• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

wT2JSLK.png

Loved the GS vs OKC game. I loved what David Lee did in the first half to mix it up with the jumpers GS was doing in the first half. But after some adjustments Mark Jackson relied heavily on Lee for post up moves in the paint during the fourth quarter which just was not working very well with Ibaka anymore.

There was about four possessions in a row during the fourth where Lee just got stuffed trying to post up which is why OKC was able to get back into it. I really like Mark Jackson and I don't if he tried to mix it up during those possessions, but after the second shot was blocked GS should have tried to mix things up.

It's still early in the season but I think GS really has something special. They just gotta work on making it more efficient.

exarkun

I used to think that they offered some good analysis but really they're just good for laughs now. Chuck doesn't give a fuck about your team unless you're one of the top popular teams.

lies. He hates the lakers. And he liked the rockets and clippers, thinking we'd both take the next step. He loves Love and the Wolves, and gave props to SA finnnnnaly. Dunno wtf you're talking about. Dont mess with my Inside the NBA!

lies. He hates the lakers. And he liked the rockets and clippers, thinking we'd both take the next step. He loves Love and the Wolves, and gave props to SA finnnnnaly. Dunno wtf you're talking about. Dont mess with my Inside the NBA!
I just mean that he doesn't pay attention.

Like in the past when he's talked about the Wolves he hasn't known anything. Just surface knowledge.

Fjordson

Loved the GS vs OKC game. I loved what David Lee did in the first half to mix it up with the jumpers GS was doing in the first half. But after some adjustments Mark Jackson relied heavily on Lee for post up moves in the paint during the fourth quarter which just was not working very well with Ibaka anymore.

There was about four possessions in a row during the fourth where Lee just got stuffed trying to post up which is why OKC was able to get back into it. I really like Mark Jackson and I don't if he tried to mix it up during those possessions, but after the second shot was blocked GS should have tried to mix things up.

It's still early in the season but I think GS really has something special. They just gotta work on making it more efficient.
Yeah, some bad execution towards the end. Especially when Reggie Jackson was guarding Barnes for like five possessions and we didn't post him once.

Speaking of Barnes, he's great. Love his mid-range pullup jumper and he's getting better in the post. Such a great pick by GS.

KingGondo

Banned
Disappointing to lose those two games, but I'm actually pretty encouraged by a few developments. Ibaka is turning into a legit third option (hell, he was the second option last night with 27 and 13). His rebounding has improved a lot, and his offensive game is more confident and diverse. Really happy with how he's played so far.

YNB is back to his old self, and the young guys have all shown flashes on this trip (PJ3, Lamb, Adams, Jackson).

I'd love it if we could swing a trade for someone like Afflalo, but I'm not sure who we'd be willing to give up.

Adam Blade said:
F da Blunder.
Fuck Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes.

Lol at the Chuck post moves book, as crazy as it sounds I'd probably buy it

Also I was looking at our off/on stats and MKG gives us a +11.2 per 100 possessions point differential on defense. That's elite territory, I hope he can keep it up.

Tom Penny

I watched some of the game last night and wow at D12. You should have to return money to the team for not being able to score on Bargs in the post. What the heck do bigs like him work on the offseason? It's an embarrasment.

Disappointing to lose those two games, but I'm actually pretty encouraged by a few developments. Ibaka is turning into a legit third option (hell, he was the second option last night with 27 and 13). His rebounding has improved a lot, and his offensive game is more confident and diverse. Really happy with how he's played so far.

YNB is back to his old self, and the young guys have all shown flashes on this trip (PJ3, Lamb, Adams, Jackson).

I'd love it if we could swing a trade for someone like Afflalo, but I'm not sure who we'd be willing to give up.

Fuck Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes.

Don't be salty. Ibaka should have been ejected last year for that nut punch, so it was just karma.

Barnes is a faux thug though.

It is nice to see Jokelahomans hating on their kind doe.

The comment is on point in some ways. The Wizards have a way of playing well with their starting unit, then seeing things collapse once the bench is put in the game. It happened last night against Dallas, and it's not the first time. The numbers back this up. The Wizards' starting five of John Wall, Bradley Beal, Trevor Ariza, Nene and Marcin Gortat is outscoring opponents by 22.5 points per 100 possessions in the 89 minutes its played, according to NBA.com's stats page, and yet the Wizards are 2-5.

