• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I just don't think either were quite on CPs level in that regard. *shrugs*

I never really implied that sideshow bob.

GP wasn't as good at distributing that it for sure but man even with hand checks he was tough to stop

Zeke had a 21ppg 14ast season that was insane

And his 1988 playoff game on a ruined ankle was super human

Also his middle name is Lord

Get that shit out of here. Nash is a byproduct of Pringles ball. Inflated offensive stats and will never win anything because they only play at one side of the court. Steve fucking Blake is top 10 in the league in assists right now. That's all you need to know.

He might have inflated numbers because of Pringles ball but whoa whoa whoa, Nash is still absolutely a premiere point guard

Defense is still ass though so yeah I would take other HOFers over him

Isiah and Kidd were really not efficient, I don't know if Kidd's defense can really overcome his lack of quality scoring when compared to CP3 and I don't know if Isiah really has any advantages over CP3 other than playoff success and Isiah played with a ton of great players.

Isiah's 14 APG season came at a pace of 105, CP3's teams are usually around 90.

Emwitus

Get that shit out of here. Nash is a byproduct of Pringles ball. Inflated offensive stats and will never win anything because they only play at one side of the court. Steve fucking Blake is top 10 in the league in assists right now. That's all you need to know.

I guess pringles gave him an inflated fg% too? How about getting his team to the brisk of the finals without pringles and being one of the best offensive teams ever? Are you seriously using steve blake as a knock on nash? Are you freaking kidding me? How many pgs had pringles had? How many are two time mvps? Get THAT Shit out of here.

Blackace

Isiah and Kidd were really not efficient, I don't know if Kidd's defense can really overcome his lack of quality scoring when compared to CP3 and I don't know if Isiah really has any advantages over CP3 other than playoff success and Isiah played with a ton of great players.

Lord Thomas early years weren't star studded

He has two seasons of legend

Kidd's D and rebounding were really good

Nash seriously has a case for greatest shooter ever and he ran the best offenses of the 00s. He was never on CP3's level, but Pringles was made by Nash more than the opposite.

CP holds guys to around the league average on all fronts. And hes been on some shit defensive teams, not to mention his defensive first and second team wins. Yeah but I suppose that the numbers and everyone else are wrong because well, Moris said...

Blackace

Nash seriously has a case for greatest shooter ever and he ran the best offenses of the 00s. He was never on CP3's level, but Pringles was made by Nash more than the opposite.

If he wasn't one of the worse defenders I have ever seen

I'm pretty sure all Steve Nash led teams have two things in common

Excellent offense, tops in the league
Horrendous defense, down near the bottom

CP holds guys to around the league average on all fronts. And hes been on some shit defensive teams, not to mention his defensive first and second team wins. Yeah but I suppose that the numbers and everyone else are wrong because well, Moris said...

Making the defensive team as an argument lol

Also modernly CP is an average defender but his early years as a hornet he was flat out bad.

His time as an average defender will likely be short lived given his height, age and condition of his knees.

KingGondo

Banned
ibaJbxmHLvvthw.gif
<3 Steven Adams.

Also:
@FisolaNYDN: Like I said, since last December MSG was looking for a Dolan Q&A but questions had to be submitted in advance & you must ask about his music
Dolan is such a clown.

Making the defensive team as an argument lol

Also modernly CP is an average defender but his early years as a hornet he was flat out bad.

His time as an average defender will likely be short lived given his height, age and condition of his knees.

No, the argument is that he holds opponents to league averages(below in some years) and he usually tops the league in turnovers forced. The defensive team is an aside. Do try to keep up

No, the argument is that he holds opponents to league averages(below in some years) and he usually tops the league in turnovers forced. The defensive team is an aside. Do try to keep up

Trying to insult people responding to what you write is pretty shitty and immature.

Anyway, is forced turnovers the new blocks = defense?

linsivvi

I guess pringles gave him an inflated fg% too? How about getting his team to the brisk of the finals without pringles and being one of the best offensive teams ever? Are you seriously using steve blake as a knock on nash? Are you freaking kidding me? How many pgs had pringles had? How many are two time mvps? Get THAT Shit out of here.

