• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
why is Indy fun to watch this year? after years of eye gouging ball from the offensive side, theyre actually fun to watch. Is it PG learning to dribble in the offseason? Luis Scola and CJ Watson?
Paul George has taken huge strides along with hibbert.

They'll still be fugly in the playoffs though

Hibbert's offensive numbers are just heinously bad this year and he's still been one of the best players in the NBA, lol. Maybe the largest difference in offensive and defensive impact since Ben Wallace.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So from now on, anytime I mention anything good about Ibaka, Lamb, Adams, or anyone involved in the Harden trade, I'm gonna get shit about it and get accused of being in denial.

Sounds conducive to quality discussion.

Ibaka posted 27 and 13 last night against a good team on the road. I should be allowed to bring some attention to it without getting bombarded by the same tired-as-fuck arguments I've heard dozens of times.

And just like OKC took an L last night, you're taking one right now.

Gigglepoo

Larry loves winning more. But he does have a Stephenson crush. Its sort of why i feel Granger is more likely to be the trade bait, but i don't think Granger will bring back as much as Stephenson would.

Stephenson would be terrible on teams where he doesn't fit in personality wise. I think everyone knows that around the league, so his trade value would be lower than his game would have you believe.

Plus, he's perfect for the Pacers. He's not going anywhere.

I like Dragic more than Hill, but he's not enough of an upgrade to also include Stephenson in the deal. That would be a bad play for the Pacers. They only guy they should look to move is Granger.

giri

Hibbert's offensive numbers are just heinously bad this year and he's still been one of the best players in the NBA, lol. Maybe the largest difference in offensive and defensive impact since Ben Wallace.

They don't seem to be really looking for him in the post. Which is where he's mildly effecient. They seem to only ever do that in the play offs. IIRC, his regular season last year wasn't anything spectacular either.

Yeah, they weren't

Last year was 11.9 ppg, 8.3 rbg, 2.6bpg on .448 shooting.
This Year is 9.9 ppg, 8.8 rbg, 4.1bpg on .465 shooting.

Stephenson would be terrible on teams where he doesn't fit in personality wise. I think everyone knows that around the league, so his trade value would be lower than his game would have you believe.

I think his personality issues these days are seen as a thing of the past. Most teams wouldn't really consider it.

I like Dragic more than Hill, but he's not enough of an upgrade to also include Stephenson in the deal. That would be a bad play for the Pacers. They only guy they should look to move is Granger.

Granger doesn't have that value anymore. I'd argue stephensons is higher. Granger being injured for longer than Rose really lowers his value. They'd have to play Granger up until the trade deadline and he'd have to be putting up the same numbers pre-injury. But is that going to hurt PG or help?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SVG

But I have a feeling SVG likes chilling at home now and is just waiting for the best opportunity with an organization that won't screw him. But I know he has a good relationship with Morey (Both do)

Did you just suggest SVG coaching D12 as a good fit?

giri

So should Mchale be fired, who would be a good and plausible candidate outside of Phil? I feel like Alvin Gentry would be a good hire.

Gentry is an assistant with the clippers atm.

Karl would be a terrible hire.

I think they'd need to look for someone like mac-10. A defense orientated coach, or will at least hold them accountable on that end.. And someone who can implement an offensive system.

Gentry probably wouldn't be bad, because the Rockets do have a lot of good guys for the PnR and he'd just be able to use all the suns offensive sets, and he's good at holding them accountable on the defensive end. But he'd need a good defensive assistant.

Did you just suggest SVG coaching D12 as a good fit?

Unless SVG is a fraud who says things he doesn't mean, I don't think he would mind coaching Dwight again. I've heard him weekly on Dan LeBatard's radio show and he still glows about Howard and comes to his defense when the media piles on. He sounds thankful that he got to coach him. Hell, he even got Dwight to come on as a guest while he was co-hosting. So maybe they're friendly only but that's better than nothing.

Pat Riley's gone on the show and said "If I was coaching and Dwyane Wade punched me in the face before game 7, I would still play him" SVG said the same

Blackace

I think they'd need to look for someone like mac-10. A defense orientated coach, or will at least hold them accountable on that end.. And someone who can implement an offensive system.

Gentry probably wouldn't be bad, because the Rockets do have a lot of good guys for the PnR and he'd just be able to use all the suns offensive sets, and he's good at holding them accountable on the defensive end. But he'd need a good defensive assistant.

