• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Just woke up. I can't believe this is happening. Rose should have been our franchise player for 10 years plus. If he is out for the season again, it's time to blow this team up and tank hard, because this team without him is in NBA hell aka too good to miss the playoffs, too bad to win anything.

Into

Forget this guy's knee and think of his state of mind. He has a season that was so great he eclipsed LeBron for the MVP, like some fantasy story, his team is a legit contender. Then he goes down and misses a whole year, faces criticism from some people for not coming back for the play offs.

He comes back this season and...he is not as good, but its okay, he has rust naturally and needs 30+ games under his belt to get back to NBA shape.

And the worst thing is that this happened all on its own, no other player was involved, no "accident" from a third party was the reason for this, his knee just gave out, surrendered

What kind of confidence, if any, is he even going to have when he eventually does come back? On his own body?

Its hard to feel sorry for millionaire athletes, but in this case, its justified. What a shitty situation

fertygo

Just woke up. I can't believe this is happening. Rose should have been our franchise player for 10 years plus. If he is out for the season again, it's time to blow this team up and tank hard, because this team without him is in NBA hell aka too good to miss the playoffs, too bad to win anything.

I think they will start this off-season with not give extension to Deng and release Thibs.

Forget this guy's knee and think of his state of mind. He has a season that was so great he eclipsed LeBron for the MVP, like some fantasy story, his team is a legit contender. Then he goes down and misses a whole year, faces criticism from some people for not coming back for the play offs.

He comes back this season and...he is not as good, but its okay, he has rust naturally and needs 30+ games under his belt to get back to NBA shape.

And the worst thing is that this happened all on its own, no other player was involved, no "accident" from a third party was the reason for this, his knee just gave out, surrendered

What kind of confidence, if any, is he even going to have when he eventually does come back? On his own body?

Its hard to feel sorry for millionaire athletes, but in this case, its justified. What a shitty situation

LeBron had a better season. Rose's team was just better than The Heat in the regular season that year.

If Rose is out for the season ideally the Bulls would tank from here, but they're just not set up to do so. Too much talent on the team atm.

That's incorrect. They could trade away many of their players for draft picks and expiring contracts. That way they have a major youth movement within the franchise and a lot of cash to work with. Noah would especially be sought after.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why we must had another Brandon Roy scenario :(

Nah it's really not. Rose will never be the MVP player he was unfortunately :(, no way you come back on two busted ACLs... he'll now have lost 2 full years, and who knows when he comes back from this one, could be 3. That being said, Brandon Roy lost the meniscus in his knees, which is far worse, if he kept playing he wouldn't have even been able to walk without a replacement.

Which is exactly why the all star game voting is broken. Kobe should not be an all star this year. He's the all star of rehabbing and that's it.
Meh it's meant as a fan-pleaser and it's better with the big names.

Parker? You gotta put him at least in front of Parker. Hell, I'd put him in front of Harden so far this season. And Kobe shouldn't be making it at all!

Yeah I think we're going to disagree greatly on the level of Ellis. And "so far this season" doesn't mean much 11 games in.

11 games does not a season make. It's unlikely that Ellis will keep up his hot shooting.

He's not shooting at an obscene clip or something. He's just getting much better looks in this offense. For the sake of argument, let's say he keeps pace more or less at what he's averaging now. What then?

He's not shooting at an obscene clip or something. He's just getting much better looks in this offense. For the sake of argument, let's say he keeps pace more or less at what he's averaging now. What then?

He won't make the all star game unless there's a bunch of injuries because, regardless if you think he's better, those other guys are considered better by the people who select all stars.

He won't make the all star game unless there's a bunch of injuries because, regardless if you think he's better, those other guys are considered better by the people who select all stars.

Well which is it? Is it because he doesn't deserve a spot because his excellent playing will decline or because he doesn't deserve it regardless if it stays at that level?

Well which is it? Is it because he doesn't deserve a spot because his excellent playing will decline or because he doesn't deserve it regardless if it stays at that level?
Regardless. Unless bullshit media narratives come into play like they did with the Rose mvp (i.e. he's finally started playing the "right" way).

11 games does not a season make. It's unlikely that Ellis will keep up his hot shooting.

