• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Things worth mentioning from todays basketball games:

Wtf Nets, you kind of suck.

OKC has trouble playing consistent ball, and there is no defense. Yea, the nuggs were hot, but cmon, its the nuggets. They all look like they've been eating Dunkin Donuts while sneaking in GTAV time in between mouthfuls and telling Shaw to EAD.

Utah truly has a masterful tank going. Led by the best Tank Commander: Richard Jefferson. There is no better tank commander. I dare you to find one (Bennett doesnt count because hes apparently actually trying).

Finally, Clippers have no identity.
Dont forget Jefferson's co-pilot, John Lucas III.

He's been everything that Mayo wasn't, so far.

Mayo doesn't know how to pass the ball and he's content with shooting jump shots and threes. Ellis actually drives to the basket and has been passing well. He also gets to the free throw line way more.

I still think Dallas is a player away from contending and they'll have to trade Marion and/or Carter to get another solid player. Those guys are just too old. Dirk is apparently going to take a massive pay cut when his contract runs out so they can make a run at a solid starter in free agency.

I just realized that Dirk has a great chance of passing both KG and Reggie Miller in all time scoring this season. That is incredible.

If you take a guy with negative win shares and or a 5 PER or less as a non-NBA player, the Jazz have given 46% of their minutes this year to non-NBA players :(

Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Mike Harris, and Marvin are the only guys with NBA caliber numbers this year :/

Maybe the most dispiriting thing though is that the starters have gotten just killed so far this year. The Jazz are getting outscored by 18 points per 100 possessions with Favors, Kanter, or Hayward on the court...

The offense will probably pick up once we have an NBA caliber PG running things and the defense can be good once Favors gets more consistently engaged on defense but that will probably only happen if the rest of his teammates don't suck at defense as well and so far this year they have.

Randy Wittman will receive time to turn around the team's season, according to a source.

The Wizards playing six of their first eight games on the road impacted their slow start.

The Wizards' owners have made it clear that they expect to make the playoffs.

smh

leonsis is a huge pussy

one thing people don't realize is that all of Walls growth has come under arguably the worst coaching staffs. Flip was trash even with veterans let alone in a rebuild situation, and Wittman is clearly one of the worst NBA coaches in the league right now.

I am not buying the game again.. bad enough I have to pay to upgrade it next year

Seriously if you can just wait for 2k15. The more I find out the more disturbed I am, being forced to play every single my player game is a pain in the ass

On top of that my team just got beaten like 67-138; even though it says I am in the rotation for 15 minutes now I was out there for 40. and the other starters like Monroe and jennings played 46....in a 71 point blowout. WHY?!?!?!?!

Is it true that one of Kyrie Irving's teammates broke his nose? Seems like that entire team is on the verge of imploding.

Dion Waiters did not punch him, he got that shiner from being elbowed in the face by Corey Brewer. Teams have player-only meetings all the time, the story was overblown.

The team isn't imploding, it's November.

Christ.

Emwitus

Mayo doesn't know how to pass the ball and he's content with shooting jump shots and threes. Ellis actually drives to the basket and has been passing well. He also gets to the free throw line way more.

I still think Dallas is a player away from contending and they'll have to trade Marion and/or Carter to get another solid player. Those guys are just too old. Dirk is apparently going to take a massive pay cut when his contract runs out so they can make a run at a solid starter in free agency.

I just realized that Dirk has a great chance of passing both KG and Reggie Miller in all time scoring this season. That is incredible.

I think your team has to really be aggressive this year via trades. Dirk has been incredible this season and he isn't getting any younger. I say keep marion and vince, you need that vet experience more in the playoff and use picks instead if you have any.

Dion Waiters did not punch him, he got that shiner from being elbowed in the face by Corey Brewer. Teams have player-only meetings all the time, the story was overblown.

Christ.

You're right

Cavaliers implosions take place in June and July

LuchaShaq

Banned
As someone who always thought lin was severely overrated dude is making me eat crow so far.

18-5, 50% fg 44% 3p fg. Not an all star pg but certainly worthy of that 2nd tier of guys like conley/Hill/etc if he steps up the defense.

Christ.

With Comic Sans ownership and Mike freaking Brown as your leadership the cavs are constantly imploding. The only thing to prevent that would be the best player of his generation to make up for their lack of competence. Kyrie needs to form an exit plan ASAP and ditch that shithole of an organization/city.

KingGondo

Banned
Daily Thunder said:
Before the game there were two guys sitting courtside wearing Rockets jerseys. KD came over and asked them, “Do ya’ll know where you’re at?” The story is, one of their dads bought the tickets but is from Houston and told them if they were going to go, they had to wear that.

However, the jerseys didn’t last long as Clay Bennett apparently came over and told them to take them off, saying “lose them.” The irony here is excruciating since, you know, that Rockets Harden jersey wouldn’t even exist if Bennett would’ve just… oh forget it.
http://dailythunder.com/2013/11/kd-shimmies-westbrook-crosses-and-okc-hangs-on-115-113-over-denver/

Bennett is a dick.

You're right

Cavaliers implosions take place in June and July

This x1000%

I swear a monkey could run this organization better.

With Comic Sans ownership and Mike freaking Brown as your leadership the cavs are constantly imploding. The only thing to prevent that would be the best player of his generation to make up for their lack of competence. Kyrie needs to form an exit plan ASAP and ditch that shithole of an organization/city.

I've already gone over why Mike Brown isn't the problem and am not going to constantly revisit that topic; if you want to ignore facts and place an unreasonable amount of blame on the coach then go ahead.

