolan does what ever he wants anyway.

In basketball? Maybe MJ

And whats so bad about MJ?

Sarver has been p.bad for the suns. But he seems to have learned a few lessons and is letter McD run things now.

The owners of the Nuggets seem pretty bad.

Dan Gilbert wasn't good for the Cavs when LBJ was there. He basically acted the way Dolan does.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lin starting and T Jones.

Twin Tower's are over.

Forever

Banned
Knicks fans can breathe for now.

n1B133v.png

But it looks like Shump is definitely on the chopping block. I wonder what lesser offer Dolan ends up accepting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
How is it possible no one can get the ball to Howard smh

Lin looks good again.

Fox318

He has like 23 top 10 picks and 3 number 1s
Knicks never get the hope for young talent. We trade away our picks for bums.
Is racist
Dolan is an egomanic who pays his way to tour with Bruce Springsteen.
And just a horrible person
How many sports team owners are good people?

He just fired the person who set up this team only to rehire the dude who had the team in cap hell for 10 years and gave him more power.

pilonv1

Chris Cohan was the worst owner in the NBA but at least he eventually sold the team.

Knicks fans can breathe for now.

n1B133v.png

But it looks like Shump is definitely on the chopping block. I wonder what lesser offer Dolan ends up accepting.

Shumps or a pick. not both

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY_UiNwCAAA4lh9.png:large

The legendary season of never making any jumpers ever in order to get Randle/Wiggins/Parker/Exum. 3/33 on corner threes for the Jazz is a bit rough though.
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 11h
6 of the 7 top scorers for the Heat are shooting over 50 percent this season. The Jazz barely have one (Enes Kanter, 50.9 percent)

Those shots for the Jazz have to start falling, right?

right?

giri

I wouldn't stay that. Cavs were never negatively affected by him as an owner until Comic Sans happened.

huh?

Thats the same thing.

And Yeah, Cohan was bad, so were the former kings owners. But i was trying to stay on current owners. The former Grizz owner wasn't that great either, nor Cats, NO Hornetts.

Matrix

James Anderson.. former Rocket....

12 points 5/5 already, this is sad.

Matrix

Fuck former Rockets.

Every damn time this happens.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nope. He'd still be terrible because he involves him self way too much and over rides his GM all the time. It wouldn't matter who you hired because they have no authority and Dolan does what ever he wants anyway.

And whats so bad about MJ?

Sarver has been p.bad for the suns. But he seems to have learned a few lessons and is letter McD run things now.

The owners of the Nuggets seem pretty bad.

Dan Gilbert wasn't good for the Cavs when LBJ was there. He basically acted the way Dolan does.

MJ does everything that Gilbert and Dolan did/does plus embarrasses his players in practice

giri

MJ does everything that Gilbert and Dolan did/does plus embarrasses his players in practice

There's a distinct difference in that MJ considers the Bobcats his full time Job and seems to be dedicating himself to them full time. He also has a... much better understanding of the requirements / scouting than the others would. Where as for Gilbert/Dolan their franchises are just part of a larger portfolio.

It's not that uncommon for a GM to be a former player, supported by a much more technical person. MJ has that with Cho operating as his GM.

It's probably better that he scrimms with his players and teaches them somethings from the GOAT, then going around and embarrassing them with comic sans promises.

I really don't see MJ on the other guys level. Not yet. There needs to be at least a decade of incompetence first. And embarrassingly so.

charsace

Shump is my favorite player. I think he can be a great 2 way player. Great shooter from the outside and one of the top perimeter defenders in the league. Would be great on the bulls.

Dolan's love FOR JR is crazy.

Knicks basically need to go 3-2 on this 5-game stretch. Have 3 straight home games starting tonight, just take care of business.

Dunno why Prigs isn't starting, but Knicks need to get Artest/Martin more burn. And can the Knicks actually utilize Shump as a defender? They never put him on the top scoring guard anymore.

charsace

Lin remains an above average point guard worthy of a starting position but maybe not of his contract. I really like him, though.
Lin has been really good so far I am inclined to believe nagging injuries hurt him last season.

He seems to be a victim of discrimination. Guys talking about his contract is something that usually isn't done.

Top Bottom