It's also unlikely that Kobe is going to come back as strong as he was given the severity of his injury so if we're playing that game he shouldn't make it either.

The all star game has completely lost me as an NBA fan because the top dogs won't compete in the dunk contest out of hubris or being fearful of getting injured. When Mo Williams was an all star that really soured me. The popularity contest voting is flawed.

That's incorrect. They could trade away many of their players for draft picks and expiring contracts. That way they have a major youth movement within the franchise and a lot of cash to work with. Noah would especially be sought after.

Which of the Bulls players do you think would net a draft pick for this coming draft? Deng certainly isn't since he's expiring (unless the other GM is Billy King). Boozer is not that great an asset and Butler is still largely unproven. Noah is the only potential one, and even then the pick would be heavily protected. Noah is another player who has dealt with constant health issues. No one is giving up a good draft pick for this upcoming draft.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This really bums me out. Yeah I was excited for the pacers or heat to crush their overrated ass in the playoffs again but not die to injury.

Hopefully this doesn't become a Brandon Roy type situation.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's also unlikely that Kobe is going to come back as strong as he was given the severity of his injury so if we're playing that game he shouldn't make it either.

The all star game has completely lost me as an NBA fan because the top dogs won't compete in the dunk contest out of hubris or being fearful of getting injured. When Mo Williams was an all star that really soured me. The popularity contest voting is flawed.

Ugh people crying to get no Williams that replacement slot was the worst. Motherfucker wasn't even a top ten pg just a decent shooter benefitting from lebron beasting.

Popularity contest voting is barely worse than "media" voters half of which frankly don't watch many games outside if their home team. That is how we get the Nash/rose mvps, and a makeup MVP for Kobe in a year he didn't even deserve it when he should have already had 1-2. Motherfuckers care more about the story than the reality.

At least stuff like Lin or Kobe making the all star team this year no one will argue it's right.

This really bums me out. Yeah I was excited for the pacers or heat to crush their overrated ass in the playoffs again but not die to injury.

Hopefully this doesn't become a Brandon Roy type situation.

Different scenario tbh. Roy's degenerative knee issues were known before he was drafted, which is partly why he went lower than his talent warranted. His knees were always a ticking time bomb.

7uuEzyo.png

i'm sorry bulls fans. :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Different scenario tbh. Roy's degenerative knee issues were known before he was drafted, which is partly why he went lower than his talent warranted. His knees were always a ticking time bomb.

Yeah? But now Rose could also be a ticking time bomb... dont really see the difference

It's like Jay Williams II

linsivvi

Allstar game is a fan service to feature players that fans want to watch. Popularity contest voting is the perfect method. Getting upset because certain players don't make a meaningless exhibition game is silly.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Forget this guy's knee and think of his state of mind. He has a season that was so great he eclipsed LeBron for the MVP, like some fantasy story,

Look I feel bad for the guy to, but that was nothing but media backlash for the decision, and Rose being a better story than the other guys besides lebron who deserved it more that year like Dwight.

Allstar game is a fan service to feature players that fans want to watch. Popularity contest voting is the perfect method. Getting upset because certain players don't make a meaningless exhibition game is silly.

Awards matter greatly in a historical context.

In 2070 you think any motherfucker is going to watch a bunch of Rose MVP season games or just assume the award was given competent and wasn't a flaming joke?

edit: Didn't watch shit last night because I was busy, IGGY AND MARC TOO FUCK THAT. Two of the most entertaining players in the fucking league right there god fuck fuck

Yeah? But now Rose could also be a ticking time bomb... dont really see the difference

It's like Jay Williams II

Well what I mean is that coming into the league Roy's knees were always going to wear down at some point. The only question was when.

Re; Rose I don't think he's had a history of knee injuries prior to busting his ACL in 2012? Plus this is a different knee to the one he injured previously.

Chicago is probably going to have to break things up. Deng was already on the block. Boozer is an amnesty candidate. Noah can return some good value, and would be well suited to be on a team like the Pelicans, who can offer the Draft pick that Chicago would need. The Charlotte pick still exists.

The situation is bad, but they can still try to have one of the faster rebuilding efforts the league has seen. The Rose situation just hurts so much. Everything was riding on him.

Top Bottom