• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Could you really imagine depending on Brew in his first stint? He didn't have Rubio getting him easy looks then, but still, he was kind of a mess.

I like him starting and Chase eventually as sixth man.
Its great to see him in a more limited role

Previous roster was not fair to him at all, too much responsibility

Emwitus

I_don't_know_what_I_expected.gif

Awkward ....

I've rooted for the Lakers for 23 years.

This is the first time in all that time that I've wanted another team to win the game. Not sure what I'm feeling right now.

Pimpwerx

Being one of the few on here who recognizes Spo's talent (trill recognize trill), I thought I had to post this Woj article:

Erik Spoelstra gives LeBron James best reason yet to stay in Miami

MIAMI – Three years ago, LeBron James and Erik Spoelstra were perfect strangers thrust into a most uneasy and unsteady partnership. For all the insecurities of the young superstar, the coach was unwavering and unrelenting in his beliefs: Spoelstra would coach James hard, coach him with the most unflattering of truths.

Spoelstra never wanted to be James' buddy, and dared every day to push him past his comfort and into a different dimension. At the most critical stage of LeBron James' career, Spoelstra was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Spoelstra made one of the most courageous stands in modern coaching history in those first few weeks with James: When the Heat were struggling to stay over .500, the superstar resisting discipline and everyone else pining for Pat Riley to come back downstairs, Spoelstra showed a willingness to go down with his principles.

On an opening night Tuesday when the Heat were honored with a championship ring ceremony on the shores of Biscayne Bay, it is a testament to Spoelstra's culture that James is relentlessly chasing a third straight championship, leaving the free-agent frenzy to everyone else.

On the eve of training camp, Spoelstra signed a four-year contract extension. The message was unmistakable: If James wants the stability that comes with continuity and trust, with elite ownership, executives and a coach, there's no reason for him to leave Miami.

"They're more intertwined than they've ever been," says a league source closely connected to James and Spoelstra. "LeBron knows he plays for one of the elite coaches in the game, and that maybe wasn't the case when he got there."

From defense, to moving his offensive game into far more efficient spots on the floor, to the sharpening of his leadership and composure, James' game has grown and his belief has blossomed with Spoelstra. Everyone wants to give Mike Krzyzewski credit for James with Team USA, to credit Riley as the Heat's godfather, and somehow Spoelstra gets treated as some kind of accidental tourist on the way to back-to-back titles and James' basketball immortality.

5826.StephenColbertGIF.gif

I CALLED IT! PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
lmao, that article might as well been written by a PR agency. Don't believe everything you read.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Awkward ....

I've rooted for the Lakers for 23 years.

This is the first time in all that time that I've wanted another team to win the game. Not sure what I'm feeling right now.
Embrace the tank!. #RigginforWiggins. Only reason I even slightly want a win right now is that I live in the bay so I'm surrounded by Warriors fans.

Top Bottom