• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Emwitus

How is he a selfish high assist pg?

The guy is a ball hog who doesn't make his team mates better and has a freakin score first mentality and pass if all goes to shit. Explains why he can't run a half court offense and is famous for coining the term lob city cause he gets most of his assists in transition. Which totally explains why his a failure in the playoffs. Tmac light.

They actually played better without Rondo.

Oh that's why they were almost swept by the freaking knicks in the playoffs. Lol better without rondo myths are always hilarious.

Calling Nash a product of Pringles is mostly unfair. His system inflates PG stats, but isn't really something that can create good offenses like Nash could. The Lakers are terrible on offense this year even with Steve Blake averaging a lot of assists while Nash has lead teams with mediocre offensive supporting casts (2007 Suns) to elite offensive production and has lead teams with terrible supporting casts (2012 Suns) to good offensive production with and without Pringles. And when Nash had great supporting casts in Phoenix, the Suns were historically great on offense.

The guy is a ball hog who doesn't make his team mates better and has a freakin score first mentality and pass if all goes to shit. Explains why he can't run a half court offense and is famous for coining the term lob city cause he gets most of his assists in transition. Which totally explains why his a failure in the playoffs. Tmac light.

Oh that's why they were almost swept by the freaking knicks in the playoffs. Lol better without rondo myths are always hilarious.

You truly are delusional. You make no sense.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Let's not forget that Nash didn't see any drop-off with Gentry running the show. Suns were 1st in ORtg and made it to the WCF in 2010 while Nash averaged 16.5/11/50.7/42.6/93.8.

Emwitus

Let's not forget that Nash didn't see any drop-off with Gentry running the show. Suns were 1st in ORtg and made it to the WCF in 2010 while Nash averaged 16.5/11/50.7/42.6/93.8.

Nah, his a product of pringles. After creating an mvp he went on to actually make the knicks organization worse. How does that happen?

Nash vs. Kidd seems pretty similar to Harden vs. Iguodala as a modern comparison and I don't think most would rank Iguodala over Harden so I don't know if Kidd should really be regarded as better than Nash.

reilo

Nah, his a product of pringles. After creating an mvp he went on to actually make the knicks organization worse. How does that happen?

HINT: Maybe it was Nash that made Pringles system work and not the other way around. You're arguing against yourself.

Anyway:

This isn’t new, of course. The no. 8 seed in the Western Conference has had a better record than the no. 8 seed in the East every single season since the lockout-shortened 1998-99 campaign. Every one! The last seed in the West has been 5.5 games better than its Eastern counterpart on average during that span. Each season has seen an average of 3.5 Western Conference lottery teams finish with better records than the last Eastern Conference playoff team.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Someone at EA Sports sent me a bunch of PS4 and Xbox One shit (I haven't written in 3 years now)...but they also sent the same chunk of games to my site's current EIC. So I have sealed copies of NBA Live 14, FIFA 14 PS4, FIFA 14 X1, and Madden NFL 25.

Gonna go to Target for a no-return receipt, gonna get 2K14 and AC4.

BoozerOpenMouth.gif

What am I reading?!

CP3 only puts up 14 shots a game but he has a score first mentality? CP3 scores when his team needs him to Almost all the time he's either trying to run the offense or set a team mate up..

why he can't run a half court offense
When's the last time Paul has been on a team with a proper half court offense?

is famous for coining the term lob city cause he gets most of his assists in transition.Which totally explains why his a failure in the playoffs

First of all,he doesn't get most of his assists in transition.If you watch a couple Clipper games or any of CP3's games then you know he doesn't. and the assists that he does get in transition aren't bad or anything. The clippers are athletic. all DeAndre Jordan can do is dunk and Griffin is pretty good in transition.

Which totally explains why his a failure in the playoffs

shit. so getting assists in transition means failure in the playoffs, right?

because not having a good half court offense isn't CP3's fault
because having a garbage defensive front line isn't CP3's fault.

And it's not like Chris Paul doesn't average 21/9/5 in the post season.

I mean it has to be because of him getting a couple assists in transition.

btw anyone reading, I'm not arguing that CP3 is better than Nash. Just arguing against emwitus' CP3 delusions.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn Sullingers per 36 is nice. Still not sure how I feel about him going forward with all his conditioning issues. All this wallace talk though has me excited. I'll gladly take old man Amare to lead the tank.

Branduil

Nash vs. Kidd seems pretty similar to Harden vs. Iguodala as a modern comparison and I don't think most would rank Iguodala over Harden so I don't know if Kidd should really be regarded as better than Nash.

