• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Pimpwerx

Is that jackass Kerr still hyped about the Bulls being the team to knockoff the Heat this year? What a clown. That was totally a homer pick. Indy was already on a trajectory to surpass them, and unlike Chicago, they have multiple scorers and more-importantly, multiple playmakers. I'm quite surprised Chicago is underperforming to start the season, but not surprised that they still have offensive woes. They refuse to fix them, so they'll run into the same issues come postseason. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is it a surprise that dork makes an appearance the moment I call Heat fans sensitive?

So so sensitive.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
My goodness, they even defend each other, how cute! Although, it seems that Pimp is the alpha of that relationship.

People who don't think of Magic as a point guard don't deserve to watch basketball.

I dont think lebron is a PG either and Lebron handles the ball more than Magic did.

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Before we put him next to dudes who aren't playing anymore

Is Chris Paul even as good as Tony Parker?

I'd say so. When it comes to taking over and just imposing his will on a game, I think Paul is on another level. It depends on your preferences really, stats are very similar.

It takes a solid month or two for guys to shake off the rust of not playing. Rubio was grade A awful when he first came back and didn't really return to his old level until February. So I expect Rose will start playing with more consistency by the end of the year.

Emwitus

Before we put him next to dudes who aren't playing anymore

Is Chris Paul even as good as Tony Parker?

No. Like someone said, he isn't even prime nash level good yet.

I dont think lebron is a PG either and Lebron handles the ball more than Magic did.

I'd say so. When it comes to taking over and just imposing his will on a game, I think Paul is on another level. It depends on your preferences really, stats are very similar.

What? You don't average as many assists as magic without handling the ball ALOT.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I guess if you don't think of magic as a PG, he'd certainly be in he discussion. Its just insane how good of a basketball player he is at that size.

Think Magic Zeke GP and Kidd were all better than him

I seriously say GP was one of the best two way players to play the game...

What? You don't average as many assists as magic without handling the ball ALOT.

Don't know about more than Magic...

There wasn't really another good ballhandler on showtime
I was going by usage.

As far as the Chris Paul argument, there isn't a guy you named that we couldn't swap CP3 with and the team be as successful or even better. IMO.

Blackace

I was going by usage.

As far as the Chris Paul argument, there isn't a guy you named that we couldn't swap CP3 with and the team be as successful or even better. IMO.

I pretty much call BS on this...

The Bad Boys with CP3? Naw they ain't as good or better...

I mean GP Zeke and Kidd played game changing D

And Magic was magic...

That ESPN thing where some of their writers rated Oscar Robertson and CP3 over Magic was very strange. CP3 and Oscar had better PERs, but Magic lead his team to ridiculous offensive marks every year if someone is just looking at it statistically. Oscar especially is strange to argue for. He didn't really win anything ever as a #1 guy even when he was playing with another top 10 player in the league.

"The starting lineup of Chris Paul, Redick, Dudley, Griffin and Jordan has played together for almost 40 percent of the team’s total minutes this season. As a unit, the starters surrender only 99.3 points per 100 possessions, which would rank sixth in the NBA."

"For instance, the Clippers’ top four performers -- Paul, Redick, Griffin and Jordan -- maintain that 99.3 defensive rating, and they’ve been on the floor for almost exactly one-half the action this season. When those four guys aren’t on the floor, that rating drops to 111.3 -- beyond awful, like 2005-06 Sonics, worst-of-all-time awful. "

"When Byron Mullens is on the floor, the Clippers are 18.2 points worse defensively. His defensive rating of 120.7 is far and away the worse this season for any player who sees the court regularly, with Jordan Hamilton a very distant second at 116.4. In fact, even though Mullens plays only 20 percent of the Clippers’ minutes, if he’s on the bench at a given moment, the team goes from a 27th-ranked defense to one that would be ranked 17th, just behind the Rockets."

"It’s early in the season, but among the 10 most commonly used lineups by the Clippers, five would qualify as the league’s worst defense. Four of those five units are led by a backcourt of Darren Collison and Jamal Crawford."

Clippers desperately need Ekpe Udoh or someone like him.

I pretty much call BS on this...

The Bad Boys with CP3? Naw they ain't as good or better...

I mean GP Zeke and Kidd played game changing D

And Magic was magic...
And Paul defends too, creates turnovers as well. He's not elite defensively but he is far from a liability. I think his offensive game is game changing though, there's few 1 guards who control a game quite as well. I'd put Kidd up there in that regard but he couldn't get his own shot off half as well. Zeke struck me more as a go with the flow kind if guy.

Blackace

And Paul defends too, creates turnovers as well. He's not elite defensively but he is far from a liability. I think his offensive game is game changing though, there's few 1 guards who control a game quite as well. I'd put Kidd up there in that regard but he couldn't get his own shot off half as well. Zeke struck me more as a go with the flow kind if guy.

GP controlled the game quite well and beat other PGs down

And Zeke dominated... nothing going with the flow he was the flow

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That ESPN thing where some of their writers rated Oscar Robertson and CP3 over Magic was very strange. CP3 and Oscar had better PERs, but Magic lead his team to ridiculous offensive marks every year if someone is just looking at it statistically. Oscar especially is strange to argue for. He didn't really win anything ever as a #1 guy even when he was playing with another top 10 player in the league.

Clippers desperately need Ekpe Udoh or someone like him.
Byron Mullens

Tank Espionage

linsivvi

Get that shit out of here. Nash is a byproduct of Pringles ball. Inflated offensive stats and will never win anything because they only play at one side of the court. Steve fucking Blake is top 10 in the league in assists right now. That's all you need to know.

Trying to minimize Kidd and GP's defensive advantage over CP by saying he defends and is not a liability when for a chunk of his career he was a bad defender and a liability.. is just cute.

Top Bottom