• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

In order for the Bulls to tank, they'd have to fire Thibs and gut the team of the gritty players. It's not going to happen. They won't even play some of the younger players like Teague, Snell, and Murphy in order to tank. Nope. Here's hoping Mirotic is the next Nowitzki.

J. Bravo

This really sucks. Rose has been my fav player for a long time. Really wonder how he will feel coming back from this injury.

holding out hope that its not anything serious
:(

If Rose will miss the rest of the season... I say warm up the tank and run it full throttle till the end of this season.. Keep thibs, trade booz and deng ASAP for picks or anything good. Then they will get a pretty high pick for 2014 draftl. Show up or tank so hard in 2014-15 season.. 2015-16 season = ??. then that 2016 horncats pick will be waiting.

They could let deng expire and amnesty booze, but why do that if a team s willing to give something for them.. Better than loose them for nothing and expect a big FA to sign with you.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
If Rose will miss the rest of the season... I say warm up the tank and run it throttle till the end of this season.. Keep thibs, trade booz and deng for picks or anything good. Then they will get a pretty high pick for 2014 draftl. Show up or tank so hard in 2014-15 season.. then that 2016 horncats pick will be waiting.

They could let deng expire and amnesty booze, but why do that if a team s willing to give something for them.. Better than loose them for nothing and expect a big FA to sign with you.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for if Rose is really done. This is the best possible year to tank.

In my view, if Rose is out, everyone is expendable, even Noah. I love and will miss Noah, but with him being injury prone, you gotta get rid of him if you can get something decent.

Derrick01

Banned
As much as I like Rose as a person I felt like he was never going to be an actual great player even if he stayed healthy. He showed no real signs of improving his shot to a consistent level and he relied too much on his reckless style. They need to find a way to cut ties with him, even if it means a revolt from the fan base.

Ideally they should attempt to give the entire franchise to Lebron at the end of the year and then either ride out Boozer's contract or trade him if they can. Maybe convince the T-wolves to take his expiring contract for Love who doesn't want to stay there anyway. While I'm in fantasy land let's go back in time and pull 90s Jordan into this era and have him play SG.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It might cost the Bulls a pick to dump Boozer.

The Rockets will take Thibs back though.
Yeah, the Bulls should trade the ONLY consistent player that they have.

BTW, relax, folks. Let the MRI results come in. Rose was able to walk to the bench.

LuchaShaq

Banned
In order for the Bulls to tank, they'd have to fire Thibs and gut the team of the gritty players. It's not going to happen. They won't even play some of the younger players like Teague, Snell, and Murphy in order to tank. Nope. Here's hoping Mirotic is the next Nowitzki.

Murphy can help this team real talk. Dude is Bonner + way more athletic.

marc best gasol got injured too? :(

Pau is gonna return to the grizz next season, gasol bros B^)

everyone will always bring up that Thibs decision to leave Rose in when the game was over for Rose's entire career

Yeah, the Bulls should trade the ONLY consistent player that they have.

BTW, relax, folks. Let the MRI results come in. Rose was able to walk to the bench.

Boozer was real consistent with his -18 last night. Thibs benched him in the 4th because his and Noah's laziness caused the Blazer run.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This is exactly what I'm hoping for if Rose is really done. This is the best possible year to tank.

Sit Noah a bunch so he is healthy next year for a change, trade Booze for a worse player on an expiring contract and a pick, trade deng for 50 cents on the dollar, and let Teague/Butler show how good or not good they are.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I agree with the guy above, mentally.. I don't know if Rose can come back from another ACL injury.

Dude took it the safe route, and hurts it just making a move. No contact, no push, not a jump.. just a move.

I don't know if he'll be able to trust his knee's again.

..but stop comparing it to Roy. Different thing altogether. Chris Paul's knees might be in a similar situation as Roy's were.. just not nearly as bad. It's a meniscus thing, not ACL.

The big thing with ACL's is how long it takes to re-hab, the risk of re-injury, and mentally being able to trust your knees. Roy never had to fear completely blowing the knee out at any given time, he just had to deal with pain and knowing it as doing damage long term. That's easier to overcome than the not knowing from the ACL.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boozer was real consistent with his -18 last night. Thibs benched him in the 4th because his and Noah's laziness caused the Blazer run.
Boozer was -10 last night, not -18. Noah was -19.