People forget that Mac-10 learned how to be a defensive coach from Karl...

Blackace

Unless SVG is a fraud who says things he doesn't mean, I don't think he would mind coaching Dwight again. I've heard him weekly on Dan LeBatard's radio show and he still glows about Howard and comes to his defense when the media piles on. He sounds thankful that he got to coach him. Hell, he even got Dwight to come on as a guest while he was co-hosting. So maybe they're friendly only but that's better than nothing.

Pat Riley's gone on the show and said "If I was coaching and Dwyane Wade punched me in the face before game 7, I would still play him" SVG said the same

Just asking for drama...

Blackace

Maybe he could teach it back to Karl because he seems to have forgotten.

I like Karl, but i just think he's lost it at this stage.
Karl coaches to his players... he hasn't had a post player since Kemp

Just asking for drama...

It's possible but I also think the two of them are able to completely put everything behind them and move on. Plus, after all the hell Dwight's been through he probably appreciates Stan a lot more

No matter where D12 goes there will be drama

Gentry is already coaching a team.

Gentry is an assistant with the clippers atm.

I know Gentry is assistant on the Clippers but I figure Morey's gonna stick with Mchale for at least this season and assistant coaches generally are easy to pry away in the offseason for head coaching gigs. I liked how he improved the Suns D that year while keeping their offense efficient while he had Nash and Amare.

giri

Karl coaches to his players... he hasn't had a post player since Kemp

Maybe, but i don't think he's aged as well as Pop. His teams didn't seem to win match ups or have counters as they should. Or even have alternatives. Their defensive schemes seemed weak and very rudimentary. Over the last few years that is.

Maybe that's me.

Some of it is the players. But he seems to be relying more and more on the offensive end to cover up for some really mediocre defense.

I just wonder if he's had his time now. Would make a good assistant. But i wonder if the cancer has taken some of his dedication out of him and that means he hasn't kept up on both ends.

I still think he's developed players really well. And he certainly got good value out of his teams in the regular season.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I know Gentry is assistant on the Clippers but I figure Morey's gonna stick with Mchale for at least this season and assistant coaches generally are easy to pry away in the offseason for head coaching gigs. I liked how he improved the Suns D that year while keeping their offense efficient while he had Nash and Amare.

Yeah, Gentry did really well with the Suns. He helped develop guys like Dudley and Dragic, too. He's a good coach, but was just put in a bad spot last season.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I wonder if the triangle could work in Houston. I'm not sure they have the right passing bigs out of the high-post to make it work.

Blackace

Maybe, but i don't think he's aged as well as Pop. His teams didn't seem to win match ups or have counters as they should. Or even have alternatives. Their defensive schemes seemed weak and very rudimentary. Over the last few years that is.

Maybe that's me.

Some of it is the players. But he seems to be relying more and more on the offensive end to cover up for some really mediocre defense.

I just wonder if he's had his time now. Would make a good assistant. But i wonder if the cancer has taken some of his dedication out of him and that means he hasn't kept up on both ends.

I still think he's developed players really well. And he certainly got good value out of his teams in the regular season.

He has always been a poor playoff coach...

Dwight, Hibbert, and West have been terrible in the post so far this year and Dwight and Hibbert were bad in the post last year as well. I don't think those teams should implement a system that would encourage even more postups.

Zep

Banned
2K next-gen is pretty awesome. The fact that certain CPU players slide over to take charges is huge and something that should have been in the game years ago.

I hope they can figure out a way to bring him back, but it's going to be hard I think. He's playing so well that he should be getting paid, but we are running out of money to get him paid! We've given so much to Roy and Paul.

So pheephee, what PSN username did you settle upon?

I ended up just sticking with the one I already had on PS3, I'm not kidding when every variation and combination of phee/ph33/nyx/nix/niks/etc. was taken. hell even when I tried signing up for twitch I had the same problems.

so my PSN ID is york887 for anybody else who has it

i dropped trent richardson , picked up Donald Brown off waivers and started him for 22 points in PPR

and that kids, is how you win fantasy

8% started? ya boi knew

Says the guy starting Rashard Mendenhall at running back. I'm still laughing at those previous trades you rejected for Doug Martin :lol

So you're telling me that you were trying to make trades that would screw you and help me win?

I should never reject a Kad trade again!

Top Bottom