• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

is exum doing anything now are we still running off the u19 fiba performance? not denying exum is good (though his inability to shoot off the bounce is kind of worrying) but it's a pretty small sample size.

No, and that probably gives him more risk since there's greater odds his play was fluky, but I'm just saying that people might not need to be as worried about Wiggins being great to start than other prospects. Drummond went months with little criticism for his just terrible play and I think that was partially because Davis and MKG started the year so well. It's really early so there's a lot of time to see what happens with really raw guys like Wiggins and Embiid.

the 39 point game was a bit flukey since he was throwing up westbrook-esque shots but he's looked a lot better this year, love his ability to
flop
draw fouls. kevin pelton's nba projection stats rate him highly too so i dunno.

It's his steal rate, for some reason it correlates strongly with NBA success. MCW is the latest example, so the correlation seems legit to me. Noel had a high steal rate too, so it's a safe bet that Hinkie is a believer.

Carter fakes injuries and calls for wheelchairs all the time but he's completely right about Dwight Howard fishing for calls. Dwight Howard, throughout his entire career, has been more interested in complaining about getting beat up in the pain rather than putting time into shooting free throws better and developing more than two post moves.

SUPREME1

Banned
Sweet. I won't have much trouble finding good coffee in Portland lol.

And most of my friends don't drink coffee and I hardly ever entertain, so I only need enough for myself.

Aside from what's already been stated (quality of coffee, storage/keep, and hardware) you might want to add some cinnamon during the brewing process.

If you have a drip machine, half a stick of cinnamon buried in the grounds is magical. Something about the cinnamon being infused during the brewing process.

If using a press, which is the best way imo, throw it in there as well. though you won't be able to press the plunger all the way down, robbing yourself of some of the oils associated with pressed coffee.

I'd also advise you to look into "piloncillo" sometimes called "panocha" as a sweetener. The genuine Mexican kind that comes in the shape of a cone. It's rock cane sugar and it's amazing. Throw it in a pot with some water and heat until it melts and you can keep it in a jar as a syrup-like sweetener. It won't harden due to the water content and you can adjust the amount of water for the consistency you are looking for. Less water and you get a molasses like thickness, more water and it thins out. YouTube it!

Enjoy.

Hahahah got this ad on gaf earlier.

M17plOD.jpg

KD so angry.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Aside from what's already been stated (quality of coffee, storage/keep, and hardware) you might want to add some cinnamon during the brewing process.

If you have a drip machine, half a stick of cinnamon buried in the grounds is magical. Something about the cinnamon being infused during the brewing process.

If using a press, which is the best way imo, throw it in there as well. though you won't be able to press the plunger all the way down, robbing yourself of some of the oils associated with pressed coffee.

I'd also advise you to look into "piloncillo" sometimes called "panocha" as a sweetener. The genuine Mexican kind that comes in the shape of a cone. It's rock cane sugar and it's amazing. Throw it in a pot with some water and heat until it melts and you can keep it in a jar as a syrup-like sweetener. It won't harden due to the water content and you can adjust the amount of water for the consistency you are looking for. Less water and you get a molasses like thickness, more water and it thins out. YouTube it!

Enjoy.

Awesome advice, thanks!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cinnamon sounds good...

It comes down to the beans and type of roast tho

Doesn't say much, but Adams is a definite upgrade over Perkins

Adams has a higher ceiling IMO as well. Perkins will probably be traded before the all-star break as well with Adams getting more and more minutes. Perkins is expensive for a back up center that doesn't play much.

Presti can probably get a good deal for him I'd imagine, Perkins has one more year on his contract after the season.

edit:perkins contract was backloaded though with 9 mil owed for next year so I don't know how much it would affect his value.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Adams has a higher ceiling IMO as well. Perkins will probably be traded before the all-star break as well with Adams getting more and more minutes. Perkins is expensive for a back up center that doesn't play much.

Presti can probably get a good deal for him I'd imagine, Perkins has one more year on his contract after the season.
Are you crazy? Presto would have to give up a first rounder and beg to get someone to take perk.

Top Bottom