How cute. Almost getting to the finals. Wow, such a great accomplishment. Almost made me forgot you root for the Celtics and the Lakers. And they lost soundly in the conference finals. It wasn't even close. So no, your statement as false. But since we are on the subject of almost, how about almost getting his team eliminated in the first round against a one man team? Everyone knows he didn't deserve that 2nd MVP.

When did I use Steve Blake as a knock on Nash? Maybe you should trying reading? I used Steve as a long line of example of how players' numbers got inflated under Pringles, who generously let his players spend energy on only one side of the court. Jeremy Lin got paid. Earl Clark got paid. And the way things are going, Jodie Meeks will get paid.

Was Nash very good? Yes. Was he better than CP3? Absolutely not. Was his offensive numbers inflated due to Pringles? Check his TS%. While it remained high, it dropped significantly once Pringles was fired. Numbers don't lie.

Nash was a good help defender but yeah, prolific scoring PGs would eat him alive on that end. Thing is, he more than made up for it with what he brought to the table. He is one of very few players in recent times that truly made all the players around him better. That is an invaluable commodity. The combination of selflessness and passing ability and as if that wasn't enough, he's an amazing shooter and someone you could have absolute confidence in at the line when the game is decided on those charity shots in the closing seconds. MVP MVP I will always appreciate what he did for us even if we couldn't get over the hump. It would be nice for him to swing back over and retire without playing. He retires here in my mind regardless, he was never a Laker, they just gave us a couple free picks.

How cute. Almost getting to the finals. Wow, such a great accomplishment. Almost made me forgot you root for the Celtics and the Lakers. And they lost soundly in the conference finals. It wasn't even close. So no, your statement as false. But since we are on the subject of almost, how about almost getting his team eliminated in the first round against a one man team? Everyone knows he didn't deserve that 2nd MVP.

When did I use Steve Blake as a knock on Nash? Maybe you should trying reading? I used Steve as a long line of example of how players' numbers got inflated under Pringles, who generously let his players spend energy on only one side of the court. Jeremy Lin got paid. Earl Clark got paid. And the way things are going, Jodie Meeks will get paid.

Was Nash very good? Yes. Was he better than CP3? Absolutely not. Was his offensive numbers inflated due to Pringles? Check his TS%. While it remained high, it dropped significantly once Pringles was fired. Numbers don't lie.
Oh please, you're really trying to knock Nash like he couldn't accomplish much? We'd have at least two rings if Joe Johnson didn't bust his face in the playoffs and Stern didn't fuck us against the Spurs. Does anyone really doubt we'd have gone all the way if not for the hip check fiasco? Cavs in the finals? Easiest finals match up in years. At the end of the day, we didn't make it but lets not pretend that Nash wasn't good enough to accomplish more. Nash most certainly did deserve a second MVP, just not the year he got it. He should have got it the following year when Dirk laughably got it. It evened out.

Nash prime over CP3 prime no question. CP3 is great but he isn't as good a pure shooter or FT shooter nor as good a passer. He also didn't elevate his teammates games like Nash did. He racks up numbers and is terrific, he gets his teammates involved as evidenced by his assists but I wouldn't say he made any of them flat out better players, just gave them better scoring opportunities like any good PG does. You're really going to point at reduced numbers in later seasons without looking at the difference in rosters? You mean Dudley couldn't put up the same numbers as healthy STAT? You don't say!

Anthony Davis is averaging 21 and 11 with 4 blocks and 2 steals a game. And oh yeah he's also shooting 84% from the line, good god is all I can really say...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Where is this CP3 being better than Magic shit coming from? This isn't even his best year in the league statistically, and given his injury history, he just doesn't have the year-in-year-out consistency under his belt to even make that argument.

Add the playoffs to the mix? Not even close.

linsivvi

Nash prime over CP3 prime no question. CP3 is great but he isn't as good a pure shooter or FT shooter nor as good a passer. He also didn't elevate his teammates games like Nash did. He racks up numbers and is terrific, he gets his teammates involved as evidenced by his assists but I wouldn't say he made any of them flat out better players, just gave them better scoring opportunities like any good PG does. You're really going to point at reduced numbers in later seasons without looking at the difference in rosters? You mean Dudley couldn't put up the same numbers as healthy STAT? You don't say!

