• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
iFpWBe9QL4F2i.gif

Iggy leaves'em hangin...

It's just amazing how well he's assimilated into lineup. His statline last night was so efficient too. 14 points on 5-6 shooting, 9 assists on top of playing great D on Durant.

I didn't catch the first half but I thought O'Neal played really well in the second half on D. He was a lot more active on the defensive end than usual.

Yeah it was very encouraging seeing the level of play O'Neal had last night. He had to step up as I think the that Bogut was the only Warrior who really had a poor game last night. I don't care about his scoring but he just wasn't a defensive presence at all.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Coulda fooled me.

Made 39 of 57 shots (68.4%) since YNB came back
Averaging 9.8 rebounds for the season

17 and 13 vs. Dallas
25 and 12 vs. Washington
27 and 13 vs. Golden State

And he was 6-6 from the field before getting ejected from the Clips game.

It's a small sample size, but he might finally be turning into the legit third option we need to get back to the Finals.

Still ain't shit.

But keep doing whatever you gotta do to make yourself forget about Harden.

When is the moratorium on giving Gondo shit about Harden? Aka the "Give Reilo shit for passing on Durant" rule?

I would say it's dependent on if the Rockets get further in the playoffs this year or if Fondo insists that Lamb/Stevens is better as a combo than Harden

reilo

When is the moratorium on giving Gondo shit about Harden? Aka the "Give Reilo shit for passing on Durant" rule?

He just went all Trax on us and is talking up how Ibaka is so awesome because of a 3-game stretch. It ends when he stops talking crazy, but instead he's doubling down.

Speaking of Lebron's dad, has he actually played in the regular season this year? Or is the guy really done?

Long term project, December is the earliest I'd expect him.

Carmelo Anthony had 11 free throw attempts in the New York Knicks' 109-106 loss to the Houston Rockets on Thursday night. James Harden had 18.

That didn't sit well with Anthony, who expressed frustration with calls referees made -- or didn't make.

"You look at that and you see the way that some guys get their calls; me, I got to get cut, you've got to see blood for me to get a call down there," Anthony said after the Knicks' loss. "That's where the frustration comes from."

Anthony was asked after the game whether Harden had forced his way to the line so frequently with aggressive drives to the paint. But he disagreed with that theory, seemingly taking a shot at the officials.

"We didn't put him on the line. They put him on the line," Anthony said. " ... Harden is a tough guy to guard, especially when they're calling the game the way that they called it tonight. Tough thing to guard out there."

For the game, the Rockets were 38-of-44 from the free throw line. The Knicks took 27, making 22.

Harden led the NBA in free throw attempts last season and is third this season. He was 16-of-18 on Thursday, while Anthony, his teammate on the 2012 U.S. Olympic team, was 9-for-11.
lol

Couldnt stay up to watch the game last night.I know KD was only 5 of 13 but did Iggy deny him from getting the ball or did Durant decide not to shoot that much?

I don't remember every possession he had but I wanna say he was forcing a lot of long range jumpers. They were quick releases too cause he wasn't taking any time to set up his shot.

I do remember he got blocked at least one time trying to pull his Dirk imitation.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He had a triple double the other night.

I saw the headline, but I didn't know he playing so well this season. He's a UFA after this season, too.

But the moral of the story is fuck the East. Three teams in the entire conference over .500. There's three in the Northwest division with winning records.

reilo

I saw the headline, but I didn't know he playing so well this season. He's a UFA after this season, too.

But the moral of the story is fuck the East. Three teams in the entire conference over .500. There's three in the Northwest division with winning records.

