• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

that doesnt matter if you have a abnormally high efficiency rate.

the "scoring on a bad team" argument doesnt work when you are highly efficient.

My point is that his efficiency will come back down to earth while his usage rate will stay high. It doesn't take much to see that., duh.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
After last night... Wow

I will eat the crow. I have no idea how the nets even make the playoffs

Tom Penny

Cafe sua da is bliss.

Yep. Ice + condesed milk +

41rQv-8FvgL._SX342_.jpg

51ixfB9mg2L._SY445_.jpg

:)

diehard

Fleer
After last night... Wow

I will eat the crow. I have no idea how the nets even make the playoffs

their offense is awful without Deron.. i still think they get it together.

unless that ankle is behind help

KG with one of the biggest dropoffs ive ever seen though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
their offense is awful without Deron.. i still think they get it together.

unless that ankle is behind help
Deron was getting outplayed by Livingston this year at times too.

They look beyond redemption man. They were getting ran off the court before Charlotte packed it in.

Branduil

Hey Brandi:

SaL2jVD.jpg

bought and paid for, right?

If they called that foul, Harden shoots two free throws and the Rockets still lose. They were actually trying to screw the Mavs over again like in that playoff game against Carmelo, but Harden just sucks at making that shot.

Still better than the Knicks and the Nets tho.

Meh, both teams play in the Least conference, they'll rack up more wins in the end. The Kings are the bigger threat but after beating us twice they only have one less win. It's hard to imagine we'll have the worst record in the league unless Bledsoe and or Dragic go out for long stretches but we all know that the worst record never gets the #1 pick anyway.

Tom Penny

Danny should have held on to PP and KG, we would probably have less wins with them on the team.

Nah. Sully an Olynk getting thrown into starter roles which is good. Everyone else on the team can kick rocks minus Rondo. Get rid of all of them. Maybe Bradley has a role.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Brooklyn shot something stupid like 70% in the first quarter against Portland and then 22% for the rest of the game. Their offense is trash. Hard to say if they can turn it around but it all depends on what Deron Williams is capable of.

Bropez has been a near superstar so far this year so as long as he can keep that level up and Deron and AK47 get healthy enough to play at the level they were at last year, they should get to the 4th seed even with league-bottom play from KG.

I don't know how much blame Kidd should get with the entire team injured.

Branduil

Lol for a man with no heart and soul to say that

More details:

Carter, an Orlando resident who has played countless summer pickup games with Howard and spent a season and change as his teammate with the Magic, said after the game that they’re buddies. But Carter certainly didn’t back off his comment.

“All the time,” Carter said of Howard’s whining to officials. “He always talks about how I’m a crybaby. I was like, ‘Yo, you’re the biggest crybaby I know.’ And then later, he’s like, ‘Yo, why’d you say that to me?’ But I know Dwight. It’s all good, but he is [a crybaby].

“I mean, he takes a lot of punishment, but I’m like, ‘Yo, c’mon Dwight, c’mon. You elbowed, you’re sitting in the paint the entire time. What are you whining about?’ He told me to stop crying. I was like, ‘What? Are you serious?’”

Yes.

As long as your grinder has an adjustable setting for the coarseness of the grind and its relatively new you should be fine. Also, depending on how much coffee you want (or if you're entertaining) you should consider getting the 8 cup version of the french press.

Get GOOD coffee, grind right before brewing, and keep your beans in an airtight or vacuum sealed container away from light. A kettle for boiling your water is nice, but you could do it in the microwave too.

Grind > boil > pour your hot water over the grinds > stir > let set for 2.5-3 minutes > pour

Grate a little FRESH nutmeg and/or cinnamon on top (this also works to substantially improve bad starbucks coffee). Also, another recent discovery I made was getting fresh cardamom pods, opening up a couple, and throwing the seeds into the grinds before pouring water on top. Gives it a nice aromatic floral spice note.

Remember kids, LIGHT ROASTS have MORE caffeine than DARK ROASTS.

Bropez has been a near superstar so far this year so as long as he can keep that level up and Deron and AK47 get healthy enough to play at the level they were at last year, they should get to the 4th seed even with league-bottom play from KG.

I don't know how much blame Kidd should get with the entire team injured.

Kidd isn't to blame here.

Their team is injured...and worse, it's old and slow.

They have too much depth where even if all of those guys except for Lopez are on the decline or washed up/bench fodder/role players, they should turn things around soon.

The Knicks on the other hand...without Tyson to fix the defensive mistakes of literally everyone else on the roster, there is no way they can even hope to be .500 - especially since they can't run enough of an offense to score its way to cheap wins (bad PG play).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yes.

As long as your grinder has an adjustable setting for the coarseness of the grind and its relatively new you should be fine. Also, depending on how much coffee you want (or if you're entertaining) you should consider getting the 8 cup version of the french press.

Get GOOD coffee, grind right before brewing, and keep your beans in an airtight or vacuum sealed container away from light. A kettle for boiling your water is nice, but you could do it in the microwave too.

Grind > boil > pour your hot water over the grinds > stir > let set for 2.5-3 minutes > pour

Grate a little FRESH nutmeg and/or cinnamon on top (this also works to substantially improve bad starbucks coffee). Also, another recent discovery I made was getting fresh cardamom pods, opening up a couple, and throwing the seeds into the grinds before pouring water on top. Gives it a nice aromatic floral spice note.

Remember kids, LIGHT ROASTS have MORE caffeine than DARK ROASTS.

Sweet. I won't have much trouble finding good coffee in Portland lol.

And most of my friends don't drink coffee and I hardly ever entertain, so I only need enough for myself.

im surprised there hasn't been a mention of wiggins relatively lukewarm performance against iona state, 13 points on 4/9 shooting

so far he's basically looked like demar derozan

exarkun

im surprised there hasn't been a mention of wiggins relatively lukewarm performance against iona state, 13 points on 4/9 shooting

so far he's basically looked like demar derozan

Hes already more of a team player than Demar ever has been. And his defense has been good. I would say hes playing within himself, and when he becomes more comfortable with his teammates he'll start to shine.

Hes already more of a team player than Demar ever has been. And his defense has been good. I would say hes playing within himself, and when he becomes more comfortable with his teammates he'll start to shine.

i'm just surprised that he was heralded as a lebron level prospect when he's clearly not that. i think his perimeter game is pretty subpar for a blue-chip wing.

Meh, it's super early and there's already three other guys that look or have looked great in Randle, Parker, and Exum.

is exum doing anything now are we still running off the u19 fiba performance? not denying exum is good (though his inability to shoot off the bounce is kind of worrying) but it's a pretty small sample size.

Good thing about Wiggins is his numbers look alright despite the fact that he looks completely disinterested

There's been stuff written about him in the past about him not really giving a shit, then he'll turn in the occasional performance to prove the doubters wrong. I'm expecting the same this year.

Not sure how that sort of attitude translates to the NBA though.

I don't like Smart that much, because I don't like guards that struggle with their handle and shot, but he's been filling up the stat sheet so far. He's been averaging almost a 20-5-5-5. If he keeps that up I might have to reevaluate my opinion.

I don't like Smart that much, because I don't like guards that struggle with their handle and shot, but he's been filling up the stat sheet so far. He's been averaging almost a 20-5-5-5. If he keeps that up I might have to reevaluate my opinion.

the 39 point game was a bit flukey since he was throwing up westbrook-esque shots but he's looked a lot better this year, love his ability to
flop
draw fouls. kevin pelton's nba projection stats rate him highly too so i dunno.

Top Bottom