I don't think that's a very good comparison. For one thing, both Nash and Kidd were far better than either of those players. And I don't think a comparison between a scoring guard and a two-way guard is similar to comparing a a great PG with good offense and bad defense and a great PG with bad offense and great defense.

Tom Penny

Damn Sullingers per 36 is nice. Still not sure how I feel about him going forward with all his conditioning issues. All this wallace talk though has me excited. I'll gladly take old man Amare to lead the tank.

He needs to lose 20 pounds. Other than that he was highway robbery. Potential Z Bo light. I can't see him lasting long in the league with big minutes with that spare tire.

I don't think that's a very good comparison. For one thing, both Nash and Kidd were far better than either of those players. And I don't think a comparison between a scoring guard and a two-way guard is similar to comparing a a great PG with good offense and bad defense and a great PG with bad offense and great defense.

Okay, yeah, it's definitely not a very good comparison but I just think it's strange how Kidd vs. Nash is one of the few areas where perimeter defense is favored over perimeter scoring. Harden vs. Iguodala isn't even a debate even though the differences between the two are that Harden is an elite scorer who doesn't defend while Iguodala is an elite defender who isn't great at scoring. Even if it's more even at a PG level due to PG priorities being playmaking first and scoring and defense afterwards, if good scoring matters/helps more than good defense for other perimeter players, scoring should matter more than defense for PGs as well.

reilo

Knicks are 2nd in the league in 3PA but 23rd in 3PT%. It's almost like last season's hot start was a fluke or something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He needs to lose 20 pounds. Other than that he was highway robbery. Potential Z Bo light. I can't see him lasting long in the league with big minutes with that spare tire.

That's what I'm nervous about. Luckily he doesn't rely on his athleticism, but I'm wondering if they should just flip him while he's hot.

edit- btw spare tire? Is that in reference to the knee injury? What's the extent of the cartilage/meniscus damage if any?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They weren't even going to make the playoffs lol.
Check the stats. Their efficiency changed quite a big lol.

Knicks are 2nd in the league in 3PA but 23rd in 3PT%. It's almost like last season's hot start was a fluke or something.

If only there was a way to get a 3 pt shooter like a Steve Novak. Maybe they could get an old vet ...a Marcus Camby type might even help til Chandler's back. If they pray to the right God perhaps they could get a pick too, they could really use one of those.

Maybe in exchange for Bargs, it'd be addition by subtraction. But who in their right mind would give up that modest haul up for common everyday garbage?

reilo

I also noticed that certain Knicks fans stopped defending Failton.

20.6 3PT% LOLOLOL
93 ORtg LOLOLOL

linsivvi

LMAO calling a point guard who averages 14 shot attempts and 10 assists in his career a ball hog.

What is he supposed to do? Not have the ball at all?

speaking of the knicks, its not surprising to see melo revert to his regular net zero production as a player.

then again according to wins produced, he was the 8th most productive knick last year.

Tom Penny

That's what I'm nervous about. Luckily he doesn't rely on his athleticism, but I'm wondering if they should just flip him while he's hot.

edit- btw spare tire? Is that in reference to the knee injury? What's the extent of the cartilage/meniscus damage if any?

A spare tire is slang for a fat belly. Roll around the waist..etc No way do I move Sully on a rookie contract. None.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I am getting a KICK out of Reilo calling other people sensitive

He must have forgotten the years when Portland was slightly relevant and he actually cared and defended all Trail Blazing matters to the death

It's like Heat fans circling the wagons when people say that LBJ might not be the greatest player ever

Blackace

This might be the saltiest most nonsensical post I have read in awhile

Congrats

Gets ast in transition is a bad thing now
Got it

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
A spare tire is slang for a fat belly. Roll around the waist..etc No way do I move Sully on a rookie contract. None.

Ahh I was thinkin flat tire, which is usually a bad leg or hamstring. Either way I agree his rookie contract is nice, I'm just saying him as a prospect must be of some value, and I'm not sure just how long he'll last. That's why I was glad what the sox did with Iglesias this year, despite Peavy not really working out in a big way, it helped somewhat. Obviously different scenarios, but unless he changes his ways (which is rare for overweight players), his career will be short.

Emwitus

This might be the saltiest most nonsensical post I have read in awhile

Congrats

Gets ast in transition is a bad thing now
Got it

Okay, i might have gone too far with my hyperbole but my point still remains. Prime nash is better than prime paul. I still stand by my point that he doesn't make his teammates better unlike nash.

Also, its amazing how rondo is called out for trying to break a record last year and paul gets a free pass.

Okay, i might have gone too far with my hyperbole but my point still remains. Prime nash is better than prime paul. I still stand by my point that he doesn't make his teammates better unlike nash.