You are a Suns fan so you're biased and I won't argue with you whether CP3 or Nash is better. I am just going to point out the bolded. I was talking about Nash's TS%. What does that have to do with Dudley?

Trying to insult people responding to what you write is pretty shitty and immature.

Anyway, is forced turnovers the new blocks = defense?

More like insulting people who try to isolate the one lame duck of the argument, laugh at it like it is the whole argument and then try to ignore what they can't really spin in their favor. That what being the facts.

More like insulting people who try to isolate the one lame duck of the argument, laugh at it like it is the whole argument and then try to ignore what they can't really spin in their favor. That what being the facts.

...but I did respond to your whole post which itself seems to come from a misinterpretation of my original statement.

Stay free tho

You are a Suns fan so you're biased and I won't argue with you whether CP3 or Nash is better. I am just going to point out the bolded. I was talking about Nash's TS%. What does that have to do with Dudley?

Nothing as far as TS but you mentioned his offensive numbers so I took it as you are speaking to his offense as a whole and just used TS as a quick reference for example. If not, we cool.

linsivvi

Nothing as far as TS but you mentioned his offensive numbers so I took it as you are speaking to his offense as a whole and just used TS as a quick reference for example. If not, we cool.

Yeah I was mostly talking about scoring only. His assists remained high but so was CP3's.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Steve fucking Blake is top 10 in the league in assists right now. That's all you need to know.

Eh, what? Steve has always been a good distributor. He had several seasons averaging 5+ APG in Portland (29.9MPG) despite the fact that Portland ran the slowest offense in the league -- and nobody has ever accused Nate McMillan of running a good/pass-heavy offense.

It just so happens that the Lakers are 3rd in Pace in an extremely up year for the entire league. It's nothing out of the ordinary given the fact that Blake is playing 32MPG.

linsivvi

Eh, what? Steve has always been a good distributor. He had several seasons averaging 5+ APG in Portland (29.9MPG) despite the fact that Portland ran the slowest offense in the league -- and nobody has ever accused Nate McMillan of running a good/pass-heavy offense.

It just so happens that the Lakers are 3rd in Pace in an extremely up year for the entire league. It's nothing out of the ordinary given the fact that Blake is playing 32MPG.

Yes, but the point is he would never be among the assist leaders playing under any other coach. At the end of the day he is doing well over career average right now.

Emwitus

Like someone mentioned previously, chris paul is the T-mac of pgs. His also probably one of the most selfish high assist pgs in the league something people ironically knock rondo off for. In a few years will remember him as the pg that could have and memphis' bitch.

Like someone mentioned previously, chris paul is the T-mac of pgs. His also probably one of the most selfish high assist pgs in the league something people ironically knock rondo off for. In a few years will remember him as the pg that could have and memphis' bitch.
uummm, no.

CP3 runs the offense when it exists and the ball is in his hands most of the time because only two people on his team(including CP3) can create a shot.

something people ironically knock rondo off for
Has CP3 played with a single hall of famer?

Emwitus

You mean those retirement home Peeps who went to shit after rondo got injured and are now dragging nets to the lottery? Not really, no. Again, I'd take prime Nash over cpchoke any day

This Steve Nash discussion is straight from 3 months ago.

And we agreed that he was not better than Magic, Zeke, Glove, Stockton, and Kidd. Not much else to it.

Emwitus

This Steve Nash discussion is straight from 3 months ago.

And we agreed that he was not better than Magic, Zeke, Glove, Stockton, and Kidd. Not much else to it.
The argument isn't if Nash is better than those guys but whether cp3 is . I argued he isn't even better than prime Nash and is a pg version of tmac

You mean those retirement home Peeps who went to shit after rondo got injured and are now dragging nets to the lottery? Not really, no. Again, I'd take prime Nash over cpchoke any day

greatest three point shooter of all time
one of the best power forwards of all time
and a career 22/4/6 finals MVP

retirement home peeps.

k.

I am getting a KICK out of Reilo calling other people sensitive

He must have forgotten the years when Portland was slightly relevant and he actually cared and defended all Trail Blazing matters to the death

How is he a selfish high assist pg?

Top Bottom