• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

I'm in Portland and get free tickets every so often. Usually really awesome seats. Sometimes I get em and can't go. Would love to drop em on someone who actually gives a shit about basketball.

PM me if you got em.

I'm in Seattle but I'd drive down for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Great start to the celts season! Front runners in the wiggins sweepstakes, and Jeff Green building up that trade value! Would've liked to see more Olynyk, but he'll find his way soon enough.

Also looks like the nets might be in for a long year. I just don't see much left in Pierce and KG, not sure how that was worth all the picks, but thanks either way Brooklyn :).

Forever

Banned
Great start to the celts season! Front runners in the wiggins sweepstakes, and Jeff Green building up that trade value! Would've liked to see more Olynyk, but he'll find his way soon enough.

Also looks like the nets might be in for a long year. I just don't see much left in Pierce and KG, not sure how that was worth all the picks, but thanks either way Brooklyn :).
Deron was on a minutes limit and our starters played 12 minutes together. AK was out and so was Kidd. The sky is falling.

Zep

Banned
PM me if you got em.

Reilo and my BFF at a basketball game together!

Don't worry, Reilo deals with dy and myself everyday in the chat...He should know how to deal with people of color a lot better now.

exarkun

NBA TV's postgame with the understatement of the entire season:

"The Lakers are bad defensively."

lol, they are gonna be terrrrrible.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Deron was on a minutes limit and our starters played 12 minutes together. AK was out and so was Kidd. The sky is falling.

I'm not saying the team is a disaster, my point is they just weren't worth what they traded for. I really hope the best for them, love the energy they bring and want to see them succeed, they just look 2nd tier. When's the last time Dwill could stay consistently healthy anyways? Those ankles have been trouble for a while now.

Clipjoint

Hakeem Monroe

greg-monroekopkq.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Forever

Banned
I'm not saying the team is a disaster, my point is they just weren't worth what they traded for. I really hope the best for them, love the energy they bring and want to see them succeed, they just look 2nd tier. When's the last time Dwill could stay consistently healthy anyways? Those ankles have been trouble for a while now.

This time he just rolled his ankle, last season it was swelling, he claims they're unrelated. Either way he's looked good in the time he has played. If we're making judgments right now then the Sixers might as well plan their parade.

I mean, we had Alan Anderson running point for huge chunks of the game since D-Will hit his minutes limit and Livingston got into foul trouble early. That's when our offense stagnated, Cleveland went on that big run, and all the Knicks fans creamed themselves.

I'm a Mavs fan. Ellis is going to benefit from playing with Dirk. He had seven turnovers, but he passed the ball well with 8 assists. I think playing with Brandon Jennings is enough to ruin anyone.

Branduil is a Mavs fan too.

A Mavs fan that wishes death on his own team's players when the team plays poorly but a Mavs fan, nonetheless.

He literally wished for (Miami I think) to get "We Are Marshalled". Yes, he said that shit.

The Tank is back in service after yesterday's scare. Now all we need is for Bynum to miss some games so that Cleveland can panic trade us a 1st rounder for Gasol.

Branduil is a Mavs fan too.

A Mavs fan that wishes death on his own team's players when the team plays poorly but a Mavs fan, nonetheless.

He literally wished for (Miami I think) to get "We Are Marshalled". Yes, he said that shit.

I understand that, but I've never gotten worked up enough to the point of wishing injury on other players or teams. Not even in the 2006 Finals when I had a legitimate excuse to.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm in Portland and get free tickets every so often. Usually really awesome seats. Sometimes I get em and can't go. Would love to drop em on someone who actually gives a shit about basketball.

PM me if you got em.

Yeppp. I still got my connections. I saw Kobe drop 45 from like 30 feet away, and the next game he tore his achilles.

Anyway, the Pelicans mascot is the stuff of nightmares:

W7p6vEw.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This time he just rolled his ankle, last season it was swelling, he claims they're unrelated. Either way he's looked good in the time he has played. If we're making judgments right now then the Sixers might as well plan their parade.

I mean, we had Alan Anderson running point for huge chunks of the game since D-Will hit his minutes limit and Livingston got into foul trouble early. That's when our offense stagnated, Cleveland went on that big run, and all the Knicks fans creamed themselves.

Unrelated? He had bonespurs, not just swelling. I didn't keep up with him in the offseason, but did he ever get the surgery? If not don't be surprised if he experiences that swelling again.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's been coached by Coach K long enough, and has an ongoing relationship with him. He's more familiar with what makes a great coach than you and I. Or are you claiming otherwise?

Uh huh. Like I asked giri, do you think you're some great talent evaluator? You say it doesn't add credence, then what does? What metrics do you have for gauging coaching greatness?

This goes back to the point I made in the previous threads. Someone like Phil Jackson gets labeled as greatest, but why? For wining, obviously. Is that a metric to be used? Because that would already vault Spo into the #2 spot in the current league. Ironic. What's the metric used. Maybe you can set me straight on that. PEACE.

We are all fans

I didn't at a professional level but have played and coached

By the logic you are stating me should never be able to criticize a player or coach because what do we know? ROFL

Spo isn't even that well respected by 2 of his 3 stars if that WOJ report is a 100 percent honest...

He is a forward thinking coach and in a league that has 9 new coaches Spo is in that top 4 or 5...

giri

We are all fans

I didn't at a professional level but have played and coached

By the logic you are stating me should never be able to criticize a player or coach because what do we know? ROFL

Spo isn't even that well respected by 2 of his 3 stars if that WOJ report is a 100 percent honest...

He is a forward thinking coach and in a league that has 9 new coaches Spo is in that top 4 or 5...

Yeah, i really don't mind spo as a coach. He seems to have a system, be able to adapt the system to his players, and he's willing to actually coach them, not placate them.

I mean, helps having the players that he does. But still...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, i really don't mind spo as a coach. He seems to have a system, be able to adapt the system to his players, and he's willing to actually coach them, not placate them.

I mean, helps having the players that he does. But still...

I still think Pat would have ran Bron at point

But yeah Spo is pretty good

Top Bottom