• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Might be useful:

tumblr_mw8sh3XiGG1roz7s1o2_400.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still can't believe Charlotte won such an ugly game.

I still can't believe Al directly won it for us.

Someone send Henderson back to Duke.

NeNe has turned himself into a whiny bitch. Wiz-gaf you guys need to get him out of DC. Blaming Wall/Beal for losing when his ass is barely on the cour. And when he is on the court he isn't giving you the things you're lacking that he's supposed to provide - i.e. interior defense and rebounding.

Edit: The Celtics game last night was so ugly I turned it off at halftime. I'm pretty confident that Kemba is playing with an injured shoulder though, he needs to sit out and heal up.

diehard

Fleer
I still can't believe Charlotte won such an ugly game.

I still can't believe Al directly won it for us.

Someone send Henderson back to Duke.

Al will do that, he can keep you in most games because he is elite in the post and clutch as hell. Problem is he usually will keep the other team in most games too.

.. I'm just gonna say it, both these consoles are ass.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, the PS4 game reviews have been disappointing so far, but I'm still excited to get mine.

Shiny new hardware, nice new controller, and years and years of great games down the road. I can live with playing AC4 and Killzone for now.

If Nene was smart he'd call himself out first and then place the blame he's throwing at wall and beal to where it belongs - Randy Witless. I honestly can't stand people that call others out when they're just as much to blame. It's the definition of bitch made behavior. I used to really like Nene too, I don't know what's happened to him, but the dude needs to take an honest look in the mirror.

Nene has been good for one thing and that was the gif with him and Pau Gasol

also new consoles are totally overrated....and that's because I got spoiled by PC Games

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, the PS4 game reviews have been disappointing so far, but I'm still excited to get mine.

Shiny new hardware, nice new controller, and years and years of great games down the road. I can live with playing AC4 and Killzone for now.

Same here. Need for Speed might be worth it as well.

KingGondo

Banned
Same here. Need for Speed might be worth it as well.
I ordered Killzone, AC4 and FIFA. Might trade in FIFA for NFS depending on how the reviews are.

Heck, I might trade in Killzone for Windwaker HD. Not sure the eye candy and few hours I'll play of it is worth the $40 or so I paid for it.

Also, Resogun looks pretty awesome. The Polygon review got me hyped for that one.

I ordered Killzone, AC4 and FIFA. Might trade in FIFA for NFS depending on how the reviews are.

Heck, I might trade in Killzone for Windwaker HD. Not sure the eye candy and few hours I'll play of it is worth the $40 or so I paid for it.

Also, Resogun looks pretty awesome. The Polygon review got me hyped for that one.

We should play FIFA clubs together

LuchaShaq

Banned
Early in the season still but what have you guys been right/wrong about! I'm going to try and keep it even.

Right? Iggy being better than Jarrett jack on every level so warriors wouldn't miss him.

Wrong? I thought the combination of eye surgery and criticism would make Rudy gay take better shots thus year....whoops!

Right? That mike brown would fuck the cavs offense and stunt kyries development. Cavs organization is a shit show, and will continue to be so with a clown owner.

Wrong? Kevin Martin being a top 5-10 scorer so far. I had little faith in him returning to this level of scoring.

Right? Sixers guards. I thought mcw was going to be good (ok not this good) and wroten would be a good rotation player. Before the season started people acted like wroten would be in china and mcw would be a bench player by next year.

Wrong? I thought any lakers win would require a 20-10-5 type game from pau, but it's guys like Henry leading them to a few wins here and there.

Al will do that, he can keep you in most games because he is elite in the post and clutch as hell. Problem is he usually will keep the other team in most games too.

Agreed. Sticking with PC hamster race for now.

KingGondo

Banned
Adams sucks, son. I'm disappointed you hyped him up.
7 and 4 with a block in 21 minutes isn't bad. Especially for a guy who's barely 20 playing his 7th pro game ever.

Brooks should have played him more because Thabeet is truly terrible.

On a related note, Brooks was horrible last night. When Ibaka got ejected he lost his mind. Ryan Gomes playing half the 3rd quarter at PF? A lineup of Fisher, Jackson, Thabo, Collison, and Thabeet? WTF.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Matt Barnes calling Ibaka a "bitch" every two seconds reminds of that scene in Swingers, where Sue gets into a fight at the parking lot and him and 'House of Pain' are just calling each other bitches for like a minute.

Hilarious scene.

Yes. And he's done it more this season.

Works pretty damn well with Reggie, YNB, and Lamb/Jones at the 1, 2, and 3.

Depending on who you're playing I imagine you could play Sefolosha at the 3 for spurts. It wouldn't be the best lineup defensively, but having Westbrook, Lamb, Thabo, Durant, and Ibaka all on the floor would create some amazing driving lanes for YNB.