And one of them is fucking Philly with a -2.8 PPG Differential LOL.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Hey

The Bobcats are still .500 and its almost December

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 3h
Not a huge surprise here: West teams have a .639 win pct (23-13) vs. East teams so far.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
Not surprising at all.

the champs will be from the east this year tho, most likely the pacers or heat

west teams are finesse as fuck with the exception of the spurs but i'm sure pop will fuck things up again anyway

Yeah, most of the east's supposed playoff contenders are playing like hot garbage. The Nets, Bulls, Knicks, Wizards, Pistons, and Cavs are all off to bad starts. That said every single one of those teams are either integrating a new starter into their lineups, have new coaching staffs, or have guys coming back from injuries. Come January I am certain all of those teams are going to be playing much better.

oh my god I'm trying to register a new name for PSN and every fucking variation of ph33nix and pheeniks is taken

ph33nix, ph33nyx, ph33ph33, pheeniks, the pheeniks, the ph33nix, you fucking name it, NOT MINE

reilo

oh my god I'm trying to register a new name for PSN and every fucking variation of ph33nix and pheeniks is taken

ph33nix, ph33nyx, ph33ph33, pheeniks, the pheeniks, the ph33nix, you fucking name it, NOT MINE

ph00nix
ph00ph00
ph00ph00ph00nixnix

ph33knicks

You know you want to.

The Cavs are -8.67 so far, only team worse are the Jazz and only other team close are the Lakers, that's pretty brutal. The 29 point loss to the Wolves sways that a good bit, but getting blown out so often already seems like a bad sign.

linsivvi

When he stops trying to justify the trade. First it was Harden being greedy, then he told us how good Kevin Martin would fit in, then it's Lamb and Adams, and now it's Ibaka's turn.

So who's next?

reilo

When he stops trying to justify the trade. First it was Harden being greedy, then he told us how good Kevin Martin would fit in, then it's Lamb and Adams, and now it's Ibaka's turn.

So who's next?

Perry Jones!

KingGondo

Banned
Still ain't shit.

But keep doing whatever you gotta do to make yourself forget about Harden.
I didn't say anything about Harden.

It's undeniable Ibaka is playing really well right now.

IWMTB said:
The Cavs are -8.67 so far, only team worse are the Jazz and only other team close are the Lakers, that's pretty brutal. The 29 point loss to the Wolves sways that a good bit, but getting blown out so often already seems like a bad sign.
Really sucks for Cavs fans that they have such shitty ownership. Two #1 picks and two #4s in 3 years and they got one good player.

I hope Kyrie sticks around for their sakes, but I'd be surprised at this point.

reilo

Yea, you didn't say anything about Harden when you drop terms like "third option" out there. That wasn't talking about Harden at all.

KingGondo

Banned
Yea, you didn't say anything about Harden when you drop terms like "third option" out there. That wasn't talking about Harden at all.
So from now on, anytime I mention anything good about Ibaka, Lamb, Adams, or anyone involved in the Harden trade, I'm gonna get shit about it and get accused of being in denial.

Sounds conducive to quality discussion.

Ibaka posted 27 and 13 last night against a good team on the road. I should be allowed to bring some attention to it without getting bombarded by the same tired-as-fuck arguments I've heard dozens of times.

giri

Forgive me for barely watching the East, but I didn't realize Lance Stephenson is putting up 14, 6 and 6.

Lance is putting up really good stats. And he's actually playing really well.

I'm wary of his past, but if the pacers are determined to upgrade their point guard, i could see a dragic / stephenson trade happening when granger gets back, and George goes back to SG.

Still not sure i'd be happy about it though.

I'm wary of his past, but if the pacers are determined to upgrade their point guard, i could see a dragic / stephenson trade happening when granger gets back, and George goes back to SG.

Larry loves Stephenson. They won't trade him

salaries dont match

why is Indy fun to watch this year? after years of eye gouging ball from the offensive side, theyre actually fun to watch. Is it PG learning to dribble in the offseason? Luis Scola and CJ Watson?
also, a fuck you to the dude that gave me shit last year for saying PG was a stud. I cant remember which regular it was. But fuck you.

giri

Throw in Granger or something

More likely they'd throw in George hill to get his 8m per off the books.

BTW, Hill + Stephenson for Dragic works money / trade restrictions wise.

Not saying it will happen. But it works.

I'm not sure i'm ready to part with dragic though :( But the longer Bledsoe plays at this level, the more likely it is Dragic gets traded. Which sucks. The best ball movement they have is when those two are on the floor together.

Top Bottom