Too bad Kyrie isn't leaving for a loooong time. It's nice to want things.

Jeff-DSA

I feel like I should run down to the Jazz practice facility and beat John Lucas III out for the job. I know that I couldn't be worse, and I'll demand less money.

linsivvi

Then there was Fisher. I’ll be honest: Brooks started the fourth with Jackson, Fisher, Lamb, Durant and Collison, and I was wondering why Fisher was in the game and not Perry Jones, who seemed to be a better fit against the Nuggets’ unit on the floor. Then Brooks subbed and left Fisher on the floor, instead taking Lamb off for Westbrook. I went from wondering to KD-why-God-why exasperation.

Except it completely paid off. The Thunder’s big run, erasing a 12-point fourth quarter deficit, happened with Fisher on the floor. In fact, Fisher’s defense and energy was actually a catalyst for it, as he bodied and defended Nate Robinson, Ty Lawson and Andre Miller all over the floor. Fisher blew up passing lanes, hustled through pick-and-rolls and just basically played his high-butt off for all 12 minutes of the fourth. The Thunder don’t win this game without him tonight.

Reads like fan fiction. Is that really how it came down?

ss_b5081e6abe8bce85efe62f285e7e5afd2985bfd3.1920x1080.jpg

And people really think LeBron is going back to Cleveland after this season. :jnc
Lebron's wife is opening up a store pretty soon in Miami(if it ain't open already) to join Lebron and his clothing/shoe store that he opened a while ago.

And apparently he's in talk with David Beckham to bring a soccer team to southbeach.

Www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1620...s-talking-mls-franchise-david-beckham?cc=4716

I don't know the extent of his stores or whatever in Ohio, but he seems to be getting pretty comfortable here. #IJS

Ellis has been a revelation, and I can't wait for Larkin to get more minutes. I liked Larkin's quote "If you don't know what you're doing out there, get the ball to Dirk." He gets it.

At this point, Matrix has the most value, but I could argue he is too essential for the mavs to part ways with. Still a good-to-great two-way player, and he's shooting 43% on 3s right now (tied with Dirk). I would get rid of Carter...I kind of wish we still had Corey Brewer though.

Yeah, he should pass KG in about 7 games or so based on current averages, and he might even jump up from 16-12th if he can average 19+ pts/game for about 60 games.

RK PLAYER PTS
1 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
2 Karl Malone 36,928
3 Michael Jordan 32,292
4 KOBE BRYANT 31,617
5 Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
6 Shaquille O'Neal 28,596
7 Moses Malone 27,409
8 Elvin Hayes 27,313
9 Hakeem Olajuwon 26,946
10 Oscar Robertson 26,710
11 Dominique Wilkins 26,668
12 John Havlicek 26,395
13 Alex English 25,613
14 KEVIN GARNETT 25,336
15 Reggie Miller 25,279
16 DIRK NOWITZKI 25,263
17 Jerry West 25,192
18 Patrick Ewing 24,815
19 Allen Iverson 24,368
20 PAUL PIERCE 24,140
21 RAY ALLEN 23,881
TIM DUNCAN 23,881
23 Charles Barkley 23,757
24 Robert Parish 23,334
25 Adrian Dantley 23,177
*Active players are in CAPS.

He'd get max even with a torn ACL next year.

Team success usually doesn't affect guys this early in their careers enough for them to take a QO though.

KingGondo

Banned
He'd get max even with a torn ACL next year.

Team success usually doesn't affect guys this early in their careers enough for them to take a QO though.
Utter incompetence from the ownership and FO could though.

The Cavs don't appear to be any better than they were when he was drafted, and their draft picks besides him have sucked.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yea, the Cavs have a REALLY bad drafting history. You are so right Gondo! You REALLY nailed that one.

KingGondo

Banned
The Cavs have had 4 top 4 picks in the last 3 years (two #1's and two #4's):

Kyrie: legit, totally worthy of #1 pick
Thompson: mediocre
Waiters: below average
Bennett: possibly an all-time bust

reilo said:
Yea, the Cavs have a REALLY bad drafting history. You are so right Gondo! You REALLY nailed that one.
Why are you such a dick to me in this thread?

reilo

So, after 11 games, Wesley Matthews has a 70.5TS%, 68.8 eFG%, and a league best 137 ORtg.

Wtf.

KingGondo

Banned
Because your love for Ibaka fuels my sarcasm.
From now on, when Ibaka puts up a strong double double, or gets a crucial offensive board, or hits a big shot, I'll just shut up.

Because apparently I'm just betraying my subliminal grief over the Harden trade anytime I talk positively about him.

I think Kyrie is unlikely to bolt after his rookie deal just because it's so early in his career and the money is so much, but the fact that we're even discussing it as a possibility is embarrassing for the Cavs as a franchise.

reilo

From now on, when Ibaka puts up a strong double double, or gets a crucial offensive board, or hits a big shot, I'll just shut up.

Because apparently I'm just betraying my subliminal grief over the Harden trade anytime I talk positively about him.

I just want you to see the light and realize that Ibaka is nothing more than JJ Hickson with a huge contract.

I think Kyrie is unlikely to bolt after his rookie deal just because it's so early in his career and the money is so much, but the fact that we're even discussing it as a possibility is embarrassing for the Cavs as a franchise.

What about all of those times we discuss Durant leaving? Isn't that embarrassing, too? It's just fan and journalist conjecture because everyone wants to believe that the best players want to play somewhere sunnier.

Top Bottom