The problem is simple: this team has very little bench talent. And it's really hard for any amount of Wittman tinkering to cover that up.

4331489943_Wizards_needs_to_fire_Ernie_Grunfeld_xlarge.jpeg

I had hope for Seraphim and Singleton, but yeah they're pretty much certified scrubs at this point. Hopefully when Porter is healthy he'll be able to give you something decent.

masud

Banned
I watched some of the game last night and wow at D12. You should have to return money to the team for not being able to score on Bargs in the post. What the heck do bigs like him work on the offseason? It's an embarrasment.

bargDENIES.gif

How do you say formidable in Italian?

I had hope for Seraphim and Singleton, but yeah they're pretty much certified scrubs at this point. Hopefully when Porter is healthy he'll be able to give you something decent.

MKG looks great, which is good because I love the kid. Just wish he'd be a little more selfish--he's not getting enough attempts to develop properly at this rate imo.

And yea, ernie botched every pick but the obvious ones. Seraphin is probably one more skilled post players in the league, but his offensive awareness is so bad that he's almost useless.

Why is Detroit at Sacramento on ESPN tonight? How does this happen?

Huh? That's a fun game to watch. DMC is going to be super salty having to play against that frontcourt.

Having unprotected sex with ratchets and jump-offs takes up a lot of his time.

Coming for business?

Tulsa's a cool town, and it's actually fairly different from OKC. Hit me up via PM if you want some suggestions on stuff to do. :)

Actually coming for family, my wife's parents live in Tulsa. I'll shoot you a PM later, because I'm sure we're going to want to explore a bit.

MKG looks great, which is good because I love the kid. Just wish he'd be a little more selfish--he's not getting enough attempts to develop properly at this rate imo.

And yea, ernie botched every pick but the obvious ones. Seraphin is probably one more skilled post players in the league, but his offensive awareness is so bad that he's almost useless.

You're right about MKG, he's selfless to a fault really. Clifford needs to let him know he's the best all around player on the team and that it's ok to act like it, as long as you're earning it on the court.

As for your bench I blame your coaches more than Grunfeld. I was never a big fan of the Nene trade, but it's not like all the guys you drafted were out of nowhere wtf picks. Your staff just hasn't developed them worth a damn.

KingGondo

Banned
ehh im pretty sure he is talking about Griffin being from Oklahoma..
Oh, that makes more sense.

Blake's a dirty Sooner anyways, I'm not a huge fan of his.
Actually coming for family, my wife's parents live in Tulsa. I'll shoot you a PM later, because I'm sure we're going to want to explore a bit.
Cool. I'm sure your in-laws will have some good suggestions since they live there.

In short, you should definitely check out the Philbrook Mansion/Museum. Beautiful place.

no ps4 for me until next summer at the absolute earliest, but 2k's snake oil is getting to me since they seemingly added new shit to my player which is all i really like to play in 2k anymore because nba power fantasies are neat

no ps4 for me until next summer at the absolute earliest, but 2k's snake oil is getting to me since they seemingly added new shit to my player which is all i really like to play in 2k anymore because nba power fantasies are neat

What did they add besides all the off-court interview/GM shit?

I can't wait to be the next Ricky Davis

iFpWBe9QL4F2i.gif

Iggy leaves'em hangin...

It's just amazing how well he's assimilated into lineup. His statline last night was so efficient too. 14 points on 5-6 shooting, 9 assists on top of playing great D on Durant.

I didn't catch the first half but I thought O'Neal played really well in the second half on D. He was a lot more active on the defensive end than usual.

KingGondo

Banned
Ibaka ain't shit.
Coulda fooled me.

Made 39 of 57 shots (68.4%) since YNB came back
Averaging 9.8 rebounds for the season

17 and 13 vs. Dallas
25 and 12 vs. Washington
27 and 13 vs. Golden State

And he was 6-6 from the field before getting ejected from the Clips game.

It's a small sample size, but he might finally be turning into the legit third option we need to get back to the Finals.

Top Bottom