Boozer had 16 ponts and 7 rebounds on 50% shooting in just 25 minutes.

In the end, though, he's the only one who actually contributes because he's the only one who actually plays in the games.

linsivvi

Yes but have you looked at the standings lately? All but 4 teams of the entire Eastern Conference are already tanking, and then you have the Jazz which is at a totally different level. You'd need to trade everyone in order to have a chance to catch up.

The thing is, who's going to trade when every team is either tanking or trying to avoid the luxury tax?

Vire

New Heat "Redzone" Jersey's tonight:

BZtaIaTIAAIi3-X.jpg

Look cool.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sad thing is even without Rose the Bulls are probably the third best team in the east since the east is so shit. This would be especially true if they had kept NateRob as insurance instead of the corpse of Kirk Hinrich/the shitty teague brother.

At this point does Rose just rehab for another 12-18 months to get that paycheck, and then retire and be fondly remembered as really good but short career like Gale Sayers? Doubt there is much appeal to coming back and being so limited physically he is basically a rich man's Smush Parker.

I agree with the guy above, mentally.. I don't know if Rose can come back from another ACL injury.

Dude took it the safe route, and hurts it just making a move. No contact, no push, not a jump.. just a move.

That's the worst part of all this. I don't know how he gets over it mentally because the first tear came from a routine jump stop and the second off a routine cut move? Fucking tragic.

His lateral movement is easily the fastest in the NBA and I'm guessing his knees couldn't hold up.

I'm sort of glad that Walls explosiveness is more straight line than side to side now I guess.

Gasol has a Grade 2 MCL sprain and is out indefinitely so I guess it's not as bad as it could have been. Grizzlies should be okay with Koufos starting for a while.

Jazz are now last in offense and defense and it looks like Kanter being benched for Marvin Williams may continue, awesome.

Gasol has a Grade 2 MCL sprain and is out indefinitely so I guess it's not as bad as it could have been. Grizzlies should be okay with Koufos starting for a while.

Jazz are now last in offense and defense and it looks like Kanter being benched for Marvin Williams may continue, awesome.

Remember when people argued with me that Utah was better than lakers? Fun times.

I don't get how people thought that team could be competitive.

If I was the GM I would of fired Corbin. They're not playing for anything.

Remember when people argued with me that Utah was better than lakers? Fun times.

I don't get how people thought that team could be competitive.

Jodie Meeks and Nick Young are 3rd and 4th in Win Shares on the Lakers so I'm going to continue to think that the team is going to win less than 24 games. At least they can hold claim to being this year's version of the 2013 Magic.

Hayward, Favors, Rush, and Kanter looked like a solid four guys to be able to play defense and be just bad and not terrible on offense with all the finishing at the rim and three point shooting they would have, but Hayward and Favors have been inconsistent as fuck, Kanter has been terrible and Rush hasn't played. I was thinking around 28-32 wins and I think we could get up to 20-22 once Favors and Kanter start playing harder with Burke there and with Corbin fired, but it's been pretty bleak.

The Jazz scored 1.049 PPP with Favors and Kanter playing last year and only gave up 1.027. This year, the Jazz are scoring 0.936 PPP and are allowing 1.147 PPP, that is a normal transition. Switching from +2.2 to -2.8 to having to play against starters would seem far more normal than going from very good against bench units to the worst pairing in the history of basketball against starters.

Jodie Meeks and Nick Young are 3rd and 4th in Win Shares on the Lakers so I'm going to continue to think that the team is going to win less than 24 games. At least they can hold claim to being this year's version of the 2013 Magic.

Hayward, Favors, Rush, and Kanter looked like a solid four guys to be able to play defense and be just bad and not terrible on offense with all the finishing at the rim and three point shooting they would have, but Hayward and Favors have been inconsistent as fuck, Kanter has been terrible and Rush hasn't played. I was thinking around 28-32 wins and I think we could get up to 20-22 once Favors and Kanter start playing harder with Burke there and with Corbin fired, but it's been pretty bleak.

Are we sure Kanter's good?

Emwitus

Hayward should have signed a deal but this season exposed him.

Kellen

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7m
Chicago star Derrick Rose is still a couple of hours away from getting the MRI on his right knee in Los Angeles.

zychi

Banned
If Rose is out for the season, tank for the other Chicago born star in Parker. I say keep Noah, trade everyone else that isn't Butler or Snell.

Top Bottom