Also, its amazing how rondo is called out for trying to break a record last year and paul gets a free pass.
I'm not a Rondo hater but I didn't see Paul passing up open layups for assists when he broke Magic's streak.

Blackace

Nash made his teammates worse on D

Paul gets a free pass for getting double doubles... and can you say David West or DeAndre Jordan are better players without CP3?

I still stand that GP and Zeke were better than both Nash and CP3

Emwitus

Did y'all watch that okc game yesterday? He was throwing up random impossible lobs instead just taking it to the basket. The commentators even called him out. Im sure he was keeping track of that magic record.

Tom Penny

Ahh I was thinkin flat tire, which is usually a bad leg or hamstring. Either way I agree his rookie contract is nice, I'm just saying him as a prospect must be of some value, and I'm not sure just how long he'll last. That's why I was glad what the sox did with Iglesias this year, despite Peavy not really working out in a big way, it helped somewhat. Obviously different scenarios, but unless he changes his ways (which is rare for overweight players), his career will be short.

Sox traded Iglesias because they already had Bogarts and they were probably a bit sketchy on the Buchols injury. There is really no incentive to move Sully.

Rondo definitely has passed up shots for assists. That cannot be disputed. His biggest issue is he doesn't play every game like it's primetime and gets disinterested.

Nash made his teammates worse on D

Paul gets a free pass for getting double doubles... and can you say David West or DeAndre Jordan are better players without CP3?

I still stand that GP and Zeke were better than both Nash and CP3

CP3 is in GP and Zeke's class because of his defense. Magic had Kareem and James Worthy ffs.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If only there was a way to get a 3 pt shooter like a Steve Novak. Maybe they could get an old vet ...a Marcus Camby type might even help til Chandler's back. If they pray to the right God perhaps they could get a pick too, they could really use one of those.

Maybe in exchange for Bargs, it'd be addition by subtraction. But who in their right mind would give up that modest haul up for common everyday garbage?

My man camby and Novak never played.....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sox traded Iglesias because they already had Bogarts and they were probably a bit sketchy on the Buchols injury. There is really no incentive to move Sully.

Rondo definitely has passed up shots for assists. That cannot be disputed. His biggest issue is he doesn't play every game like it's primetime and gets disinterested.

No incentive? Sending a contract or getting a pick back for somebody who could be the NBAs ras-i-dowling.

Blackace

CP3 is in GP and Zeke's class because of his defense. Magic had Kareem and James Worthy ffs.

come again? lol

CP3 plays aiight D.. but let's not blow it up to something it isn't..

And Zeke had 3 HoFers on his Bad Boy team.. Just like Magic he outshined them..

diehard

Fleer
CP3 isnt a ballhog in the tradition sense but he does overdribble.

Trey getting more minutes tonight, so at least Jazz fans have that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
CP3 isnt a ballhog in the tradition sense but he does overdribble.

Trey getting more minutes tonight, so at least Jazz fans have that.

Hopefully he can turn things around over there. Kanter has looked solid, but I'm pretty disappointed in Favors to this point, thought the guy was a sure thing. They still got a few games on the celts.

Tom Penny

No incentive? Sending a contract or getting a pick back for somebody who could be the NBAs ras-i-dowling.

Getting a pick when? Nobody is giving up top picks in this years draft. Sully playing well is not a fluke. He's a solid player. The only question is his health. Ras-I never produced or even showed any signs of being a good player on top of never stepping on the field. Zero correlation between the two.

diehard

Fleer
Hopefully he can turn things around over there. Kanter has looked solid, but I'm pretty disappointed in Favors to this point, thought the guy was a sure thing. They still got a few games on the celts.

Favors is exactly what we expected, athletic finisher who can play D ala Tyson Chandler. He needs a pick and roll PG more than anyone else on the team.

A 14/10/2 big man in this league is very good.

Favors needs to get more consistent on defense (his effort level comes and goes) and he needs to be more efficient (he's at a 99 ORtg, Chandler is 130 or higher for the last three years), but I think that will come with age and better coaching and teammates. Hopefully at least.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Getting a pick when? Nobody is giving up top picks in this years draft. Sully playing well is not a fluke. He's a solid player. The only question is his health. Ras-I never produced or even showed any signs of being a good player on top of never stepping on the field. Zero correlation between the two.

Ras-I stood toe to toe with Brandon Marshall while McCourty got burned in that one game lol. I'm just relating the injury proneness. I'm not looking for a pick this year I agree no way we get a top one but our own, but dropping this salary is priority number one. Wallace will hold this team back as long as he's here. Really hope that knicks deal comes true.

Top Bottom