I have to say: hiring Jason Kidd to coach a team that outwardly should contend for a title is one of the most well hidden tanking strategies I've ever seen.

Jeff-DSA

I have Assassin's Creed 4, Killzone, and Battlefield 4. Might grab Need for Speed. I'll probably be putting a lot of time into Resogun. Not sure what else is out there that interests me aside from FIFA, but I dunno.

lmao

that cannot be real

No, seriously, he was 5 of 9 shooting when they put that up. Believe it.

I have Assassin's Creed 4, Killzone, and Battlefield 4. Might grab Need for Speed. I'll probably be putting a lot of time into Resogun. Not sure what else is out there that interests me aside from FIFA, but I dunno.

No, seriously, he was 5 of 9 shooting when they put that up. Believe it.

How's the tyke?

Jeff-DSA

How's the tyke?

Doing fine. Going to have a scar on his forehead and a small one next to his eye, which sucks. My wife keeps a band-aid on it still because the doctor said that keeping it out of the sun might make it heal lighter, and she still gets sick over it when she looks at it. It's not too bad, as you can see below, but it's crappy that it's even there.

As more of an update, the dog bit someone else at a birthday party. They still haven't put her down. My wife is livid, as am I. Not much we can do from two states away though. The guy who she bit isn't doing anything, because he's here illegally from Mexico, but she sunk her teeth into his hip pretty good. Pisses me off so bad.

KingGondo

Banned
Doing fine. Going to have a scar on his forehead and a small one next to his eye, which sucks. My wife keeps a band-aid on it still because the doctor said that keeping it out of the sun might make it heal lighter, and she still gets sick over it when she looks at it. It's not too bad, as you can see below, but it's crappy that it's even there.

As more of an update, the dog bit someone else at a birthday party. They still haven't put her down. My wife is livid, as am I. Not much we can do from two states away though. The guy who she bit isn't doing anything, because he's here illegally from Mexico, but she sunk her teeth into his hip pretty good. Pisses me off so bad.
Ugh. Terrible about the second biting.

Thankfully your son seems to be OK, but it could have easily been so much worse. Cute kid, btw!

On a related note, my good friend who lives nearby wants to get a pit bull puppy, and it seriously worries me. First of all, he already has two dogs that are untrained and out of control, so getting such a volatile breed just spells trouble IMO. Also, they're considering having kids, so the idea of a pit being raised around a newborn/toddler seems like a terrible idea.

Their current dogs are bad enough as it is, but if he seriously considers getting a pit I'll probably tell him that I might not come over anymore.

Tom Penny

The Hawks need to suck more. I forgot the C'z are really getting their pick since they can swap with the Nets who are already tanking...

My wife and I just found a new home for our Boxer. We decided having a dog that big and excitable around a newborn would not be the best idea. I liked his temperament, but he has been a pain in the ass to train and I just didn't have the energy to give him what he needs and help take care of a baby at the same time. Your friend Gondo should probably keep that in mind if he's going to be having a kid soon.

KingGondo

Banned
My wife and I just found a new home for our Boxer. We decided having a dog that big and excitable around a newborn would not be the best idea. I liked his temperament, but he has been a pain in the ass to train and I just didn't have the energy to give him what he needs and help take care of a baby at the same time. Your friend Gondo should probably keep that in mind if he's going to be having a kid soon.
That's good advice. I honestly don't think it'll happen, but if it looks like he's serious I'll be honest with my feelings about it.

The fucked up thing about it is that he doesn't want a kid and his wife really does, so getting the new dog is almost a bargaining chip for his wife to dangle in exchange for getting her pregnant.

Yeah.

Forever

Banned
Aight BestGAF. I'm taking a break from the whole internet to get some shit done IRL. Unfortunately this means I won't be around when the Nets finally get it together, and I will probably miss out on Dolan doing tons of dumb shit as well. Looking forward to catching up when I get back. #bewell y'all!

I'm gonna finish Killzone to see all the shiny graphics, then go back to Wii U until whenever Yakuza hits.

Changed my mind on 2k though, the final PS4 build looks amazing.

Edit: You don't have WWHD yet? Get on that shit, it's better than all the PS4/Xbone stuff. I got bored of the GC original, but they made all the right changes to the new one, and it looks stunning.

J. Bravo

Aight BestGAF. I'm taking a break from the whole internet to get some shit done IRL. Unfortunately this means I won't be around when the Nets finally get it together, and I will probably miss out on Dolan doing tons of dumb shit as well. Looking forward to catching up when I get back. #bewell y'all!

where are we going to get knicks news now???

Top Bottom