• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

You underestimate guys like Blake and Meeks. Meeks sucks but he has always had around average WS/48.

The Lakers 3-6 guys aren't playing any level of "good play." They just aren't playing Jazz level of high-school play.

This isn't about the Laker guys being good cuz they ain't. This is about the Jazz guys being fucking trash.

Meh, I thought that Enes Kanter would be good this year and that there would be some salvage of wing play between Burks, Jefferson, Rush, and Marvin. Those guys have generally put up NBA-caliber numbers as well (other than Burks, but he was young) and aren't -5.0 xRAPM disasters like Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson and those guys are combining for over 40 MPG for the Lakers.

Kanter has regressed a lot and Burks has been terrible, but there was still potential to put out a rotation this year. The Blazers and 76ers did okay last year with only a few guys that could play in the NBA (the 76ers gave 35 MPG to Evan Turner and his 95 ORtg last year ffs) and I thought the Jazz's few guys could rise to that level while there were enough bodies around them for some guys to just be okay. This hasn't been the case and the Jazz are terrible, but I wouldn't really beat my chest about the Lakers starting not as badly when they're winning with Jordan Hill and defense when those things obviously won't continue under Pringles. I think the Jazz would have been simply bad instead of terrible if Kanter played well and if Rush played at all and that hasn't happened, but I disagree about teams not being able to win at all if the only have four or five guys who should really be in a rotation.

lol no , Lakers dont know how to tank.

Kanter hasn't been terrible, he defense has been worse this year though.

Yeah, His offense/energy/effort/aggressiveness seems to come and go but his defense has been rough, to say the least.

I think he'll get better and better as he develops(with more conditioning) and with better point guard play/coaching. Some of the times he's just given the ball and asked to create rather than being set up or getting good positioning. He also tries to do too much at times.

but then again, he's only 21 fucking years old.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ughh dreaded meniscus. Better than the acl but Iwould say shut it down for the year get it repaired not cleaned, start down the path brandon roy and bynum went down.

Uh, that is MUCH better than an ACL tear, though still not good.

Could be out 4-8 weeks, I imagine.

lol no , Lakers dont know how to tank.

Kanter hasn't been terrible, he defense has been worse this year though.

So how am I wrong if I said the Lakers will be better than Utah and you agree they will have a better record?

Meh, I thought that Enes Kanter would be good this year and that there would be some salvage of wing play between Burks, Jefferson, Rush, and Marvin. Those guys have generally put up NBA-caliber numbers as well (other than Burks, but he was young) and aren't -5.0 xRAPM disasters like Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson and those guys are combining for over 40 MPG for the Lakers.

Kanter has regressed a lot and Burks has been terrible, but there was still potential to put out a rotation this year. The Blazers and 76ers did okay last year with only a few guys that could play in the NBA (the 76ers gave 35 MPG to Evan Turner and his 95 ORtg last year ffs) and I thought the Jazz's few guys could rise to that level while there were enough bodies around them for some guys to just be okay. This hasn't been the case and the Jazz are terrible, but I wouldn't really beat my chest about the Lakers starting not as badly when they're winning with Jordan Hill and defense when those things obviously won't continue under Pringles. I think the Jazz would have been simply bad instead of terrible if Kanter played well and if Rush played at all and that hasn't happened, but I disagree about teams not being able to win at all if the only have four or five guys who should really be in a rotation.

I didn't beat my chest about the Lakers winning. I scoffed at those who said Utah would be better than the Lakers. Lakers still suck and will continue to suck. They just can't suck like the Jazz suck.

I guess we won't get a time table until the actual surgery has been done. They don't say when the surgery will take place, just "in the near future".

Kellen

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Official word from Bulls is that DRose is out “indefinitely” but vibe is they’re indeed bracing for prospect he misses rest of ’13-14 season

whew, at least its not torn acl.
black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

Official word from Bulls is that DRose is out “indefinitely” but vibe is they’re indeed bracing for prospect he misses rest of ’13-14 season
time to #tankandtradesohard

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Clippers bigs just sucks, but that's not news...

Damn...

Yeah, just read that. At least it isn't an ACL, massive relief for everybody. The FO will definitely start thinking about making major trades though. The next 6 months will be pretty big.

SamuraiX-

Cousins actually playing smart in the closing minutes? Nice.

It's also refreshing to see other players cutting instead of just leaving him on an island when he's in the post.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You can come back from bad meniscus tears and still be the same as long as you still have some. The problem with Brandon Roy was that they chose to just straight up remove them instead of repairing them. He'd still be playing today if they opted to repair his meniscus.

Chris Paul barely has any left and he's still an elite level point-guard.

You can come back from bad meniscus tears and still be the same as long as you still have some. The problem with Brandon Roy was that they chose to just straight up remove them instead of repairing them. He'd still be playing today if they opted to repair his meniscus.

Chris Paul barely has any left and he's still an elite level point-guard.

Wade had his removed back in college and says it fucked him up ever since. Wishes he had it repaired.

Top Bottom