• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

What about all of those times we discuss Durant leaving? Isn't that embarrassing, too? It's just fan and journalist conjecture because everyone wants to believe that the best players want to play somewhere sunnier.

Exactly. Heck, Before Paul George signed his max deal there were people saying he wanted to go to LA because he loves Kobe.

KingGondo

Banned
What about all of those times we discuss Durant leaving? Isn't that embarrassing, too? It's just fan and journalist conjecture because everyone wants to believe that the best players want to play somewhere sunnier.
Kyrie's situation is way different than Durant's. The Cavs have given Kyrie zero reason to believe they can build a contender around him thus far.

I'll withhold judgment until the end of the season, but if the Cavs miss the playoffs this year

Well, good to hear the former President is not completely useless.
He hasn't been as bad as he was last year during the regular season, but Brooks still likes to play him far too much. I wish he'd give young guys like Lamb or PJ3 some burn in those situations.

Sounds sustainable.

ballot gonna kill ya

wes3goggles.jpg

diehard

Fleer
yeah...no. This is something the sports world likes to use to make players seem healthier.

Symptoms of the concussion may be mild but the concussion itself isn't mild. You're either concussed or you're not.

Uh no there are different grades of concussions, that is like saying all broken bones or lacerations are the same.

giri

Uh no there are different grades of concussions, that is like saying all broken bones or lacerations are the same.

I think it's misleading in one sense. There are no "minor" concussions. They're all bad.

But they do scale when compared to each other.

It's like saying it's only a minor gunshot wound. Sure. Could be worse. But you still got shot.

All concussions are bad, but that seemed like it could have been very bad and it looks like it didn't turn out as badly as it could have. I don't know that much about concussions (except they're bad and getting a lot of them is very bad) so I guess my relief could be totally unfounded.

The "mild" in "mild concussion" refers to the symptoms, not how damaging the actual concussion is to a person. A hairline fracture is physically different from a full break, a mild ankle sprain is physically discernible for a severe one. Not true of "mild concussions" as it says nothing of the damage actually done. As Giri says, it is misleading.

Most (if not all at this point) neurologists do not accept that there are "minor" or "mild" concussions, only symptoms.

The grading scale, fwiw, is also based on the symptoms not the actual damage to the brain.

A concussion is brain injury.

All concussions are bad, but that seemed like it could have been very bad and it looks like it didn't turn out as badly as it could have. I don't know that much about concussions (except they're bad and getting a lot of them is very bad) so I guess my relief could be totally unfounded.

Just because his symptoms are mild doesn't mean the concussion isn't very damaging. We just don't know, tbh.

diehard

Fleer
The "mild" in "mild concussion" refers to the symptoms, not how damaging the actual concussion is to a person. A hairline fracture is physically different from a full break, a mild ankle sprain is physically discernible for a severe one. Not true of "mild concussions" as it says nothing of the damage actually done. As Giri says, it is misleading.

Most (if not all at this point) neurologists do not accept that there are "minor" or "mild" concussions, only symptoms.

The grading scale, fwiw, is also based on the symptoms not the actual damage to the brain.

A concussion is brain injury.

This still isn't true, just because a concussion is a metabolic and not a anatomical injury does not mean there can't be varying degrees of of it.

The grading scale is based on symptoms because of the difficulty to assess the damage through actual measurable means.

To suggest that there are varying degrees of concussion severity is wrong.

Now to suggest that any concussion can't be "mild" just because it is still something serious with unknown lasting ramifications then yes, there no is "mild" concussion.

Sure, the severity of damage from a concussion varies but we don't know if steph curry's concussion is of the lower variety.

They called it mild because his symptoms are mild (that said, if that's true it's odd that he'd have to sit out a game since IIRC, that means under 15 mins of symptoms so why is he out?) not because they know the damage is of the lesser variety.

And like I said, most neurologists don't believe in minor concussions since it is already classified as a mild traumatic brain injury.

Emwitus

I wouldn't be so sure. He was only 50K votes short of getting in last seaosn. Harden had like half of his votes.

That's not to say he deserves to start in the allstar game, but don't underestimate the Chinese votes.

I seriously doubt lin will get in over westbrook, harden, curry, parker, paul, or injured kobe. (maybe for injured kobe)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I seriously doubt lin will get in over westbrook, harden, lillard, curry, paul, or injured kobe. (maybe for injured kobe)

China vote is crazy

Yao and McGrady were getting massive vote numbers even when they were ass/gone

giri

I seriously doubt lin will get in over westbrook, harden, curry, parker, paul, or injured kobe. (maybe for injured kobe)

My Votes were Rubio and Klay. With M.Gasol , Durant and the brow i think.

Just cause it would be fun to see Rubio with those guys.

exarkun

China vote is crazy

Yao and McGrady were getting massive vote numbers even when they were ass/gone

Take that shit back, he was never ass, he was just injured. And when he was injured, he didn't play. McGrady was ass, Yao gave us everything and more: the Chinese connection that keeps on giving.

I thought Udrih was gonna get his pockets picked but his first pass ended up being a TO. Close enough.

GODNANI. Man I wish that dunk went in but still gets the &1.

I just hope Rose doesn't get elected. He shouldn't be rewarded for taking an entire year to come back at full strength and then suck ass.

The only Bull earning a spot on the All-Star roster right now is...
Carlos Boozer.

Top Bottom